Windows 10: Performing a Windows "Fresh Start" and pre-installed apps on my computer

Discus and support Performing a Windows "Fresh Start" and pre-installed apps on my computer in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Window says : Fresh start removes third-party antivirus software and all apps that don't come standard with Windows. This includes Microsoft apps... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by JodiHittle, Jan 14, 2020.

1. Performing a Windows "Fresh Start" and pre-installed apps on my computer

Window says :
    • Fresh start removes third-party antivirus software and all apps that don't come standard with Windows. This includes Microsoft apps such as Office, any desktop apps that came preinstalled on your device, and any Windows desktop apps, such as your device manufacturer's apps, support apps, and drivers. It keeps only Microsoft Store apps that your manufacturer installed.
    • You won't be able to recover the apps that are removed. You'll need to manually reinstall them. Once Fresh start is done, double-click the Removed Apps icon on your desktop to see a list of the apps that were removed.
    If I perform the Fresh Start, will I loose Power Media Player 14 from Cyberlink and others like it that came with the computer when I bought it?

:)

JodiHittle, Jan 14, 2020

2. Windows Fresh Start

What I mean by fresh start is, an option found in Windows Defender Security Center -> Device Performance & Health -> Fresh Star

• Fresh Start: "Start fresh with a clean up to date installation of Windows. This will keep your personal files and some windows settings, and remove some of your apps."
    I proceeded to check the disk through the mentioned instructions but no error was found. Any idea what might be causing the issue?

DiegoOchoa1, Jan 14, 2020
  3. Fresh Start Not Removing Apps

I have a recently purchased Dell 9570. I tried to run Fresh Start three times, but the Dell apps are still installed when Fresh Start is complete. All of the Dell apps (and several other apps as well) are listed in the in the To Be Removed list when Fresh
    Start is selected. Once Fresh Start is complete, One Drive is the only app in the Removed Apps file. I do not receive any error messages. I have Windows 10 Home version 1709 installed.

What is the best way to get a clean install of Windows 10? Why is Fresh Start not working correctly?

katiera_012, Jan 14, 2020
  4. Performing a Windows "Fresh Start" and pre-installed apps on my computer

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Jan 14, 2020
Thema:

Performing a Windows "Fresh Start" and pre-installed apps on my computer

1. Performing a Windows "Fresh Start" and pre-installed apps on my computer - Similar Threads - Performing Fresh Start

2. issue with pre-installed apps

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    issue with pre-installed apps: most of my microsoft apps like store,movies and tv,help,groove music,calculator etc are not working and not opening at all. What should i do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/issue-with-pre-installed-apps/ccaf6ea1-8172-47ea-88ac-90e08d0a85cf"
  3. my computer keeps crashing even with fresh install

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    my computer keeps crashing even with fresh install: these are the error codes i've gotten 10/19/19 9:55 PM Windows Error Reporting Fault bucket , type 0
Event Name: BlueScreen
Response: Not available
Cab Id: 0

Problem signature:
P1:...
  4. Updating my Computer with Fresh Start

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Updating my Computer with Fresh Start: I have an older DELL Inspiron laptop that has been running beautifully on Windows 10; the laptop was purchased with Vista and subsequently upgraded to Windows 7. Then I took advantage of the free upgrade to Windows 10. No problems to date but the latest attempt to update to...
  5. Windows Downloaded with no Pre-installed apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Downloaded with no Pre-installed apps: I re-installed Windows 10 and checked in my start menu and saw no pre-installed apps. Can someone please help me. It also has no Windows Store. I tried to get it back but it shows nothing. Please help....
  6. if I delete pre-installed apps, will it be harmful for my PC?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    if I delete pre-installed apps, will it be harmful for my PC?: I know that Windows 1903 build allows for deleting pre-installed apps. I don’t use Xbox and game bar. I also don’t need a snipping tool or 3d view. Can I delete these apps without any harm to my computer? Thank you....
  7. Windows 10 Fresh Install BSOD's when Idle / Starting up Computer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Fresh Install BSOD's when Idle / Starting up Computer: Just built a new computer and am experiencing some frustrating BSOD's when the computer is idle or sometimes even when starting up the computer and starting up applications. Have tried doing a lot of the suggestions such as disabling maintenance, executing sfc /scannow, and...
  8. Performance issues with Ham Radio apps after installing MalwareBytes on fresh Windows...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Performance issues with Ham Radio apps after installing MalwareBytes on fresh Windows...: Ham Radio apps. https://dxlabsuite.com uses Jet Engine. A "corrupt' Windows 10 has been replaced by a squeaky-clean Re-install of Windows 10, including #1903 feature set. All of the PC's software was re-installed (except for MalwareBytes). Then, Look-up tests using...
  9. Icons for Pre-Installed Windows Apps Not Appearing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Icons for Pre-Installed Windows Apps Not Appearing: This is a minor but annoying problem. The icons in the taskbar for my settings app, and any other app that came pre-installed in Windows 10 such as MS Edge, do not show up. See the screenshot below where I have the settings app open to see what I'm talking about. [ATTACH] I...
  10. Fresh Start Not Removing Apps

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Fresh Start Not Removing Apps: I have a recently purchased Dell 9570. I tried to run Fresh Start three times, but the Dell apps are still installed when Fresh Start is complete. All of the Dell apps (and several other apps as well) are listed in the in the To Be Removed list when Fresh Start is selected....