Windows 10: Performance % ramps up for CPU, Mem & Power until Task Mgr is opened

Discus and support Performance % ramps up for CPU, Mem & Power until Task Mgr is opened in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, I am on Windows 10 Home but have been on an insider preview channel for a very long time without many issues at all until now. Yes, I get the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Princess Wonder Woman, Jun 25, 2020.

1. Performance % ramps up for CPU, Mem & Power until Task Mgr is opened

Hello,

I am on Windows 10 Home but have been on an insider preview channel for a very long time without many issues at all until now. Yes, I get the obvious point about to be made by everyone. I am also the same person that has just posted about imminently switching to Win 10 Pro but having a challenge doing so. That issue is/has been addressed in the other post.

I have been facing the problem I am about to describe for a while but it is finally getting on my last nerve and since I will be delayed on upgrading to pro for a little bit I have decided to address the problem. The issue is that I will be using my laptop parameters of my laptop provided below it will consistently, spontaneously have the fan turn on and that is the indication to me that the performance is being taken over by "something" causing either my CPU, RAM or Power to ramp up really high percentage wise sometimes even to 100%. but within a few moments of my opening my task manager it starts to drop completely to normal ranges. I am wondering if anyone has ever experienced anything like this or knows what might be going on? I am a help desk tech with 25 yrs experience in the "biz" and I run a tight ship with an extremely clean machine.

Here's the config of my machine:

HP DV7 6b32US Laptop purchased in 2011. I have upgraded it nicely over the years and I am still quite happy with it. The upgrades now on the laptop have it in the condition of the following:

Windows 10 Home - but here's the "cute" wrinkle - important later - I am on the fast ring of the Windows 10 Insider Preview Channel IPC

C: Drive is: recently upgraded Samsung 860 EVO 1TB SSD

Second physical internal drive of 2TB I think it is a Hitachi 1TB mechanical

16GB RAM

Intel Core i7 Quad core - 2.4 ghz

Malwarebytes for the security software and Windows Defender Firewall

I will update this thread with a screenshot of my task manager the next time the issue happens. All comments and suggestions appreciated. Please do not suggest wiping out and doing a clean install as I have too many programs installed and plan on doing an upgrade in place to Win 10 Pro shortly.

Sincerely,

Princess Wonder Woman

:)

Princess Wonder Woman, Jun 25, 2020

2. wats up w task mgr?

Whats up w task mgr? Win 7 does not appear to be the same, only [systems] report. I wont shut off, and you must hit escape?

• *sarc

Rod Gouin TECH, Jun 25, 2020
  3. I have neither COM Surrogate in TASK MGR nor DLL files...

I have the same thing,COM surrogate and dll not listed,weird that some people have it and others don't. I turned off 'Always show icons never thumbnails' as someone said this may help but it didn't.

sea skimmer, Jun 25, 2020
  4. Mystere Win User

Performance % ramps up for CPU, Mem & Power until Task Mgr is opened

wats up w task mgr?

Sorry, i don't understand what you're talking about.

Mystere, Jun 25, 2020
Thema:

Performance % ramps up for CPU, Mem & Power until Task Mgr is opened

1. Performance % ramps up for CPU, Mem & Power until Task Mgr is opened - Similar Threads - Performance ramps CPU

2. cpu uasage high until open task manager

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    cpu uasage high until open task manager: My Acer laptop's fan has been running very loudly these past few weeks. When it gets too unbearable, I open Task Manager, only to find that my cpu usage lowers dramatically from 100% going as low....
  3. cpu uasage high until open task manager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    cpu uasage high until open task manager: My Acer laptop's fan has been running very loudly these past few weeks. When it gets too unbearable, I open Task Manager, only to find that my cpu usage lowers dramatically from 100% going as low....
  4. CPU Usage 100% until Task Manager is opened

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CPU Usage 100% until Task Manager is opened: Hi,I have a i9-9900k 32gb Windows Pro 21H2 19044.1586 desktop that randomly starts freezing up. As soon as I hit task manager, I can see the CPU is 100% for a second after opening, after which it goes down to normal levels and I can use my PC normally.I have searched for...
  5. CPU Usage 100% until Task Manager is opened

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    CPU Usage 100% until Task Manager is opened: Hi,I have a i9-9900k 32gb Windows Pro 21H2 19044.1586 desktop that randomly starts freezing up. As soon as I hit task manager, I can see the CPU is 100% for a second after opening, after which it goes down to normal levels and I can use my PC normally.I have searched for...
  6. CPU Usage 100% until Task Manager is opened

7. CPU goes up to 40-50% until I open up task manager.

CPU goes up to 40-50% until I open up task manager.: I recently reinstalled windows to have a fresh start, and up until today everything has been going smoothly. Today when I when I opened up task manager I noticed my cpu utilization was at 30-50% and immediately jumped down to 1-5%. This has happened to me before after...
  8. CPU is at 100 until I open task manager

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    CPU is at 100 until I open task manager: Ever since I uninstalled BitDefender my computer has been acting weird. The biggest issue is even with absolutely nothing open, when I open task manager my cpu usage is at 100 then it drops down to normal levels, around 10-20%. If I close task manager and instantly open it...
  9. High Cpu temperature until opened task manager

in Windows 10 Customization
    High Cpu temperature until opened task manager: I got a problem with mu CPU. Temperature is always about 80c and when i open task manager it drops to normal level. I already tried this commands 1. dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth 2. sfc /scannow 3. powershell 4. Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers |Where-Object...
  10. wats up w task mgr?

in Windows 10 Support
    wats up w task mgr?: Whats up w task mgr? Win 7 does not appear to be the same, only [systems] report. I wont shut off, and you must hit escape? *sarc 37367