Windows 10: periods. after. words. problem

Discus and support periods. after. words. problem in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; why. is. this. putting. periods. after. every. word?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by L. M.1, Jul 10, 2020.

1. L. M.1 Win User

periods. after. words. problem

why. is. this. putting. periods. after. every. word?

:)

L. M.1, Jul 10, 2020
  2. wilhelm45 Win User

Having periodic PC startup problems

Was not able to reply sooner because my periodic problem decided not to appear for a while. I tried your suggestion of holding down the power button 4-5 seconds and it worked. Problem is that this method did not cure my original problem, of course, but it did lessen the steps I have to take to get the computer to work properly. I am still hoping someone will have a solution other than wiping it clean then starting over again.

wilhelm45, Jul 10, 2020
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    three word suggestions

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you want to disable word suggestions when you type any word. I’ll certainly help you with the steps.

To disable text suggestions, I would suggest you to refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows Logo key + I, to open
      Settings.
    2. Click on Devices, and click on
      Typing
      on the left pane.
    3. Now, under Typing toggle the switch to off for
      Show text suggestions as I type on the software keyboard.
    4. Under Hardware keyboard, toggle the switch to on for
      Show text suggestions as I type.

Let us know if you need any further assistance, we will be glad to help you further.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Jul 10, 2020
  4. dalchina Win User

Windows 10 1709 System Restore problems...

That seems to be an attempt at Option 2 in the tutorial, which requires you to
    a. Boot to a command prompt (Did you?)
    b. You then seem to be mixing steps 3,4 and 5, thus your command is incorrect.

I suggest Option 1 is easier.

If you still have problems, please repost listing each specific step and saying which option from the tutorial you are using. Thanks.

dalchina, Jul 10, 2020
Thema:

1. periods. after. words. problem - Similar Threads - periods words problem

2. Word program problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Word program problem: I have formatted Word files for print edition books for over 14 years, but am struggling with what I believe is a Word program issue. I make a change in the file I'm currently working on, save it, but when I go back to do more formatting, the file has a few changes that I...
  3. Word program problem

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Word program problem: I have formatted Word files for print edition books for over 14 years, but am struggling with what I believe is a Word program issue. I make a change in the file I'm currently working on, save it, but when I go back to do more formatting, the file has a few changes that I...
  4. Problems in word

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problems in word: So you see that line there with the black dots? Well it randomly appeared and I can't do anything to remove it. I also have no idea what its called. Please help. [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/problems-in-word/4a18b0d9-0c2b-4b70-98f5-9d94046ce596
  5. periodic DNS sever problems

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    periodic DNS sever problems: I can fix DNS problems with the FLUSHDNS command and IPCONFIG release and renew. But the fix is only temporary. 1.What causes the problem to re-occur? 2. If I connect by cat5 cable, will the issue go away? Thanks Malcolm...
  6. Computer will not resume after a period.

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer will not resume after a period.: When I leave my computer on it can take 20 minutes or so to resume. I re-start if I need it faster. Can anyone help please? 143796
  7. WORD PROBLEM

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WORD PROBLEM: A message pops up in my word documents that tells me that my changes cannot be uploaded or downloaded because "my cache credentials have expired," and directs me to sign in. But when I try to sign in I get an error message that says "something went wrong, please try again...
  8. Problem with Word files after Windows 10 update.

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Problem with Word files after Windows 10 update.: About a week ago there was a Windows 10 update (Aug 30?). After that I could not open any of my word files. There was an error message like "Could not find the element" also showing the search path for the file. Not knowing what to do I tried this many times and then suddenly...
  9. How to dictate words like "period" on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to dictate words like "period" on Windows 10: I recently update my Windows from 1709 to 1809, and I tried the new dictation (Win+H). It works well in most cases, but I couldn't find a way to dictate words like "period". Every time I say "period", it gives me a "." rather than the word "period". For example, if I say "a...
  10. Having periodic PC startup problems

in Windows 10 Support
    Having periodic PC startup problems: Because about half the time when I try to start my PC with Windows 10 it just sits there after I enter my password and click on Enter it shows a ring of dots whirling endlessly and will not progress beyond that point even though I click Enter, Esc, F12 or anything else. I...