Windows 10: Performed a factory rest on laptop then got the "Other Users" login. Created administrator....

Discus and support Performed a factory rest on laptop then got the "Other Users" login. Created administrator.... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I performed a factory reset on my Lenovo laptop, running windows 10. After a few hours, when the laptop rebooted, I was presented with the "other... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Tyler879, Apr 8, 2020.

1. Tyler879 Win User

Performed a factory rest on laptop then got the "Other Users" login. Created administrator....

I performed a factory reset on my Lenovo laptop, running windows 10. After a few hours, when the laptop rebooted, I was presented with the "other users" login screen. I sort of expected to be prompted through setting up the unit as if it were new, but this did not happen. After some online searching and troubleshooting I found the solution was to enter safe mode, and activate the administrator account, which I did successfully. My only question is, now what? From the admin login I cannot access the internet, any applications, or add other users. What do I do to get my laptop back to being functional at this point?

:)

Tyler879, Apr 8, 2020
  2. Jaune Bel Win User

Health & Performance Report Not Available on 2 user accounts except the administrator's account in the laptop has Health Report

We appreciate your time responding back to us. At this point, we would suggest that you access the built-in Administrator account to and check if you would be able to perform a Health Check from it. Here are the steps on how to enable the built-in Administrator
    Account:

• Right-click on the Start button.
    • Select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type the net user administrator /active:yes and hit
      Enter

After completing these steps, you should see a message that you've done the command completed successfully. Sign out from your current user profile and you'll see the Administrator account as one of the choices.

Let us know if you would be able to perform a system health check on your account and we'll assist you with the next steps needed.

Once you're successful with performing a health check on the Administrator account, we would suggest that you disable it from your personal user profile by following these steps:

• Right-click on the Start button.
    • Select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type the net user administrator /active:no and hit Enter.

Let us know how it goes and we'll assist you further.

Jaune Bel, Apr 8, 2020
  3. Cannot login after Factory reset stuck on Other Users page

Hi Adam,

Thank you for posting in Community.

We understand your concern and we will provide the assistance required to help you resolve the issue.

Before we proceed, I would like you to provide the information stated below:

Which OS is currently installed or returned to after Factory Settings?

As per the information that you have provided, I would suggest that you perform the steps mentioned below:

Step 1: Follow the steps to enable Built-in Administrator account:

• If on Windows 7 press F8
      upon restart after the manufacturers logo appears. If on Windows 8,8.1 press
      Shift key and then Restart to access Safe Mode.
    • Then access command prompt (admin) and type:
      net user administrator /active:yes
      (To enable Built –in Administrator account give the command Active: No).
    • Then press ENTER.

Step 2: Administrator Account.

Log in through the in built admin account, create a new administrator account and check if you can log in. If you are able to log into the new account, deactivate the inbuilt admin account.

Hope this information helps

Vanessa Sohtun, Apr 8, 2020
  4. Linda.y Win User

Performed a factory rest on laptop then got the "Other Users" login. Created administrator....

Health & Performance Report Not Available on 2 user accounts except the administrator's account in the laptop has Health Report

Thanks Jaune . I performed the first 3 steps in my built-in administrator account & did get the Health Report back for this account. However I did not perform the second set of 3steps as I do not understand it & have fear that it would remove the newly
    emerged Health Report. I tried perform the first 3 steps on my second administrator account which did bring the Health Report, on finding later that Health Report is no longer available on my built-in admin. account

Despite this, this is the best advice so far as all other answers like performing a clean boot, starting in a safe mode did not work for me at all.

Jaune, will you please help me further to fix the "add new user account" problem. None of the admin account will respond to my click on add account. I want to remove the second admin account where no Health report is available, hopefully to have the issue
    fixed when I add it back on. Is there a maximum no. of user accounts in the laptop? I want to see that I can add to replace user account removed due to problematic performance

Linda.y, Apr 8, 2020
Thema:

1. Performed a factory rest on laptop then got the "Other Users" login. Created administrator.... - Similar Threads - Performed factory rest

2. setting one user login session and kill the rest other login sessions to win10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    setting one user login session and kill the rest other login sessions to win10: Hi therei'd like to run a role policy which will allow one user login session and will kill the rest other login sessions to win10 domain using AD usersThanks in advance...
  3. setting one user login session and kill the rest other login sessions to win10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    setting one user login session and kill the rest other login sessions to win10: Hi therei'd like to run a role policy which will allow one user login session and will kill the rest other login sessions to win10 domain using AD usersThanks in advance...
  4. setting one user login session and kill the rest other login sessions to win10

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Creating Other User

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Creating Other User: As system Admin I wish to create Other Users. User without Microsoft Account I've repeatedly created Other User process complete and apparently successful but when attempting to switch Users and log in as the newly created Other User I get Password Incorrect error. I have...
  6. Creating Other User

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Creating Other User: As system Admin I wish to create Other Users. User without Microsoft Account I've repeatedly created Other User process complete and apparently successful but when attempting to switch Users and log in as the newly created Other User I get Password Incorrect error. I have...
  7. Creating Other User

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Performed a factory reset on laptop then got the "Other Users" login. Created...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Performed a factory reset on laptop then got the "Other Users" login. Created...: I performed a factory reset on my Lenovo laptop, running windows 10. After a few hours, when the laptop rebooted, I was presented with the "other users" login screen. I sort of expected to be prompted through setting up the unit as if it were new, but this did not happen....
  9. Factory Reset and it created "other user" account.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Factory Reset and it created "other user" account.: Hello I just did a factory reset on my wife's HP laptop because one of our teens got a virus on it. But after completing the factory reset on the computer it reset its self and boots up and brings you to the prompt page where you normally go if to sign in. But there is now...
  10. Factory Reset and other user created

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Factory Reset and other user created: Hi, I had purchased a new lenovo laptop with preinstalled windows 10. After using 5 to 6 days, the system became little bit slow. So I did factory reset and post the process had been completed, I got a login page where it is asking for other user log in credentials and...