Windows 10: Performance Problems

Discus and support Performance Problems in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi All Recently switched back to Windows Defender from Avast Free, anyways having high memory usage with MS Edge, slow downs at times while gaming,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by AMDMan2016, Jul 26, 2016.

1. Performance Problems

Hi All

Recently switched back to Windows Defender from Avast Free, anyways having high memory usage with MS Edge, slow downs at times while gaming, thinking maybe PC can't handle Defender, despite it's AMD FX 8310 8 Core, 3.40ghz, R7 240 video card, it might be Firestorm though causing it, adjusting a setting in there in a moment, and seeing if it improves.

I did sfc scan now, no intergrity violations found, dism cleanup image done, disk cleanup, and checked optimization, anything else I I could do? or just wait to Annivesary update clean install, and just use 1 Antiivrus permently , and not remove one, monthly, and try Defender again or go back to Avast a week or two later

:)

AMDMan2016, Jul 26, 2016

2. start menu stopped working

Cannot get start menu to pop up. Worked till yesterday, now won't. Turned off computer and back on - still won't work

problems-problems, Jul 26, 2016
  3. garybear89, Jul 26, 2016
  4. Ztruker Win User

Performance Problems

Lots of fixes in Edge with the Anniversary update. August 2nd is less than a week away, I'd say wait.

Ztruker, Jul 26, 2016
  5. Think I may have it solved now, found out Firestorm had video memory up to 1024mbs, lowered that back to Default of 512mbs, and system seems to be responding better, perhaps that application couldn't handle using more than that, (Firestorm viewer, 3rd party Secondlife viewer)

Anyhow Anniversary update less than week away, so any other issues should be totally solved then

Memory Usage holding at 51 percent now, CPU usage holding at 18-20 percent with same programs open, will mark as Solved after a few more hours of testing, or a little more tomorrow just to be sure

AMDMan2016, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Performance Problems

1. Performance Problems - Similar Threads - Performance Problems

2. How do i fix the problem "This file does not have an app associated with it for performing...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do i fix the problem "This file does not have an app associated with it for performing...: I've tried the command prompt trick. I opened the sims with steam, and it wouldnt work, Can u please send some solutions to this problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-fix-the-problem-this-file-does-not-have/d478d6d0-970c-40ac-ae93-8b496334ac51
  3. How do i fix the problem "This file does not have an app associated with it for performing...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do i fix the problem "This file does not have an app associated with it for performing...: I've tried the command prompt trick. I opened the sims with steam, and it wouldnt work, Can u please send some solutions to this problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-fix-the-problem-this-file-does-not-have/d478d6d0-970c-40ac-ae93-8b496334ac51
  4. Windows 10 laptop- Problems with display and performance

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 laptop- Problems with display and performance: This laptop was from my dad but he handed it down to me for when i need it for school, it was repaired but when i started using it again for my school powerpoint it started acting up, my background wallpaper slowly started becoming lighter, and my entire laptop was running...
  5. Windows 10 laptop- Problems with display and performance

Windows 10 laptop- Problems with display and performance: This laptop was from my dad but he handed it down to me for when i need it for school, it was repaired but when i started using it again for my school powerpoint it started acting up, my background wallpaper slowly started becoming lighter, and my entire laptop was running...
  6. Windows 10 laptop- Problems with display and performance

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Can't access Windows 10 Desktop after performing a restore due to bluetooth audio problems

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't access Windows 10 Desktop after performing a restore due to bluetooth audio problems: After attempting to roll back to earlier restore point from 2 weeks prior, in the hopes that a new problem with no audio from my bluetooth device, after updating bluetooth audio drivers, I was still unable to correct the bluetooth audio issue so I restored back to present day...
  8. Can't access Windows 10 Desktop after performing a restore due to bluetooth audio problems

Can't access Windows 10 Desktop after performing a restore due to bluetooth audio problems: After attempting to roll back to earlier restore point from 2 weeks prior, in the hopes that a new problem with no audio from my bluetooth device, after updating bluetooth audio drivers, I was still unable to correct the bluetooth audio issue so I restored back to present day...
  9. Can't access Windows 10 Desktop after performing a restore due to bluetooth audio problems

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  10. I found the answer to my Windows 11 performance problems

I found the answer to my Windows 11 performance problems: Previously, when I would login to Windows 11, Windows would hog the system resources for several minutes before I could actually work on MY stuff. On such occasions the system drive would be whirring until whatever the OS was doing had finished. Since I have an eight core,...