Windows 10: Permanent deletion of data on HDD

Discus and support Permanent deletion of data on HDD in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi all, I know that there are many threads on the Web how to delete data on HDD for ever, so that it's safe to be sold in case of personal information... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by tomyfr, Oct 1, 2019.

1. tomyfr Win User

Permanent deletion of data on HDD

Hi all,

I know that there are many threads on the Web how to delete data on HDD for ever, so that it's safe to be sold in case of personal information previously stored on it. I just happened to create a thread here because to me you're the best on PCs and also wanted to know the newest solution for this.

I want to delete the entire HDD so that it (almost) won't be possible to recover its data by the next user of that, when sold.

What do you suggest, please?

:)

tomyfr, Oct 1, 2019
  2. UbErN00b Win User

Need suggestions to recover deleted data from HDD

As is my username I was a bit of a big n00b this morning, installing a fresh Win8 and accidentally deleted my downloads HDD instead of my SSD, don't ask, I was hungover is all I can think.

It hasn't been formatted or touched since I pressed delete so am hopeful I can recover most of the files, any suggestions for software to do so?

UbErN00b, Oct 1, 2019
  3. question on how to permanently delete files?

Can some one tell me how to permanently delete files that i delete from the recycle bin.?

Achilles1600, Oct 1, 2019
  4. NC37 Win User

Data of 50 Million MegaUpload Users To Be Deleted

I've said the same thing for a decade but all I hear is people harping about how wonderful it is to have data "permanently" backed up online.

Gotta be kidding me, nothing is permanent. Hacks happen, stuff like this happens, hardware fails...paying someone to do the same work that just buying an extra HD would do. /facepalm

NC37, Oct 1, 2019
Thema:

1. Permanent deletion of data on HDD - Similar Threads - Permanent deletion data

2. How to permanently delete files data when using OneDrive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to permanently delete files data when using OneDrive: Sometimes we need to shred a file, instead of just deleting it, like when a file contains personally identifiable information PII or individually identifiable health information. When a file on OneDrive is deleted, and it moves to the Recycle Bin, how can we ensure the file...
  3. How to permanently delete files data when using OneDrive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to permanently delete files data when using OneDrive: Sometimes we need to shred a file, instead of just deleting it, like when a file contains personally identifiable information PII or individually identifiable health information. When a file on OneDrive is deleted, and it moves to the Recycle Bin, how can we ensure the file...
  4. Data HDD

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Data HDD: Hi AllI am building a new PC Win 10 and have fitted an SSD boot drive. I will also install a data drive for my various applications etc.As a relative newby to this how do I install my apps onto the new pc? Using photoshop as an example the default installation with be...
  5. Data HDD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Data HDD: Hi AllI am building a new PC Win 10 and have fitted an SSD boot drive. I will also install a data drive for my various applications etc.As a relative newby to this how do I install my apps onto the new pc? Using photoshop as an example the default installation with be...
  6. Data HDD

7. Data copy to hdd and the data not visible

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Data copy to hdd and the data not visible: Hello I have one problem. I have windows 10 2 same computer. WIn 10 Prof. All update setup. When i copy a file to hdd on the first computer, and i take the hdd to another PC, my copyed file not visible on the hdd. When i take a data recovery software to the hdd, the data...
  8. Copy data from HDD to HDD

Copy data from HDD to HDD: I need to copy 1.5TB of data (audio/video) onto a new 4TB drive and wondered if anyone had recommendations. I need to keep the data on the source drive. Free is good. I did read a post here that suggested Robocopy, but that seems a bit daunting for an old fogie like me....
  9. Permanently deleted files

Permanently deleted files: Hello! First of all I'm really sorry if I'm asking too much of this and if the thread isn't really related to Windows 10, somehow I find it related because I want to use practically Windows 10 and another program or something for this job. And I know you guys are really the...
  10. Permanently unfreeze HDD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Permanently unfreeze HDD: I have an Acer E5-575G. It is running Windows 10 1607. The SSD HDD is frozen in bios. I am able to unfreeze it, but when I boot up and check bios again it is frozen again. Is this being caused by Windows 10 1607? 66157