Windows 10: Period key not working on Surface Book keyboard

Discus and support Period key not working on Surface Book keyboard in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hey guys, I'm not sure if it was due to the latest update, but the period key isn't working, I have tried everything; updating drivers,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by vincortez, Feb 4, 2020.

1. vincortez Win User

Period key not working on Surface Book keyboard

Hey guys,

I'm not sure if it was due to the latest update, but the period key isn't working, I have tried everything; updating drivers, rebooting, physical cleaning, and it does not work

When I use the on-screen keyboard, it does work.

I use this computer for work every day so it's a bit frustrating having to switch to on-screen just for the period, Has anyone experienced something similar? could it be a software/hardware issue? Would I need to replace my keyboard? Its a surface book 1 and these keyboards a bit expensive for me at the moment

I'd appreciate any feedback

Thanks

:)

vincortez, Feb 4, 2020
  2. JDJones89 Win User

Surface book keyboard intermittently stops working

My surface book keyboard intermittently stops working. I have tried updating and rebooting, cleaning the connectors, charging up the battery, and nothing seems to fix the issue. The only button that
    always works is the button that allows me to disconnect the surface from the keyboard. When I reconnect it the keyboard usually works again but will eventually give out once more. I've also found if I click the mouse repeatedly the keyboard will once again
    work for a short period . Any idea how to fix this problem??

JDJones89, Feb 4, 2020
  3. Surface book keyboard not working properly

My surface book keyboard isn't working properly. The fn key is always on and when i press it nothing happens, and when i try to type anything the computer keeps inserting dollar signs into the search bar. For some reason on the on screen keyboard the shift
    key is automatically activated. I even reset the PC and i still have this problem. Someone please help

JeremiYamoah, Feb 4, 2020
  4. Period key not working on Surface Book keyboard

Brightness Keys Don't Work: Windows 10 - Surface Book Pro

I've had my MS Surface Book Pro for a week now and while I started out loving it, I'm considering returning it before my warranty/return period ends. There are strange glitches that continue to erode my confidence. One basic example is that
    the display buttons on the Surface Book keyboard don't work. According the keyboard display icons printed on the keyboard we should be able to press Fn+F1 or Fn+F2 to decrease or increase brightness. (Similar to the Mac Pro) But the buttons don't actually
    work at all.
    After a web-search it seems users have to figure out how to press Windows+Del or Windows+Backspace to increase or decrease brightness. This makes no sense. My surface book is brand new (8 days old) and the display keys on the attached
    keyboard don't work. I know we can go under settings to adjust it, but brightness adjustment is much better suited to quick keys on the keyboard I read one post that said we need to update the driver with Toshiba and do a bunch of hardware updates. But
    it boggles my mind, why wouldn't this be taken care of by MS automatically?

Is there a MS update fix planned to make the designated Display keys work on the Surface Book Pro?

(If not, I'm more unlikely to wait around for a life full of little issues. I bought this to be my work laptop and I don't have time for technology glitches.)

GwenVan Laeken, Feb 4, 2020
Thema:

Period key not working on Surface Book keyboard

1. Period key not working on Surface Book keyboard - Similar Threads - Period key working

2. Surface Book 2 Keyboard SHIFT and 4 key broken

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Surface Book 2 Keyboard SHIFT and 4 key broken: My shift key highlights whatever I'm typing instead of capitalizing the letter. Additionally, my four key types out "46" instead four. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling my keyboard drivers...
  3. Surface Book 2 Keyboard SHIFT and 4 key broken

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Surface Book 2 Keyboard SHIFT and 4 key broken: My shift key highlights whatever I'm typing instead of capitalizing the letter. Additionally, my four key types out "46" instead four. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling my keyboard drivers...
  4. Keyboard keys not working after a period of inactivity

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard keys not working after a period of inactivity: Good morning, my keyboard has been working properly ever since i bought it, but in the last few days it seems to have a problem.The keys: W, A, S, D, Q, E, *spacebar*, don't work after I don't press them for a while, and start working after just a few seconds, depending on...
  5. Keyboard keys not working after a period of inactivity

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard keys not working after a period of inactivity: Good morning, my keyboard has been working properly ever since i bought it, but in the last few days it seems to have a problem.The keys: W, A, S, D, Q, E, *spacebar*, don't work after I don't press them for a while, and start working after just a few seconds, depending on...
  6. Keyboard keys not working after a period of inactivity

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Surface Book 2 with AZERTY to QWERTY keyboard.

Surface Book 2 with AZERTY to QWERTY keyboard.: Hello,I have SB2 with AZERTY Keyboard and I saw that it is not that hard to swap the physical keys on the keyboard, of course at my own risk. My question is if I do this, do I ruin my guarantee and if someday something happens to the laptop and a replacement is needed, can I...
  8. Surface book keyboard intermittently stops working

Surface book keyboard intermittently stops working: My surface book keyboard intermittently stops working. I have tried updating and rebooting, cleaning the connectors, charging up the battery, and nothing seems to fix the issue. The only button that always works is the button that allows me to disconnect the surface from the...
  9. Surface book keyboard not working properly

Surface book keyboard not working properly: My surface book keyboard isn't working properly. The fn key is always on and when i press it nothing happens, and when i try to type anything the computer keeps inserting dollar signs into the search bar. For some reason on the on screen keyboard the shift key is...
  10. Mute mic with Keyboard Surface Book 2

in Windows 10 Customization
    Mute mic with Keyboard Surface Book 2: Where did the mute mic keyboard shortcut go? Every laptop I've owned has one, like the mute key. It is needed for web meeting in particular....