Windows 10: Performed update for Windows 10 - lost brightness control

Discus and support Performed update for Windows 10 - lost brightness control in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; now I can not control brightness either through F3 or by hitting notification icon method as noted in help... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JerryKiessling, Oct 1, 2018.

1. Performed update for Windows 10 - lost brightness control

now I can not control brightness either through F3 or by hitting notification icon method as noted in help

:)

JerryKiessling, Oct 1, 2018
  2. John Sarc Win User

Brightness Control not working in Windows 10

Hi Ella,

To adjust the brightness, see the steps below:

• Go back to Power Options, and tick on the High performance.
    • See if you can adjust the brightness.

If this not work, we highly suggest that you create an Administrator account, and re-do the steps above.

Let us know how it goes.

John Sarc, Oct 1, 2018
  3. NO BRIGHTNESS CONTROL AFTER WINDOWS 1O UPDATE

Hello Gaurav,

Thank you for visiting Microsoft Community and providing us with the detailed description about the issue.

As per the description, I understand that you are experiencing issue with Brightness settings after upgrading to Windows 10 in the system.

I certainly understand your concern and will try my best to help you.

There is a possibility that this issue might have occurred due to incompatible or corrupt display drivers or the brightness settings are not correct in the system.

I would suggest you to try the following methods and check if it helps.

Method 1:

To check for the brightness settings, please follow the steps given below and check if it helps.

• Press “Windows + C” keys on the keyboard.

• In the search box, type
      Power Options.

• Click on Power options, and under any plan, click
      Change plan settings.

• Click Change advanced power settings.

• In the list, expand Display, and then expand
      Enable adaptive brightness.

• To turn adaptive brightness on or off when your computer is running on battery power, click
      On battery, and then, in the list, click On or
      Off.

• To turn adaptive brightness on or off when your computer is plugged into an outlet, click
      Plugged in, and then, in the list, click On or
      Off.

• Click Apply. Click
      OK.
    If the issue persists, follow method 2

Method 2:

Step 1:
    Update the Display driver.

Please follow the steps given below to update the display driver.

• Press Windows key + X when you are at desktop.

• Select Device Manager.

• Expand Display adapters.

• Right-click the display driver and click
      Update Driver Software.

• Select Search Automatically for Updated Driver Software.
    Step 2:

Check if there are any updates for display drivers available in Optional Updates; this might fix the issue. Refer to the following steps.

• At the Start screen, type Windows Update.

• Click or tap Settings on the right side of the screen, and then select Install optional updates from the left results.

• When the Windows Update control panel opens, click on “Check for Updates” on the top left corner to receive a fresh list of updates.
    Also see: Download and install drivers

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-ca/windows-8/all-drivers

The above steps holds good for Windows 10 as well.

For more Information:

I would suggest you to refer to the suggestions provided by
    “Andre Da Costa” replied on January 22, 2015 in the following Microsoft Community link.

Frequently Asked Questions: Windows 10

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...ndows-10/5c0b9368-a9e8-4238-b1e4-45f4b7ed2fb9

I hope this information is helpful.

Please do let us know if you need any further assistance, we will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Jayant Gupta, Oct 1, 2018
  4. TheDavidW Win User

Performed update for Windows 10 - lost brightness control

After the latest Windows Update, brightness control and custom keyboard shortcuts no longer function

Acer 1810TZ

64 bit OS and processor (4GB)

Windows 10 Pro

Version 1803

Build 17134.48

Installed 05/17/2018

Quality Updates Installed

• KB4103729
    • KB4103721
    Definition Updates Installed

• KB2267602

Like the subject says, I've lost brightness control as well as custom keyboard shortcuts I had setup to start programs (Ctrl + Alt + [letter]). I just discovered the latter not working. Brightness control no longer works with function key shortcut, icon
    in the notification panel, or adjusting the brightness slider in Settings.

Note that Windows key shortcuts DO work. Volume control DOES work with function key, system tray icon slider, etc.

I've tried the following to no avail:

• updating display and monitor drivers as well as switching to the basic Microsoft display.
    • uninstalling update
    • reinstalling the update
    • the old voodoo trick of rebooting at each of the above steps

I'm at a loss as to what to try or what to even what to search for at this point. Thanks for your help!

TheDavidW, Oct 1, 2018
Thema:

Performed update for Windows 10 - lost brightness control

1. Performed update for Windows 10 - lost brightness control - Similar Threads - Performed update lost

2. A windows 10 update lost me screen brightness control

in Windows 10 Customization
    A windows 10 update lost me screen brightness control: Hello.I used to control screen brightness all the time throughout my day, using either the keyboard special functions or by navigating my cursor to the bottom right corner and opening the panel.A recent windows10 update forced on me, like always has removed brightness...
  3. A windows 10 update lost me screen brightness control

in Windows 10 Gaming
    A windows 10 update lost me screen brightness control: Hello.I used to control screen brightness all the time throughout my day, using either the keyboard special functions or by navigating my cursor to the bottom right corner and opening the panel.A recent windows10 update forced on me, like always has removed brightness...
  4. A windows 10 update lost me screen brightness control

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How to Control Brightness in Windows 10

How to Control Brightness in Windows 10: The brightness of my computer is breaking again and again. It stays bright, after few seconds, it goes less bright and again full bright. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-control-brightness-in-windows-10/d63c43c6-f3f1-4bf6-bbaf-f0c9b459598a
  6. No brightness controls Windows 10

No brightness controls Windows 10: Just got a new all in one HP Eliteone 1000 seems that windows does not have brightens adjustment controls. Have looked through some posts and videos and have all the updates with Windows and the HP. Nothing helps. There is no brightens controls in Display settings...
  7. Windows 10 - No brightness control

Windows 10 - No brightness control: I have searched for 3 hours to find a way to lower the brightness on my computer and can't. I just downloaded Window's 10 onto the new desktop I just built and I have updated all of the display drivers twice and even tried using 3rd party applications, and Microsoft's...
  8. Brightness control not working after updating windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Brightness control not working after updating windows 10: i can't control my brightness after i updating my windows 10 to latest update. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/brightness-control-not-working-after-updating/1a416f92-87a9-4d2a-8e0e-768c769245fe
  9. unable to control brightness after Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    unable to control brightness after Windows 10 update: Hi, We recently had our Windows 10 update and unfortunately can no longer control the brightness. Here is what we have tried with no success based on the Windows user help forums: 1. Gone to device manager and switched to microsoft basic display - screen blacks out and...
  10. Windows 10 brightness control

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 brightness control: I have windows 10 on surface laptop and i have noticed that the brightness changes automatically based on the background that you currently have on the screen. I have unchecked the box where it says "change brightness automatically when when lightning changes" in the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 acer lost brightness control

2. windows 10 upgrade lost screen brightness control

3. laptop lost brightness after update

4. lost brightness control windows 10 laptop,
  5. lost brightness control windows 10