Windows 10: Periodic slowness on Windows 10 - Weird issue with the photo viewer.

Discus and support Periodic slowness on Windows 10 - Weird issue with the photo viewer. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hey everyone, Windows 10 PC, 32GB of memory, i5-6600k. Seemingly at random, I encounter significant slowness. Screen stops updating, keyboard input... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Vinnyb1322, Sep 18, 2020.

1. Periodic slowness on Windows 10 - Weird issue with the photo viewer.

Hey everyone,

Windows 10 PC, 32GB of memory, i5-6600k. Seemingly at random, I encounter significant slowness. Screen stops updating, keyboard input pauses. After a few seconds it catches up, every button I pressed goes through, and the screen updates.

I can't see anything running in the background that could be causing this. It's happening both when I play games and when I'm working, which basically just involves emails and PowerPoint.

Turns out, it's my wallpaper slideshow. Whenever the screen changes, the slowdown happens. The native photo viewer works about 30% of the time. Other times it hangs and doesn't open at all. Is this a known issue? How do I go about fixing a native program?

submitted by /u/Vinnyb1322
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Vinnyb1322, Sep 18, 2020
  2. RC2100-2 Win User

Windows 10 Photo Viewer - SLOW - SLOW - SLOW

My Windows 10 (and Windows Photo Viewer) was running fine for the past 10 months until the late Sept 2016 updates. Then "poof" - welcome to SLOW, SLOW Photo Viewer. Thanks Windows 10 update. Several people have suggested fixes in the registry under:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows Photo Viewer\Viewer

or

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows Live\ Photo Viewer\Viewer

The problem is that I have NO folder named "Windows Photo Viewer" or "Windows Live" or their sub-folders. So I have to assume that the Windows 10 update wiped them out.

So I can tinker with the registry (risky) or find another default photo viewer. Or maybe it is time to become an Apple user.

RC2100-2, Sep 18, 2020
  3. Clark Ari Win User
    photo viewer

Hi,

There are several reasons why this issue occurs, such as corrupted system file or your graphic driver needs to be updated. To isolate your issues about viewing photos in
    Windows Photo Viewer, we just have a few questions:

• Is the issue the same with a different image file format?
    • Have you tried using the Photo app to check if the issue is the same?
    • Is the issue only occurs with the photos that were captured using your DSLR camera?
    • Have you tried downloading photos online and check if the issue is the same?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, to troubleshoot your issue in using the Windows Photo Viewer, we suggest that you run the Windows apps troubleshooter. To do so, click on this
    link. If the issue still persists, we recommend that you update your graphic driver. To do this, we suggest that you follow the steps provided on this
    link.

Please post back with the result for further assistance.

Clark Ari, Sep 18, 2020
  4. iko22 Win User

Periodic slowness on Windows 10 - Weird issue with the photo viewer.

How to get rid of raw file support in windows photo viewer?

Periodic slowness on Windows 10 - Weird issue with the photo viewer. [​IMG]

I have downloaded this, and it did not work; photo viewer is not in the list of programs in Open With or Default App. I used option 2 step 3, followed by step 5 to 9.

iko22, Sep 18, 2020
Thema:

Periodic slowness on Windows 10 - Weird issue with the photo viewer.

1. Periodic slowness on Windows 10 - Weird issue with the photo viewer. - Similar Threads - Periodic slowness Weird

2. Photo Viewer "Save As' Issue

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Photo Viewer "Save As' Issue: I use the photo viewer and editor app in Windows 10. I often edit a photo and use the "save as" feature to create a new photo while saving the original. On one of my computers, when I use this feature after I crop, a new version is created automatically with a 2 addition to...
  3. Photo Viewer "Save As' Issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Photo Viewer "Save As' Issue: I use the photo viewer and editor app in Windows 10. I often edit a photo and use the "save as" feature to create a new photo while saving the original. On one of my computers, when I use this feature after I crop, a new version is created automatically with a 2 addition to...
  4. Issue with Windows Photo Viewer?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Issue with Windows Photo Viewer?: Hey! So I've been using Windows Photo Viewer for my job for years now to view and print TIFF files. Out of nowhere today, suddenly printing from Windows Photo Viewer only prints part of a document (either just the left side, sometime the right side, sometimes both). I know...
  5. Photo Viewer Cycling Issue

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Photo Viewer Cycling Issue: in windows 10 when I using photo viewer, showing pictures are fine but when I reach the last photo, it's not getting back to the first picture and stuck at last one. there is no such an option to change it....
  6. Windows 10 photo viewer slowing down

Windows 10 photo viewer slowing down: Hello A while ago i downloaded IrfanView and since then the default windows photo viewer takes a very long time to open my pictures and even if it does open, it will open with a white screen which means nothing will happen or it will open with black which means it will take...
  7. Windows 10 photo viewer slowing down

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 photo viewer slowing down: Hello A while ago i downloaded IrfanView and since then the default windows photo viewer takes a very long time to open my pictures and even if it does open, it will open with a white screen which means nothing will happen or it will open with black which means it will take...
  8. Windows Photo Viewer is insanely slow

Windows Photo Viewer is insanely slow: So ever since I got windows 10 the Windows Photo Viewer is insanely slow in opening images. Takes literally like 3-4 seconds til it opens when on Windows7 it used to be instant. Anyone know how to fix this? 21632
  9. Zoom settings behave weirdly on Windows 10 default photo viewer.

in Windows 10 Support
    Zoom settings behave weirdly on Windows 10 default photo viewer.: The photo viewing program in Windows 10 automatically slightly resizes the photo it's displaying according to the window size. And by slightly, I mean slightly. This doesn't matter with things like a photo of r house or family, but it makes a difference with screenshots. What...
  10. Sorting issues + Windows Photo Viewer

in Windows 10 Support
    Sorting issues + Windows Photo Viewer: Hi, I usually have both .jpg and .nef files on my SD cards when reading them into the pc. In win8, I could setup the folder to be sorted by file type, and then browse the .jpg files to check focus/colors. Now, when I group the folder into .jpg and .nef files and check the...