Windows 10: Periodically cannot click on anything

Discus and support Periodically cannot click on anything in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Im at a loss as to what could be causing this. it happens quite often that i just cannot click anything, its like all windows go to the background and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by TreyKeating, May 3, 2021.

1. Periodically cannot click on anything

Im at a loss as to what could be causing this. it happens quite often that i just cannot click anything, its like all windows go to the background and i cannot refocus on them.The only way to fix it is to press Winkey + L and log back in, which will only solve the problem for a few minutes.I would greatly appreciate any help

:)

TreyKeating, May 3, 2021
  2. Steve C Win User

Need Serious Help: How To Record Video of What is Done on my PC?

I suggest the following simple steps:

1. Set the autosave options in MS Office to a low value say 5 minutes.
    2. Setup file history to autosave frequently - the shortest period is 5 mins
    3. Install Macrium Reflect Free and configure it to do a daily incremental system backup

You should be well covered if you do the above to protect your key files.

Steve C, May 3, 2021
  3. Feathers Win User
    Change log off period

Hi all, I've tried to look through the list of all the tutorials and I've used Google too, to find out how to extend the inactivity period before I get logged out. But all the suggestions talk about screen icons that I don't seem to have.
    My computer is six weeks old and I'm using Windows 10. Can someone please advise? Thank You.

Feathers, May 3, 2021
  4. rtwjunkie Win User

Periodically cannot click on anything

geforce experience takes an age to load..

Well that's why I asked. Mine is on SSD and takes 11 seconds. Your list of games will not appear if it has not checkd for updated suggested settings for awhile until it checks.

When it says it is refreshing the game list, it is checking, because NVIDIA periodically updates suggested settings. Plus it will look for those for new games you have installed.

So, the less it is run, the slower it will be.

rtwjunkie, May 3, 2021
Thema:

Periodically cannot click on anything

1. Periodically cannot click on anything - Similar Threads - Periodically cannot click

2. I cannot click anything

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cannot click anything: I turned on click lock, and I can’t click anything https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cannot-click-anything/1ad7ec25-9723-480b-9e7a-e1f0944e0af0
  3. I cannot click anything

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I cannot click anything: I turned on click lock, and I can’t click anything https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cannot-click-anything/1ad7ec25-9723-480b-9e7a-e1f0944e0af0
  4. Windows Cannot Click and Open Anything

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Cannot Click and Open Anything: Hi, can someone please help me?I just update my Windows. After turn it on, I cannot click or open anything, also press the short cut button like volume or brigthness sometime it works very slow. I tried several steps on internet, but it all need me to open task manager or...
  5. Can't click anything

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't click anything: can't click my start button or the search button next to it. the windows store and internet explorer dont open. Any fixes? submitted by /u/195iQDion [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fknct3/cant_click_anything/
  6. Cannot click on anything except icons on the desktop

Cannot click on anything except icons on the desktop: Hello community. Lately I am encountering this weird bug thanks to which I cannot click on anything that is not desktop. I can launch programs via their shortcuts but when I click on their working window the computer bypasses them and clicks on the desktop instead, graying...
  7. Settings Menus Will Not Respond, Cannot Click Anything

in Windows 10 Customization
    Settings Menus Will Not Respond, Cannot Click Anything: I just updated from Windows 7, and I wanted to change my desktop picture. I clicked on "Personalize" and this menu showed up: [ATTACH] It was stuck like this. I could not click on any of the buttons on the side or anything. I tried going to my Settings from the start menu...
  8. Can't click on anything

Can't click on anything: Randomly, I am not able to click on anything. I can move mouse just fine, but can't click on any task buttons. They don't even highlight when I hover over them. I am able to click on apps on the desktop though (the shortcuts). If I restart 4 times, smetimes the problem goes...
  9. Cannot click and drag anything

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cannot click and drag anything: I cannot click and drag anything. I cannot select multiple items, such as text or icons. I cannot move windows on the screen. I have checked my settings, installed the specific driver for my mouse, and have even done a full reinstall of Windows. The problem still persists....
  10. Cannot click on anything on the right side of my screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cannot click on anything on the right side of my screen: Starting today I can't click on anything on the far right side of my screen - I have to drag all windows out in the middle of the screen to be able to use the scroll function, click on links, close them etc. It's the same problem no matter if I open different browsers or...