Windows 10: Periodical error message while restarting

Discus and support Periodical error message while restarting in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Yes yes indeed! When restarting this laptop & while the Microsoft wheel spins before the screen goes black and the reboot begins, I get this error... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Maggidon, Sep 27, 2020.

1. Maggidon Win User

Periodical error message while restarting

Yes yes indeed! When restarting this laptop & while the Microsoft wheel spins before the screen goes black and the reboot begins, I get this error message. But of course, before I can read it, it disappears.
    Going to the Event Viewer, I see the odd error message in the System Logs so I clear them to start anew. This error message only pops up on every third of fourth reboot so its sporadic.
    So I've restarted several times and finally after seeing the error message again, I went to Event Viewer. The only thing I can see for the errors are two.
    One is: "A fatal error occurred while creating TLS Client Credential. The Internal error state is 10013.
    The second is: "The mutual authentication between the Bluetooth Adapter and a device with Bluetooth Adapter address (20:32:6c:cb:bb:83) failed.

Has anyone an idea as to what this is all about and how I can get rid of this annoying (and aggravating too) error message on Restart, even though it's periodical.

:)

Maggidon, Sep 27, 2020
  2. jimhoyle Win User

How to troubleshoot an error that appears only at Restart or Sign out?

I get an error pop-up error message not every, but almost every time I Restart or Sign out. It's the screen with blue background and on top of Restart or Sign out text an error window says:

Explorer.exe - Application error. The instruction at 0x000… referenced memory at 0x000... The memory could not be written.

Sometimes the error code is just zeros, sometimes random numbers. I have tried so much already to troubleshoot this. For example these did not help in any way:
    • MemTest86+ (no problems)
    • Disabling any Services, Autoruns/ShellExView entries
    • Low resolution mode
    • BIOS settings are fine, no overclocking etc.
    • DISM.exe and sfc
    • etc.

However, these do make the error go away:
    • End process for explorer.exe before Restart or Sign out
    • Safe Mode
    • Creating a new user profile (almost the same as clean installing Windows, many full days of work)
    • Uninstalling NVIDIA graphics driver (then the card is unusable, of course)
    • Disabling Device Manager / Display Adapters / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080

I already contacted NVIDIA and the graphics driver is not the culprit. Something has gone wrong with the user profile as the same driver works just fine in a new profile (and there's nothing wrong with the driver anyway, it's just the Restart or Sign out process that has a problem).

What can I do to fix this? One useful thing would be to have a step-by-step procedure for the Sign out. So that it'd ask before continuing to the next step and list what it's doing. Or if I could just disable whatever it does when the error appears.

jimhoyle, Sep 27, 2020
  3. Windows Update Error Message 0x80070543

Ya Ya Ya, there's over a hundred threads like this, ...

Anyway, started getting this error message a few days ago, and done a lot of searching on this error message, apparently it's not, uncommon.

In particular, the (currently) 4 updates that are being affected are:
    • Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 (KB3173428) - Error 0x80070543
    • Security Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 (KB3172729) - Error 0x80070543
    • Security Update for Adobe Flash Player for Windows 10 Version 1511 (KB3174060) - Error 0x80070543
    • Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 (KB3176493) - Error 0x80070543

The actions I've taken to date are:
    1. Uninstalled firewall program (comodo)
    2. Uninstalled anti-virus (Avast)
    3. Reset the windows update catalog on local machine.

So the above errors are with the above done.

What other steps should I be taking to resolve the issue?

Below is notations for when I actually add to this thread.

1. Attempted to use the troubleshooter, no dice.

cDreamDancer, Sep 27, 2020
  4. Mussels Win User

the witcher demo

^ what they said will both work. i suggest updating directX, and in the future please try and list the exact error message... and i want a muffin.

Mussels, Sep 27, 2020
Thema:

1. Periodical error message while restarting - Similar Threads - Periodical error message

2. Error message and restart

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Error message and restart: My Laptop ceaps shuting down.While i play LoL my laptop just freezes for a sec then i get : ( this saying "Windows had run in to a problem while running.We are gathering some info and will restart once done. Can anyone help i have malwerebyets and has scanned for virus but...
  3. Periodic bluescreens and random restarts

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Periodic bluescreens and random restarts: Hi, I'm not too tech savvy and recently I got a pc that someone else built and the guy that built it did a fresh install of windows 10 home before giving it to me. Since then it has encountered random bluescreens after booting up. At first I would get tons of random...
  4. W10 restarting no BSOD or error message

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    W10 restarting no BSOD or error message: Hello, I have had an issue crop up in the last week where my computer restarts without any warning or blue screen. What can I do to figure out the source of this issue? Thanks, cb...
  5. RESTART MESSAGE

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    RESTART MESSAGE: Hi, I have recently have been getting this message "Your computer needs to be restarted to finish setting up device: RapidSolution SCSI Adapter" every time I boot up. I have used the troubleshooter but it didn't find any problems. I have also googled the issue with no...
  6. Error message while installing Windows.

Error message while installing Windows.: "The computer restarted unexpectedly or encountered an unexpected error. Windows installation cannot proceed. To install Windows, click "OK" to restart the computer, and then restart the installation." Appears after i install Windows. The error appears while at the boot logo,...
  7. Error Message while trying to log in

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Error Message while trying to log in: I tried to access a website and the following message appeared: Your connection is not private...Attackers might be trying to steal your information from (name of link) for example passwords, messages, or credit cards. NET::ERR_CERT_DATE_INVALID How can I correct...
  8. Error message restart loop

Error message restart loop: So i was trying to restart my windows 10 acer laptop and it keeps showing the “your pc has run into a problem and needs to restart. We’re collecting some error info then restart it for you” it’s been doing this for over an hour. If anyone knows what to do please send a reply...
  9. Fatal Error message while swtiching on

in Windows 10 Customization
    Fatal Error message while swtiching on: Hi I am using Windows10 and nowadays getting FATAL ERROR message while booting the system ie. when I switch on the system [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fatal-error-message-while-swtiching-on/778bc512-420f-4b38-a9e2-c8389d696780
  10. Error Message on restarting PC

in Windows 10 Support
    Error Message on restarting PC: I formatted and installed 10041 yesterday and I'm getting this error when I tell the PC to restart. Windows seems to be functioning properly and its probably just a quirk of the development which should just disappear in final build. 4997