Windows 10: Performance slider: No difference between Better and Best?

Discus and support Performance slider: No difference between Better and Best? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, I have a question about the performance slider on Windows 10 laptops (the one when you click the battery icon in the system tray). Am I legally... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by TMHKR, May 6, 2020.

1. TMHKR Win User

Performance slider: No difference between Better and Best?

Hello, I have a question about the performance slider on Windows 10 laptops (the one when you click the battery icon in the system tray).

Am I legally blind, or there's really no noticeable performance increase when I set it from Better Performance to Best Performance? Yes, I can feel the increase from Better Battery to Better Performance (smoother scrolling in browsers), but Better to Best? Nothing.

Bonus question: Why is there even better performance increase when I use the AC power? Better Performance on battery is slower than Better Performance on AC power, although it's the same slider setting. Is it done on hardware level, since the Windows power plan is the same (Balanced)?

i3-7020U, 8GB DDR4, Intel HD 620 + Radeon 520 2GB, Win10 LTSC

:)

TMHKR, May 6, 2020

2. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, May 6, 2020
  3. Pavan_N Win User
    speaker ( or sound ) slider switch disappeared

Hi Hank,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

• Are you able to use Volume slider on the taskbar?

• Do you get any error message?

• Are you able to see sound icon on the taskbar?
    I suggest you to hoover your mouse on the right side of the taskbar and click on the sound icon and try to use volume slider and check if it that works.

Follow the steps below and check.

• Discover the empty slot on the
      Taskbar
      and Right click.

• Click on Properties.

• Under Taskbar tab and Notification area
      click on Custom.

• Tap on Select which icons appears on the taskbar.

• Turn on Volume option.
    Hope this helps. If any other issues get back to us. We are glad to help you.

Thanks

Pavan_N, May 6, 2020
  4. Performance slider: No difference between Better and Best?

"Chinese Characters" program delaying shutdown - a different approach.

Hi,

Thank you for your response.

• As you have mentioned this happens only in the Admin account, is it local account set as admin account or the Microsoft account?
    I would suggest you to check the all apps list and check if that Chinese character app is present.

After you try the above steps and share us the results what happens we can proceed with the further suggestions.

Please post us back with the results after troubleshooting the above steps and check.

Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, May 6, 2020
Thema:

Performance slider: No difference between Better and Best?

1. Performance slider: No difference between Better and Best? - Similar Threads - Performance slider difference

2. Windows 11 My battery slider isnt showing the best performance options:

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 My battery slider isnt showing the best performance options:: When i click the menu windows 11 and look at my brightness scaler it doesnt say like "best performance" options. Someone please help : https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-my-battery-slider-isnt-showing-the-best/850018a0-5a47-4239-bf71-50896d8fc87b
  3. Windows 11 My battery slider isnt showing the best performance options:

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 My battery slider isnt showing the best performance options:: When i click the menu windows 11 and look at my brightness scaler it doesnt say like "best performance" options. Someone please help : https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-my-battery-slider-isnt-showing-the-best/850018a0-5a47-4239-bf71-50896d8fc87b
  4. MSI laptop performs better on "Better performance" option instead of "Best performance"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MSI laptop performs better on "Better performance" option instead of "Best performance": I've recently got an MSI laptop GF63 Thin 11UC, and found out that for some reason the CPU speed is faster when on the "Better performance" option than on "best performance". Does anyone know why this is/how to change it?...
  5. MSI laptop performs better on "Better performance" option instead of "Best performance"

MSI laptop performs better on "Better performance" option instead of "Best performance": I've recently got an MSI laptop GF63 Thin 11UC, and found out that for some reason the CPU speed is faster when on the "Better performance" option than on "best performance". Does anyone know why this is/how to change it?...
  6. MSI laptop performs better on "Better performance" option instead of "Best performance"

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Better performance mode - 2.30 Ghz CPU cannot exceed 2.20 Ghz unless on best performance -...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Better performance mode - 2.30 Ghz CPU cannot exceed 2.20 Ghz unless on best performance -...: As mentioned in the title, I'm wondering if this is normal behavior intended by windows to save power or something. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/better-performance-mode-230-ghz-cpu-cannot-exceed/0524d0ba-8bc7-4a5a-848c-a0fc97f61caf
  8. Better performance mode - 2.30 Ghz CPU cannot exceed 2.20 Ghz unless on best performance -...

Better performance mode - 2.30 Ghz CPU cannot exceed 2.20 Ghz unless on best performance -...: As mentioned in the title, I'm wondering if this is normal behavior intended by windows to save power or something. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/better-performance-mode-230-ghz-cpu-cannot-exceed/0524d0ba-8bc7-4a5a-848c-a0fc97f61caf
  9. On desktop, should I leave the power slider at "Better performance" or bump it up to "Best...

On desktop, should I leave the power slider at "Better performance" or bump it up to "Best...: I can't quite find a good desktop specific answer for this online, so I was wondering if I should bump up the performance and power slider in Windows 10 to "best performance" to get the most out of my machine while gaming for example or if I should just leave it on the...
  10. Better Computer Performance

Better Computer Performance: I'm running Windows 10 pro and would really (really) appreciate some tips on increasing system performance. I'm a neophyte when it comes to finer aspects of tuning a system. Thanks! Mike...