Windows 10: Perhaps this is a stupid question, but I just got a second monitor and I wondered if I can...

Discus and support Perhaps this is a stupid question, but I just got a second monitor and I wondered if I can... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/TisButA-Zucc [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/TisButA-Zucc, Jul 14, 2020.

1. Perhaps this is a stupid question, but I just got a second monitor and I wondered if I can...

/u/TisButA-Zucc, Jul 14, 2020
  2. Melvis Win User

Can i run my second monitor through my second card?

Hi guys, I have just done a upgrade to my main rig (new mobo and Graphics cards) and i used to run dual monitors off the one card, but with my new cards they only have 1 DVI port on both cards and both monitors run on a DVI connection. So my question is can i run the second monitor off the second card? i have tried this just left everything as default and it didnt work, but i was wondering if there is some setting in CCC or windows that will allow me to do this? Or do i have to go get a HDMI to DVI converter?

*Toast :toast:

Melvis, Jul 14, 2020
  3. I accidentally hit the update button instead of postpone and now my second monitor does not work.

Hello,

I suggest you to unplug the cable from the monitor and connect to the second monitor, and check if it works.

Also, suggest you to follow the below steps, and check if it helps.
    1. Press Windows + X, and select Device manager.
    2. Check if the second monitor is listed under Monitor.

Also, recommend you to refer below link answered by

KelvinNikkel , and check if it helps in resolving the issue.
    Why Does My Second Monitor Not Work With The Windows 10 Update?

Do let us know with the update of the issue.

Thank you.

Pratiksha Devadiga, Jul 14, 2020
  4. Perhaps this is a stupid question, but I just got a second monitor and I wondered if I can...

Issues while installing a second monitor in Windows 10

Really? I get a canned answer and nothing else? I posted that I had tried everything that I could find posted online. I did read the post that Andre suggested multiple times prior to posting this request for help. None of it helped.

My computer does not recognize that there is a second monitor is plugged in. The small step of changing the settings so I can put stuff on the second monitor ISN'T the issue. I am not that dumb. in the device manager there is only the single monitor listed
    at one point there was a unknown device listed but my computer did not know if it was a monitor or a printer.

There has to be someone out there that knows how to fix this

Please Help

squareknees, Jul 14, 2020
Thema:

Perhaps this is a stupid question, but I just got a second monitor and I wondered if I can...

1. Perhaps this is a stupid question, but I just got a second monitor and I wondered if I can... - Similar Threads - Perhaps stupid question

2. I got a question

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I got a question: What if i want to change the bsod color can i change it without destroying device? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-got-a-question/48d81a56-f1ad-4349-a8d2-74c747dab314
  3. I got a question

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I got a question: What if i want to change the bsod color can i change it without destroying device? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-got-a-question/48d81a56-f1ad-4349-a8d2-74c747dab314
  4. I got a question

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. I need windows for my pc that I just built and I was wondering can I install windows on a...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need windows for my pc that I just built and I was wondering can I install windows on a...: I just built a pc and I don’t have another laptop or pc to install windows on a flash drive so I was wondering could I install windows on a flash drive using my phone instead of a pc...
  6. I need windows for my pc that I just built and I was wondering can I install windows on a...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I need windows for my pc that I just built and I was wondering can I install windows on a...: I just built a pc and I don’t have another laptop or pc to install windows on a flash drive so I was wondering could I install windows on a flash drive using my phone instead of a pc...
  7. I need windows for my pc that I just built and I was wondering can I install windows on a...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. Perhaps this should be a question

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Perhaps this should be a question: Take small App for instant, they need loose file from the developer to function so the developer feature rally ran it's course! With steam ahead!! The insider really tells what is happening.Imaging the setting is always on anyhow and I believe it is reason why it is now gray...
  9. hey I got a Question

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    hey I got a Question: what is cmdtool: failed with hr = 0x80070005. mean ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hey-i-got-a-question/d2a5901a-0319-49bf-9ab9-83f083272ad6
  10. I got a question, I got an virus but...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I got a question, I got an virus but...: I got a virus because I accidentally forgot to turn on virus defender. Now I was able to remove the virus, but cmd still opens at the beginning when I am entering my screen after looking in. But nothing is happing, but every program starts with administration rights no matter...