Windows 10: Performing a factory reset on a fixed Surface Book

Discus and support Performing a factory reset on a fixed Surface Book in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi, I've purchased a surface book with hardware issues. After fixing the issues I'm trying to perform a factory reset however it is requesting the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Robert_G55, Dec 8, 2019.

1. Performing a factory reset on a fixed Surface Book

Hi,

I've purchased a surface book with hardware issues. After fixing the issues I'm trying to perform a factory reset however it is requesting the recovery key. I do not own the original packaging so I don't have the windows key. Is there way to perform a factory reset without loosing the OS.

Thanks,

Robert

:)

Robert_G55, Dec 8, 2019
  2. Brink Win User

Updates for Surface Book and Surface Pro 4 March 7th 2017

Source: https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/...-7-march-2017/

Brink, Dec 8, 2019
  3. Brink Win User
    A Guided Tour of the Surface Book with Performance Base

Source: A Guided Tour of the Surface Book with Performance Base Surface

Brink, Dec 8, 2019
  4. Brink Win User

Performing a factory reset on a fixed Surface Book

Updates for Surface Book and Surface Pro 4 - April 5th 2017

Source: Updates for Surface Book and Surface Pro 4 (05 April 2017) Surface

See also:

Brink, Dec 8, 2019
Thema:

Performing a factory reset on a fixed Surface Book

1. Performing a factory reset on a fixed Surface Book - Similar Threads - Performing factory reset

2. Surface Book with performance base windows 11

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Surface Book with performance base windows 11: Will my Surface Book with performance base be compatible with windows 11? It exceeds all the requirements but the heath check says it can not run windows 11....
  3. Reformat Surface Book to factory settings

Reformat Surface Book to factory settings: Hi, my surface is not working that well and the camera stopped working. I have tried several ways to get it sorted - even did a restore but still no camera. My next step is to do a full reformat to factory settings. My question is - will this install Windows 10 again or...
  4. Factory Reset/Performance

Factory Reset/Performance: I've had this laptop for about 3 years, so it has started to lag pretty badly, and I figured that this was happening because it has less than 2 GB of space and it can't update, and I can't free up any more space or at least, figure out how to. So, I tried to factory reset it,...
  5. Surface book 2 unable to reset

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Surface book 2 unable to reset: I wasn't able to detach the screen and the keybord of my surface book 2 wasn't working, i read and microsoft community to hold the power button for ~ 20 seconds to solve the problem. I did it but it booted to the screen "Your PC did not start correctly". I tried every...
  6. Surface Book 2 will not reset

Surface Book 2 will not reset: I created a USB restore drive from my machine, reset the computer and the restore dies at 65% and then not able to do anything. Is there any way I can create another restore usb without using my PC since it now does not work? I even went as far as saying wipe the whole...
  7. Surface book 2 - reset problems

Surface book 2 - reset problems: Hello, I'm having an issue with my Surface Book 2. After updating windows a few days ago my network adaptor suddenly just stopped working. I was unable to connect to the internet or detect WiFi networks. I decided to just reset the computer to factory settings after trying...
  8. Fix Surface Pro or Surface Book Camera not working

in Windows 10 News
    Fix Surface Pro or Surface Book Camera not working: [ATTACH] There are many who would use their laptop camera for an online meeting or live streaming or maybe just call their loved ones to for celebration, and if that camera stops working, there is much of trouble. If Surface Pro [...] This post Fix Surface Pro or Surface...
  9. Performance Decrease after Factory Reset

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Performance Decrease after Factory Reset: Recently my SSD that my OS was located on became too full, and I decided to do a factory reset of my computer. Before the reset my BIOS time was always less than 10 seconds, and averaged around 5. After this reset however, my BIOS is 105 seconds, my frames have begun to drop...
  10. A Guided Tour of the Surface Book with Performance Base

in Windows 10 News
    A Guided Tour of the Surface Book with Performance Base: Continuing our series on Microsoft Mechanics, where we feature unique engineering perspectives on the design and management of Surface devices, today we share the story behind the Surface Book with Performance Base. Jeff Stewart, Sr. Director of Program Management for...