Windows 10: permanate switch function keys with media keys

Discus and support permanate switch function keys with media keys in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; is there a way to make the function keys automaticly do the media function? i want to remove the need to press the fn key.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Wolt fe, Feb 25, 2024.

1. Wolt fe Win User

permanate switch function keys with media keys

is there a way to make the function keys automaticly do the media function? i want to remove the need to press the fn key.

:)

Wolt fe, Feb 25, 2024
  2. Xsef Win User

PC Key Power Switch

Hey! I'm how do I make a PC key power switch? This is the keylock I'm going to use: http://www.biltema.com/no/Bil---MC/Bil-tilbehor/Bilelektrisk/Strombryter/Tenningslas-43076/
    It has:
    • Universal threepositioning ignitionlock. Has following functions: off, ignition and start (rebounding/momentary).
    • Delivers with 2 keys.
    • Screw-connection.
    • Mountinghole: 25 mm.
    So I want it to be exactly like this: You turn it on like a normal car. You twist the key to a certain point, and it springs back. Like in the video
    The normal power button should not be involved. You just turn the key to start and stop. And I was wondering, in this situation the way I want this, it is possible to take the key out without turning the power off and do you turn it off by twisting it in the same direction again?

3. alt-key functionality

Hi Steven,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps:

• Single Click on the file.
    • Tap F2 ( Function Key).
    • Then type the name and enter.
    Hope this answers your query and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Andria Maria Mendez, Feb 25, 2024
  4. DaveM121 Win User

Sound and brightness keys

Hi BMGBALLER

Most system have switchable function keys, between the usual function keys and media keys

Sometimes, pressing Fn + a function key will provide the media function . ..

Otherwise, there must be a C manufacturers utility on your PC that provides the means to switch between Function and media Keys

Look in the alphabetical list of installed apps on your Start Menu for a manufacturers utility and look for how the switch the Function keys actions . . .

DaveM121, Feb 25, 2024
Thema:

1. permanate switch function keys with media keys - Similar Threads - permanate switch function

2. permanate switch function keys with media keys

in Windows 10 Gaming
    permanate switch function keys with media keys: is there a way to make the function keys automaticly do the media function? i want to remove the need to press the fn key. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/permanate-switch-function-keys-with-media-keys/55a044d4-f48a-43a5-93f2-2cc8c171ce92
  3. function keys switches

in Windows 10 Customization
    function keys switches: Running Windows 10. Image below is similar to my keyboardMy function key has flipped. Here's what I mean. Look at the "F1 /audio mute" key. Initially, if I wanted to select the mute option, I pressed the F1 key. Now I have to press both the Fn key and the F1key to mute. What...
  4. Function keys keep reverting to media keys!

Function keys keep reverting to media keys!: My laptop running windows 10 keeps reverting somehow to F1-F12 keys using their media functions. I know how to change them back with BIOS on reboot but it's causing real problems mainly because F2 is a common hotkey in my work software and it's media function is to toggle...
  5. Using function keys to switch programs/windows

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Using function keys to switch programs/windows: Is it possible to (natively) assign the F keys to bring to the forefront different programs or windows that are currently open? I've started a new job that has a lot of Windows automation/script/shortcut action going on and I really like this function. Haven't had a chance...
  6. Win Media Keys App Switching

Win Media Keys App Switching: Hi, I'm having a problem with Windows Media keys and app switching. I've tried the whole Chrome extension, flags, services and I don't use Spotify. The media keys work fine when I'm on iTunes but whenever I'm on another app they stop working. I'm trying to disable the...
  7. 2 Key Functions Switched on Razer Keyboard

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    2 Key Functions Switched on Razer Keyboard: I have a Razer keyboard that I plug into my Dell laptop, and the Razer Synapse software that controls the keyboard is up to date and works fine, and I've determined is not the issue. However, the "c" key on my external keyboard somehow became partially bound to the alt key,...
  8. Way to permanently switch meaning of FN-keys with Non-FN function?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Way to permanently switch meaning of FN-keys with Non-FN function?: I need quite occasionally press keys on the top row of my keyboard like F2, F5, Print,.... To get them I always have to press additionally (just before) the <Fn> key. I want to avoid this. Is there a way to switch (forever) the meaning of Fn with Non-Fn keys? Only for the...
  9. switching f# keys function

switching f# keys function: so I'm using a Microsoft surface 3 and i need to switch the functions of the f1, f2, f3, etc. buttons and I've tried BIOS, the mobility center and the keyboard control panel, to no avail. any suggestions? i never use these keys except in cases of gaming, and i cant because...
  10. Switching Function Keys' Use

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Switching Function Keys' Use: Hi, I have a Toshiba Satellite P50-C-12Z and have been trying to change my function keys so that I don't need to press the fn button to use the special keys (change volume and brightness etc) - and so need to press fn to use the F1-12 keys. I found the setting in the BIOS...