Windows 10: Periodic disconnect from Internet on one laptop, other laptop still connects

Discus and support Periodic disconnect from Internet on one laptop, other laptop still connects in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My wife and I have an Internet issue that has been going on for quite some time. My wife's laptop loses Internet connection two or three times every... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Frost King, Apr 15, 2021.

1. Periodic disconnect from Internet on one laptop, other laptop still connects

My wife and I have an Internet issue that has been going on for quite some time. My wife's laptop loses Internet connection two or three times every single day. Nearly always, this issue is rectified by rebooting. During her disconnect period I am still connected. Her laptop can only use the 2.4 GHz network and I use the 5 GHz network on my laptop this reminds me: Is it possible to rectify her laptop to enable her to utilize the 5 GHz network or would she need to purchase another laptop?.

Her laptop came with Windows 8 and was upgraded to Windows 10 Home via the free Internet upgrade. My laptop came with Windows 7 and was also upgraded to Windows 10 Home via the free Internet upgrade.

We both have the latest Windows 10 version 20H2. Her Wireless Network Adapter is Qualcomm Atheros AR956x Version: 10.0.3.458. My Wireless Network Adapter is Qualcomm Atheros QCA9377 Wireless Network Adapter Version: 12.0.0.722. Question: When I check for an update to her Network Adapter, a Windows message states that the best adapter for her system is installed. However, online research found a later version 10.0.3.462 to her Adapter, from an independent supplier DeviceInBox.com. Is it a good idea to install the later version or is it a good idea to install the same Wireless Network Adapter that I have on my laptop?

We are connected via a D-Link router and the router is connected to our ISP Modem.

What do you recommend to fix her Internet connection issue?

Thank you for your time and effort.

Steen

:)

Frost King, Apr 15, 2021
  2. Dent1 Win User

Wireless connection for my laptop disconnects

Are you 100% sure its the signal that is dropping.

Sometimes the router's signal can be connected but the internet drops because of other factors like the modem. Coincidentally, about 10mins ago my internet connection hung but the wireless signal was still connected and strong. I had to reset the modem to fix it.

I think I might need a new modem soon.

Dent1, Apr 15, 2021
  3. akhlaq768 Win User
    Connecting Laptop to the Internet, No connection

I thought of that the other day... enter the same detail into the laptop... but no luck mate...

this laptop was connected to the internet via the wireless router... but the router died on me.. now im using the cable...

akhlaq768, Apr 15, 2021
  4. Periodic disconnect from Internet on one laptop, other laptop still connects

Wireless connection for my laptop disconnects

Yeah well Im saying its either the router or my laptop

edit: the weird thing is it never disconnects on my Mac OS X, but when I switch it to Windows 7 it keeps dropping

-1nf1n1ty-, Apr 15, 2021
Thema:

Periodic disconnect from Internet on one laptop, other laptop still connects

1. Periodic disconnect from Internet on one laptop, other laptop still connects - Similar Threads - Periodic disconnect Internet

2. New laptop disconnects other devices when connected to wifi and disconnects my internet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New laptop disconnects other devices when connected to wifi and disconnects my internet: I just got a new laptop but everytime I connect to my wifi network the internet goes ridiculously slow and my other devices get disconnected and are not able to use the internet. I will then disconnect the wifi on the laptop and the internet will go back to normal and the...
  3. New laptop disconnects other devices when connected to wifi and disconnects my internet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New laptop disconnects other devices when connected to wifi and disconnects my internet: I just got a new laptop but everytime I connect to my wifi network the internet goes ridiculously slow and my other devices get disconnected and are not able to use the internet. I will then disconnect the wifi on the laptop and the internet will go back to normal and the...
  4. Laptop keeps disconnecting from Internet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop keeps disconnecting from Internet: My hp laptop keeps connecting and disconnecting from my home internet. I use my laptop at school and it never disconnects but when i am home it keeps disconnecting. I have tried restarting my adapter, i have Uninstalled the old one and installed a newer version but it is...
  5. Laptop keeps disconnecting from Internet

Laptop keeps disconnecting from Internet: My hp laptop keeps connecting and disconnecting from my home internet. I use my laptop at school and it never disconnects but when i am home it keeps disconnecting. I have tried restarting my adapter, i have Uninstalled the old one and installed a newer version but it is...
  6. My laptop says that the internet is disconnected but it is connected.

My laptop says that the internet is disconnected but it is connected.: Hello, My laptop is on Windows 11. For some reason, it says that my internet is disconnected, but I have full access to the internet. But if I am trying to access some app on my laptop it shows up with messages that I am offline or that I don't have internet. Please help....
  7. Laptop disconnects from the internet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Laptop disconnects from the internet: Recently my laptop has been having an issue, where everytime I startup my laptop, or wake it up from sleep mode, it automatically disconnects itself from the internet and I cannot find any way t...
  8. Laptop looses connection to other network computers internet still working

Laptop looses connection to other network computers internet still working: My Thinkpad T590 is connected via Wifi to an Access Point, that has Internet connection and manages a local private network. When my laptop is connected with an ethernet cable to the AP I can see all network computers and network drives are working fine. However if I...
  9. Connected to WiFi, disconnected from internet - Laptop Only

Connected to WiFi, disconnected from internet - Laptop Only: Hi, Frequently, my laptop will be connected to the WiFi, however, the connection to the internet will drop. My laptop will show as being connected to the WiFi but will say "Connected, No Internet", my phone will remain connected to the WiFi and the internet will work...
  10. Laptops show media disconnected and one will not connect to internet

Laptops show media disconnected and one will not connect to internet: Our Dell Inspiron 15 5000 series is unable to connect to the internet. The troubleshooter first showed ""Wi-Fi" doesn't have a valid IP Configuration". When I ran "ipconfig /all, the results showed all media disconnected. When I ran the troubleshooter again, it showed both...