Windows 10: Performed a "clean boot" and got this message upon logging in: "Something happened and your...

Discus and support Performed a "clean boot" and got this message upon logging in: "Something happened and your... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I was running into an issue while trying to run a game where it would crash my entire PC randomly. Since this issue only came up while running this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by versaliens, Feb 20, 2022.

1. Performed a "clean boot" and got this message upon logging in: "Something happened and your...

I was running into an issue while trying to run a game where it would crash my entire PC randomly. Since this issue only came up while running this specific game, I reached out to the game's support network and they gave me a list of steps to follow to try to fix whatever was going on. The last of which was to perform a "clean boot" in order to determine what the issue may have been, where they then linked this MS support article. I followed the instructions MS themselves provided to a T and unfortunately, I am now entirely locked out of my PC without any way to log back in.I then went to this

:)

versaliens, Feb 20, 2022
  2. Toothless Win User

Silent boot failure

List your specs out and tell us each step in cleaning you did.

Toothless, Feb 20, 2022
  3. Can't Perform Clean Boot

I gave it a go but still no joy unfortunately. Whatever I do it still starts as per original screen shot when it's supposed to be in clean boot.

What I noticed was, even after doing your step 3, (checking 'normal startup' on general tab, and enabling all services 'hide all' box unchecked, and all items in start up enabled) then restarting ....when it boots up (supposedly now in normal mode), if I go into config, the general tab is as following screenshot;

fig2

Performed a "clean boot" and got this message upon logging in: "Something happened and your... [​IMG]

So it seems as if it never actually boots up in 'normal startup' mode to start with, (although at this stage all services in list are ticked and all items in startup are enabled).

But from here, if I go through your procedure from step 1, and just uncheck the 'load startup items' box on general, etc, etc, then when I reboot, it will always be as my original screenshot (with only a small number of services remaining unchecked and the 'hide all' box having unchecked itself). The following screenshot in how it now looks in general tab (so when it's supposed to be in clean boot);

fig3

Performed a "clean boot" and got this message upon logging in: "Something happened and your... [​IMG]

I'm not sure whats going on in that 'load system services box there. It's all quite confusing.

ouroboros72, Feb 20, 2022
  4. Performed a "clean boot" and got this message upon logging in: "Something happened and your...

System freezes at the desktop even after performing clean installation of Windows 10

Hi Peter,

Do not worry we will help you with this issue.

Provide us with additional information to assist you better with this issue:

• Which is the current version of Windows 10 installed on your computer?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps you have tried to resolve the issue?
    • Were you able to see any error code/ error message when the system freezes?
    • Does the same issue persists while booting the system in Safe mode with networking?
    • Have you installed all the pending Windows Updates and drivers after performing clean installation?

To identify the issue, try few of the troubleshooting steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: Now to troubleshoot on it, after the computer boots, I suggest you to check the performance of the system in Safe Mode.

Refer: Start your PC in safe mode in Windows 10

Step 2: Also, I suggest you to test the issue by placing the computer in a Clean Boot state helps in eliminating software conflicts.

Disclaimer: Putting your system in
    Clean Boot state helps in identifying if any third party applications or startup items are causing the issue.

You need to follow the steps from the article mentioned below to perform a Clean Boot.

How to perform a clean boot in Windows

Note: After troubleshooting, refer to the section “How to reset the computer to start as usual after troubleshooting with
    Clean Boot” to return the computer to a
    Normal startup mode.

Step 3: Follow the below steps to
    place the computer in normal mode.

• Press Windows + R keys to open Run
      command.
    • Type msconfig and press Enter.
    • In the System Configuration window, click on
      General
      tab.
    • Select Start-up selection as Normal startup, click on
      Apply and Ok.
    • Follow onscreen instructions.

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of system freeze after reboot for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Feb 20, 2022
Thema:

Performed a "clean boot" and got this message upon logging in: "Something happened and your...

1. Performed a "clean boot" and got this message upon logging in: "Something happened and your... - Similar Threads - Performed clean boot

2. I got the "something happened and your pin isn't available " message on the lockscreen. I...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I got the "something happened and your pin isn't available " message on the lockscreen. I...: I was on msconfig working with some settings. I disabled some Microsoft services while on there and I guess I might have disabled some necessary Microsoft service. After applying the settings I was asked to restart my pc and I did, after restartimg I tried logging into...
  3. I got the "something happened and your pin isn't available " message on the lockscreen. I...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I got the "something happened and your pin isn't available " message on the lockscreen. I...: I was on msconfig working with some settings. I disabled some Microsoft services while on there and I guess I might have disabled some necessary Microsoft service. After applying the settings I was asked to restart my pc and I did, after restartimg I tried logging into...
  4. Booted into safe mode, got "Something happened and your PIN isn't available", can't log in

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Booted into safe mode, got "Something happened and your PIN isn't available", can't log in: Booted into Windows 10 Home edition safe mode, upon which the login screen reads, "Something happened and your PIN isn't available. Click to setup your pin again." When I click to setup my pin, nothing happens for awhile, and then it asks if I want to search for an App....
  5. Booted into safe mode, got "Something happened and your PIN isn't available", can't log in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Booted into safe mode, got "Something happened and your PIN isn't available", can't log in: Booted into Windows 10 Home edition safe mode, upon which the login screen reads, "Something happened and your PIN isn't available. Click to setup your pin again." When I click to setup my pin, nothing happens for awhile, and then it asks if I want to search for an App....
  6. Booted into safe mode, got "Something happened and your PIN isn't available", can't log in

7. Something happened with your pin.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Something happened with your pin.: So I'm not able to login in getting something happened with your pin message when I try to use trouble shoot option its saying wrong password and it's the right one but pc is not connected to internet. Is there a way to connect to the internet via WiFi while not signed in....
  8. Performed a "clean boot" and got this message upon logging in: "Something happened and your...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Performed a "clean boot" and got this message upon logging in: "Something happened and your...: I was running into an issue while trying to run a game where it would crash my entire PC randomly. Since this issue only came up while running this specific game, I reached out to the game's support network and they gave me a list of steps to follow to try to fix whatever was...
  9. Performed a "clean boot" and got this message upon logging in: "Something happened and your...

Performed a "clean boot" and got this message upon logging in: "Something happened and your...: I was running into an issue while trying to run a game where it would crash my entire PC randomly. Since this issue only came up while running this specific game, I reached out to the game's support network and they gave me a list of steps to follow to try to fix whatever was...
  10. No log in screen after trying to Perform Clean Boot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    No log in screen after trying to Perform Clean Boot: I had a app preventing shut down problem so i tried to perform clean boot as per following: Press Windows key + X key. And select Run. Type msconfig in the Run box and hit Enter. On the Services tab of the System Configuration dialog box, tap or click to select theHide all...