Periodic system crashes (mulitple times daily) [KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED, ntoskrnl.exe]

Discus and support Periodic system crashes (mulitple times daily) [KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED, ntoskrnl.exe] in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, As of a week ago, my system has been suffering from repeated crashes related to ntoskrnl.exe. I can't make sense of the minidumps to find the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by HumzaShahid, Jul 12, 2018.

1. HumzaShahid Win User

Periodic system crashes (mulitple times daily) [KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED, ntoskrnl.exe]

Hello,

As of a week ago, my system has been suffering from repeated crashes related to ntoskrnl.exe. I can't make sense of the minidumps to find the offending software/driver, but the only thing which I'd changed from when the system was stable until now is adding a second monitor via displayport. I've since unplugged it but the crashes are still frequent. My system does not seem to save more than 1-2 crash logs but I have had at least one new one every day.

Below is the crash information and a link to the mini dump. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

crash dump link: https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ar_arEHvHrCD9iuxg049c4RQp7oJ

==================================================
    Dump File : 071218-12421-01.dmp
    Crash Time : 7/12/2018 4:51:03 AM
    Bug Check String : KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED
    Bug Check Code : 0x0000001e
    Parameter 1 : ffffffff`c0000005
    Parameter 2 : 00000000`00000000
    Parameter 3 : 00000000`00000008
    Parameter 4 : 00000000`00000000
    Caused By Driver : ntoskrnl.exe
    Caused By Address : ntoskrnl.exe+175570
    File Description :
    Product Name :
    Company :
    File Version :
    Processor : x64
    Crash Address : ntoskrnl.exe+175570
    Stack Address 1 :
    Stack Address 2 :
    Stack Address 3 :
    Computer Name :
    Full Path : C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\071218-12421-01.dmp
    Processors Count : 8
    Major Version : 15
    Minor Version : 16299
    Dump File Size : 1,856,060
    Dump File Time : 7/12/2018 4:53:45 AM
    ==================================================

:)

HumzaShahid, Jul 12, 2018
  2. peach1971 Win User

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Jul 12, 2018
  3. Pavan_N Win User
    Windows 10 KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED blue screen, happens daily.

Hi,

The KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED bug check has a value of 0x0000001E. This indicates that a kernel-mode program generated an exception which the error handler did not catch.

I suggest you to refer the link suggested by
    Andre Da Costa
    which is marked as answered and follow the steps suggested. Do let us know if you still get Blue screen error. Thank you.

Pavan_N, Jul 12, 2018
  4. Easy Rhino Win User

all games crash!

ive watch my temps and both the cpu and gpu are within normal ranges. when it freezes it simply freezes the image and stops the sound. i must reboot to get back to windows.

Easy Rhino, Jul 12, 2018
Thema:

1. Periodic system crashes (mulitple times daily) [KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED, ntoskrnl.exe] - Similar Threads - Periodic system crashes

2. Change comma to period as default decimal separator

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change comma to period as default decimal separator: This should be simple. I want Windows 10 to treat my numpad decimal separator as a period, instead of comma (danish default). I have changed it under number formats in control panel, but it has no effect on the system whatsoever. I have rebooted the system. Still does not...
  3. RS4,system version 17134.After the first OOBE into the system,wait for a period of...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    RS4,system version 17134.After the first OOBE into the system,wait for a period of...: The problem is opened a case, analysis is normal, but lenovo still want to prove it at MS official forum. As you can see from the following analysis, the reason is that the app deployment service has been started before the user is logged in and has the request and creation...
  4. RS4,system version 17134.After the first OOBE into the system,wait for a period of...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    RS4,system version 17134.After the first OOBE into the system,wait for a period of...: The problem is opened a case, analysis is normal, but lenovo still want to prove it at MS official forum. As you can see from the following analysis, the reason is that the app deployment service has been started before the user is logged in and has the request and creation...
  5. Random periodic blocked xbox pc app server connectivity and/or packet loss

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random periodic blocked xbox pc app server connectivity and/or packet loss: Since March I have been playing Sea of Thieves with no connection issues at all. About 2 days ago I started getting random packet loss of between 25-30% and sometimes "blocked" indication for xbox multiplayer server connectivity. I went through all the steps in the post...
  6. BSOD after 5 minutes of idle period

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD after 5 minutes of idle period: I run it with Driver verifier... Here is the minidump file https://1drv.ms/u/s!AsmlV167rgkYgpx4LdY0oEBs0DGQ9Q NFO file: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AsmlV167rgkYgpxxbT_NgPU-ISncKg And some previous dumps. https://1drv.ms/f/s!AsmlV167rgkYgpx5OAww_hlaaw2G7A It is a brand...
  7. How to remove en.softonic malware that appears on desktop periodically

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to remove en.softonic malware that appears on desktop periodically: A kind of malware has somehow gotten onto my win 10 PC. What I get is a small advertisment that pops up in the bottom right on my desktop... When I turn it off (clicking the corner X). It comes back again some time later but with different content. I haven't timed it but...
  8. System Freeze after a random period of inactivity (supposedly)

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    System Freeze after a random period of inactivity (supposedly): Hi all, I didn't know where to put this thread, but because it has to do with system performance, I thought this might be the best place to post my issues with Win 10. Let me get straight to the point: Up-to-date Windows 10 install (ver 1511 OS Build 10586.36) I haven't...
  9. Windows 10 Search/Cortana always stop working after period of time

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Search/Cortana always stop working after period of time: Hi, I have windows 10 x64 1709 16299.334 . with Amd TR4 1950x . Everytime I put my computer on Lock Windows button + L for a period of time like hours , and I come back trying to open the Search it doesn't open . when trying to open the Start Menu it takes like 2 sec...
  10. periodic Non- System disk error when computer wakes from sleep mode

in Windows 10 Support
    periodic Non- System disk error when computer wakes from sleep mode: I recently installed windows 10 on my HP z210. Everything seems to work after some driver updates, but occasionally when I have put the computer in sleep mode, I return to see it awake displaying the "non-system disk error" screen. It wont go past this, but when I power off...