Windows 10: periodic DNS sever problems

Discus and support periodic DNS sever problems in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I can fix DNS problems with the FLUSHDNS command and IPCONFIG release and renew. But the fix is only temporary. 1.What causes the problem to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by malcolmweston, May 27, 2020.

1. periodic DNS sever problems

I can fix DNS problems with the FLUSHDNS command and IPCONFIG release and renew. But the fix is only temporary.

1.What causes the problem to re-occur?

2. If I connect by cat5 cable, will the issue go away?

Thanks

Malcolm

:)

malcolmweston, May 27, 2020

2. DNS problems with router

A couple suggestions I have for you:

Update the firmware on the router. Maybe it's getting into a badstate, and a firmware update might fix it. Or if you're comfortable with it, install a custom firmware like dd-wrt. Just make sure its supported on your router first.

Change your DNS to: 8.8.8.8, 4.2.2.1. Might help.

If none of these work, maybe statically set your DNS on your PS3/PC to the IPs you listed, taking the router out of the lookup procedure.

Last option, is look for a new router.

Hybrid_theory, May 27, 2020
  3. DNS server causing problem

Hi Andrea,

DNS is a server that translates websites' addresses so that browsers can connect to them. If the addresses become outdated or the server has issues, problems and DNS errors occur. For us to provide an accurate solution, we would need you to answer the following
    questions:

• Which build, version and edition of Windows is installed on your computer?
    • What changes have you made to your device before this issue occurred?
    • Are you experiencing the same issue regardless if you are trying to be connected to a wired or wireless connection?

For initial troubleshooting, we suggest deleting the DNS cache. This can refresh the DNS files and settings on your PC. Follow these steps to delete the DNS cache:

• Using Search type Command Prompt.
    • Form the search results, right click on Command Prompt (Desktop app) and then choose Run as administrator.
    • In the Command Prompt window, type ipconfig /flushdns and then hit the Enter key.
    • Once done, restart your computer and then check if the same issue persists.

We are looking forward to your response.

Darleen Pen, May 27, 2020
  4. periodic DNS sever problems

DNS Servers

So far, it seems like I got it fixed. I disabled Advanced DNS Service and DNS Relay. I put in the two DNS server IPs I listed above into the internet configuration and rebooted it.

FordGT90Concept, May 27, 2020
Thema:

periodic DNS sever problems

1. periodic DNS sever problems - Similar Threads - periodic DNS sever

2. DNS problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DNS problem: hello, i can't install VSCode, it says wrong dns. How to fix it, please help me!there is DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dns-problem/41826b00-3330-45b8-89b9-8afa959824e0
  3. DNS problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DNS problem: hello, i can't install VSCode, it says wrong dns. How to fix it, please help me!there is DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dns-problem/41826b00-3330-45b8-89b9-8afa959824e0
  4. DNS problems occasinally?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DNS problems occasinally?: Hello, I recently moved to a house with some friends of mine, i am having problems with their wifi, a few times a day from 1 to 10 internet randomly stops working initially telling me that's a DNS problem, and after a while it just says there's no internet connection. It...
  5. DNS problems occasinally?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    DNS problems occasinally?: Hello, I recently moved to a house with some friends of mine, i am having problems with their wifi, a few times a day from 1 to 10 internet randomly stops working initially telling me that's a DNS problem, and after a while it just says there's no internet connection. It...
  6. Windows DNS Problems

Windows DNS Problems: Hello All,I am setting up a file server for a small business. It needs to be accessible remotely as well as on site. I have purchased the domain name and set that up for remote access. I have also set up on the same box a DNS server so that when computers are on the local...
  7. Problem with DNS

Problem with DNS: Hi, I have a big problem with my wifi,with my laptop and with thr others devices that are connected to my wifi router.I don't have acces to the internet in my whole house,and this is very frustrating.I figured out that the problem is with the DNS,which is allways changing...
  8. DNS Cloudflare problem

DNS Cloudflare problem: I have a url that I'm using cloudflare for to provide ssl: rachel-lumsden.net as can be seen here: http://leafdns.com/index.cgi?testid=6588082E If I run nslookup from a cmd windows on my Windows10 laptop then it comes back with the ip address of the host server. If I run the...
  9. Dns Problem

Dns Problem: I change dns server but website still blocked https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dns-problem/2ebeb61a-ad55-4851-bd5e-54b134d9673d
  10. DNS problem

DNS problem: Is this a bug or Windows 10 does not allow changing the DNS ?? [img] 5535