Windows 10: Periodic BSOD and ctfmon.exe Error on Custom PC Windows 11

Discus and support Periodic BSOD and ctfmon.exe Error on Custom PC Windows 11 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello everyone,I've been experiencing an intermittent issue with my custom PC and need some help diagnosing the problem. Here's what's been... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Gursharan Jolly, May 23, 2024.

1. Periodic BSOD and ctfmon.exe Error on Custom PC Windows 11

Hello everyone,I've been experiencing an intermittent issue with my custom PC and need some help diagnosing the problem. Here's what's been happening:Symptoms:Occasionally, when booting from sleep, hibernation, or a complete shutdown, my computer encounters a Blue Screen of Death BSOD. from what I've noticed, it occurs way more often after boot from sleep/hibernationThe BSOD displays the stop code: "Critical process died".After the BSOD, the computer restarts normally, but upon logging into my Windows account, I receive the following system error: "ctfmon.exe, Exception Processing Message

:)

Gursharan Jolly, May 23, 2024
  2. Xylee Del Win User

ctfmon

Hello,

Ctfmon is the Microsoft process that controls Alternative User Input and the Office Language bar. It’s how you can control the computer via speech or a pen tablet, or using the onscreen keyboard inputs for asian languages. If you are using any of the mentioned
    tasks, you should leave it enabled. Since you've already tried removing it at the task manager, we suggest that you follow the steps below to disable ctfmon.exe:

• Open Settings by clicking the Windows icon.
    • At the Settings window, type in Administrative tools and select it.
    • At the Administrative tools window, click Services.
    • At the services window, look for Touch Keyboard and Handwriting panel service, set this to disabled and stop the service. This will disable the ability to use the onscreen keyboard.

Let us know the results.

Xylee Del, May 23, 2024
  3. Kursah Win User
    BSOD - Registry Error

Your BSOD code is 0X000000051

Here's the Google search I did for it: https://www.google.com/search?q=0x0...j5.399j0j7&sourceid=chrome&es_sm=122&ie=UTF-8

There is a hotfix available that might help, https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/810558

This thread makes a few good suggestions too: http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-hel...dows-7-pro-sp1-registry-error-0x00000051.html

+1 to listing your full system specs, OS version, etc. I did only look at your BSOD log file.

Run a Diskchk /R (I know you already ran one, so you can skip this)

Run SFC /SCANNOW

Report back.

Kursah, May 23, 2024
  4. Periodic BSOD and ctfmon.exe Error on Custom PC Windows 11

Recurring EventID 1000 ctfmon / kernelbase.dll error on startup

Trying to clear out remaining errors in the event viewer on my new system (had a couple BSOD related to the graphics driver which I believe are fixed now) - and trying to make sure there's nothing else broken, but I have this one error listed on every startup and can't find a way to get rid of it:

Faulting application name: ctfmon.exe, version: 10.0.18362.1, time stamp: 0x50d94f4d
    Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 10.0.18362.628, time stamp: 0xf96f12ee
    Exception code: 0xe06d7363
    Fault offset: 0x000000000003a839
    Faulting process ID: 0x1414
    Faulting application start time: 0x01d5eca182a4ccea
    Faulting application path: C:\Windows\system32\ctfmon.exe
    Faulting module path: C:\Windows\System32\KERNELBASE.dll
    Report ID: 4012c06e-417e-4bac-b096-8ee9d67557af
    Faulting package full name:
    Faulting package-relative application ID:

I know ctfmon is required with multilingual setups, but I haven't found anything that can fix this error. Since nothing appears broken and everything works as far as I can tell, I'm not sure what I'm looking for that causes this.

Ran SFC and DISM per suggestions I found elsewhere, and neither found issues with these files (according to their logs), but SFC did log several windows updates as broken.

Windows 10 Home, 10.0.18362.657

SteelRodent, May 23, 2024
Thema:

Periodic BSOD and ctfmon.exe Error on Custom PC Windows 11

1. Periodic BSOD and ctfmon.exe Error on Custom PC Windows 11 - Similar Threads - Periodic BSOD ctfmon

2. Periodic BSOD and ctfmon.exe Error on Custom PC Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Periodic BSOD and ctfmon.exe Error on Custom PC Windows 11: Hello everyone,I've been experiencing an intermittent issue with my custom PC and need some help diagnosing the problem. Here's what's been happening:Symptoms:Occasionally, when booting from sleep, hibernation, or a complete shutdown, my computer encounters a Blue Screen of...
  3. How do I fix ctfmon exe - Bad Image?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How do I fix ctfmon exe - Bad Image?: I just opened my laptop and this thing pop out and it says ctfmon.exe - Bad ImageC:\Windows\system32\InputService.dll is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error. Try installing the program again using the original installation media or contact your...
  4. BSOD periodically

BSOD periodically: So in the past 2 months there has been an increased number of BSOD on my machine and i can't quite point out the reason. I would love some help in the matter to finally fix this since it's infuriating to bsod in the middle of an important call, or almost every day. As for the...
  5. BSOD periodically

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD periodically: So in the past 2 months there has been an increased number of BSOD on my machine and i can't quite point out the reason. I would love some help in the matter to finally fix this since it's infuriating to bsod in the middle of an important call, or almost every day. As for the...
  6. BSOD periodically

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Periodic BSODs with different error codes

Periodic BSODs with different error codes: Hello! I'm getting periodic BSODs on my Lenovo Legion y530. I don't see any connections with my actions and I've already tried to isolate the issue. The things I did: 1. memtest'ed RAM 8+ times, no failures. 2. Replaced RAM 3. Reinstalled Windows 10 4. Run Driver...
  8. Periodic BSOD with kernel_data_inpage error

Periodic BSOD with kernel_data_inpage error: Here are my minidumps. https://1drv.ms/u/s!AvV603ywPTGaao_Vkktj6sjZKzU?e=wYRJDB I've done nothing so far that would be concrete to fix this because i don't know how to approach the problem, or what works in full. The crashes started periodically on December 2020 and has...
  9. Custom PC with Windows 10 bsod

Custom PC with Windows 10 bsod: Hi, I was just wondering if there is any solution to fixing an issue that happened 2 days ago. My pc suddenly just started getting the blue screen of death, and I have no idea why. It worked perfectly fine up until then, and it usually says that the system service exception...
  10. Custom built Desktop pc running into bsod errors.

Custom built Desktop pc running into bsod errors.: Hi I have built this desktop personal computer around a couple months ago and I have been running into blue screen of death errors, I am getting the error code "Irql_not_less_or_equal" or something like that, I also have received "KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE" before but...