Windows 10: Perl for Windows 11

Discus and support Perl for Windows 11 in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi All,I want to write in Latex under Visual Studio Code. I installed MikTex and Latex Workshop extension. But on test run of a latex file, I got an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Agnieszka Kulacka, Apr 5, 2022.

1. Perl for Windows 11

Hi All,I want to write in Latex under Visual Studio Code. I installed MikTex and Latex Workshop extension. But on test run of a latex file, I got an error"Make sure 'perl' is installed on your system."I went to perl.org website, but it seems that I cannot select Windows 11 which I have so I cannot install it I guess. Any advice?All the bestAgnieszka

:)

Agnieszka Kulacka, Apr 5, 2022
  2. VLMin Win User

How to run a perl script in Win 10

Thank you. I got the two set commands to work. Now I am stuck on what appears to be the final step, namely, the perl command itself:

perl -S annotate_vivaldi_bookmarks.pl -trees %HTML% %BOOKMARKS%

I got a message saying that perl is not a valid command. I tried putting "run" in front of it, but that did not help. I am in a CMD window, inside the perl folder: C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\ActiveState\bin. Do you have a next-step suggestion?

Thank you.

VLMin, Apr 5, 2022
  3. bpgt64 Win User
    Perl/PhP coding assistance

So, I have been tasked with creating a Perl Script, that parses an XML document for the 5 fields of information repeated in the document in the same order. Returning those 5 items, as Columns 1, Columns 2, Columns 3, 4 and 5 of a Table. I haven't the slightest idea on how to code or where to start. Any thoughts or suggestions? Should I be working with a different scripting language than Perl? or...?

The PhP end of this, is that I need to integrate the Perl script into a website, that allows a user to browse to the xml document of there own, and returns the Table described above to the Web Page.

I have a copy of Frozen Synapse, and Sanctum on Steam for anyone who can help me get this up and running. I have hosting capability and ftp access I can give to my personal Ubuntu web server to trying to set it up.

bpgt64, Apr 5, 2022
  4. Karla Alm Win User

Perl for Windows 11

Adobe Flash message in IE 11

Hi Sandra,

To help you out with your concern, we suggest that you disable the add-ons in Internet Explorer 11. For step by step instructions, go to this

link
    , then look for the title Turning off and removing add-ons.

We also suggest that you reset Internet Explorer 11 through these steps:

• Go to Internet Explorer then click the Gear icon.
    • Choose Internet options > Advanced.
    • Click Reset.

(Note: If you have added Favorites, back up them first before resetting the browser. )

Should you need further assistance, let us know.

Regards.

Karla Alm, Apr 5, 2022
Thema:

Perl for Windows 11

1. Perl for Windows 11 - Similar Threads - Perl

2. Associating .pl files with Perl installation

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Associating .pl files with Perl installation: I have just installed Perl from ActiveState in C:\Users\.., and now want to associate a .pl file with that.I have tried to follow the method starting from ControlPanel>DefaultApps. But I can see no connection to the Perl App as an option. I have now clicked a wrong app in...
  3. Associating .pl files with Perl installation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Associating .pl files with Perl installation: I have just installed Perl from ActiveState in C:\Users\.., and now want to associate a .pl file with that.I have tried to follow the method starting from ControlPanel>DefaultApps. But I can see no connection to the Perl App as an option. I have now clicked a wrong app in...
  4. Associating .pl files with Perl installation

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Perl for Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Perl for Windows 11: Hi All,I want to write in Latex under Visual Studio Code. I installed MikTex and Latex Workshop extension. But on test run of a latex file, I got an error"Make sure 'perl' is installed on your system."I went to perl.org website, but it seems that I cannot select Windows 11...
  6. How to run a perl script in Win 10

in Windows 10 Support
    How to run a perl script in Win 10: Greetings! This is my first TenForums post. Running win 10. I am experimenting with a new (for me) browser called Vivaldi. I successfully imported my Firefox bookmarks, but Vivaldi's import is from a standard html file, so it does not transfer Firefox keywords as nicknames,...
  7. Perl download, not downloading?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Perl download, not downloading?: So I downloaded ActiveState Perl for Windows 10. I went through the download process, and then it said the download was complete. Although in CMD it says that the command Perl is not recognized, when I use: perl -v Any idea on why this is happening? submitted by...