Windows 10: Periodic bluescreens and random restarts

Discus and support Periodic bluescreens and random restarts in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, I'm not too tech savvy and recently I got a pc that someone else built and the guy that built it did a fresh install of windows 10 home before... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Zeusface, Dec 19, 2020.

1. Zeusface Win User

Periodic bluescreens and random restarts

Hi,

I'm not too tech savvy and recently I got a pc that someone else built and the guy that built it did a fresh install of windows 10 home before giving it to me. Since then it has encountered random bluescreens after booting up. At first I would get tons of random bluescreens after booting, almost every one being a different stop code. After multiple fresh installs of windows 10 home, updating bios, windows, every driver that I could find, and enabling xmp, most of the bluescreening has stopped. A few days ago I got 3 bluescreens but was only able to catch a couple stop codes: "system_service_exception," and "k mode exception not handled"

I've tried scanning/repairing my hard drive sfc scannow? and using the windows verifier tool for drivers but I'm not really even sure what it did other than increase my cpu usage. I've run memtest a few times which all came up 100% clear. I checked all my devices in device manager and none of the devices show any notification alerts except one that only shows up when I show hidden devices. lBtUSB_Filter_00 which has no hardware ID and says that it's currently not connected to my computer.

I also tried uninstalling and reinstalling my graphics drivers and since then my computer has been randomly restarting a few times. Most notably it would boot to desktop then immediately restart and after reaching the desktop it would be fine. It has restarted while idling a couple of times also. Through the event viewer, I saw that there were multiple critical errors "event 41, kernel-power." I checked all my windows power and startup settings and any automatic restart option that I could find was disabled and I looked and it seems like my psu connections and mobo are fine. Psu is under a year old.

someone mentioned that my ram and cpu are incompatible and this looked to be the case when checking asrock's list of compatible ram and using pcpartpicker's system builder. however someone else showed me that gskill's compatibility tool shows no compatibility issues between my ram cpu and mobo. I did order separate ram to test with but they have not arrived yet.

On a separate but perhaps related note, I am unable to play warzone without encountering multiple fatal errors. The only time I was able to play a game was when running it in safe mode.

Appreciate any help I can get! Please let me know if there's any more information I can provide.

specs
    cpu: ryzen 5 3600
    gpu: radeon rx 5700xt
    ram: gskill ripjaw v series 16gb 8x2 3200
    mobo: asrock x570 phantom gaming itx/tb3
    hard drive: wd blue sn550
    psu: corsair cx 550 watt 80 plus brownze certified modular psu cp-9020102-na
    case: nzxt h200

:)

Zeusface, Dec 19, 2020

2. random restarts

Hi,

If a Windows computer random restarts, the device usually have some damaged system components. For us to provide an accurate solution, we would need you to answer the following questions:

• Which build, version and edition of Windows is installed on your computer?
    • What changes have you made to the device before this issue occurred?
    • What troubleshooting steps was already performed to your laptop?

In the meantime, it will be best to make sure that the latest update of Windows is installed on your device. If the same issue happens after installing Windows Update, we suggest running the power troubleshooter. To do so, follow these steps:

• Open the Control Panel.
    • Using the search bar at the upper-right corner, type troubleshooting.
    • From the search results, click on Troubleshooting and then select System and Security.
    • Click on Power and then follow the prompts to successfully run the tool.

We are looking forward to your response.

Darleen Pen, Dec 19, 2020
  3. random restarts

Hi Lili,

Hardware failure or system instability can cause the computer to
    randomly restarts. As our initial troubleshooting step, we suggest you to run the Power troubleshooter on your computer and check if it fixes the issue. Here are the steps:

• Press Windows key.
    • Type Troubleshoot.
    • Under Find and fix other problems look for
      Power.
    • Then Run the troubleshooter.

Update us with the outcome and if you need further assistance.

Marilou Ser, Dec 19, 2020
  4. Arrakis9 Win User

Random restarts

when you start the computer up press F8 repeatedly until you get a list of how to start windows, choose do not automatically restart on system failure. if your getting bsod's list what your getting here so we can further help you. IF the system is not getting bsod's and still restarting as you say then i would look into getting a line conditioner for your computer as you might be having power issues.

Arrakis9, Dec 19, 2020
Thema:

1. Periodic bluescreens and random restarts - Similar Threads - Periodic bluescreens random

2. PC randomly restarting with a Watchdog error bluescreen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC randomly restarting with a Watchdog error bluescreen: So for the last few days I've been having my PC restart randomly into a bluescreen after all my monitors freeze during either gaming or watching youtube, it gives me a watchdog error on bluescreen on after rebooting, when I checked windows event I found this with multiple...
  3. PC randomly restarting with a Watchdog error bluescreen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC randomly restarting with a Watchdog error bluescreen: So for the last few days I've been having my PC restart randomly into a bluescreen after all my monitors freeze during either gaming or watching youtube, it gives me a watchdog error on bluescreen on after rebooting, when I checked windows event I found this with multiple...
  4. PC randomly restarting with a Watchdog error bluescreen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Random bluescreens

Random bluescreens: Hello, My computer keeps producing bluescreens every few hours or days since I bought it a few months ago. The messages are often different ones. I have uploaded the last three minidumps all happened today, normally it is not so often, MSInfo32 data and system...
  6. Random Bluescreens

Random Bluescreens: Hey, I was wondering if someone can help with the random blue-screens that have been haunting us for a long while.My girlfriends computer has been having blue screens everyday for a couple of months now and I could never figure out what its being caused byWe bought new ram to...
  7. random bluescreens

random bluescreens: New PC build - has been working fine for 6-8 weeks. Last week I had a bluescreen - froze on bluescreen and had to reset. Last two days I have had 3 bluescreens. Random cant work out what is triggering it. Latest did save a dump file. Not overclocking. Dump file and...
  8. Random BlueScreens

Random BlueScreens: Hey hey, my mom is receiving random BSOD and I am struggling to figure out why... The system is a completely new build and 1.5 weeks old, Blue Screens appear randomly during the system run so not during the start or during a specific action at least from what I can tell. My...
  9. Random Bluescreening

Random Bluescreening: Hi all, I have had this issue for some time now and I feel its time to resolve it. All I can see in the logs that relate just before the Bluescreen is a bugcheck event in Event Manager - The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x00000050...
  10. bluescreen on restart

bluescreen on restart: everytime I try to restart my computer I get a bluescreen does someone know how to fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bluescreen-on-restart/7627c75f-26cb-4207-8963-c539f0ae0257