Windows 10: Permanent deletion of data on HDD

Discus and support Permanent deletion of data on HDD in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi all, I know that there are many threads on the Web how to delete data on HDD for ever, so that it's safe to be sold in case of personal information... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by tomyfr, Oct 1, 2019.

1. tomyfr Win User

Permanent deletion of data on HDD

Hi all,

I know that there are many threads on the Web how to delete data on HDD for ever, so that it's safe to be sold in case of personal information previously stored on it. I just happened to create a thread here because to me you're the best on PCs and also wanted to know the newest solution for this.

I want to delete the entire HDD so that it (almost) won't be possible to recover its data by the next user of that, when sold.

What do you suggest, please?

:)

tomyfr, Oct 1, 2019
  2. UbErN00b Win User

Need suggestions to recover deleted data from HDD

As is my username I was a bit of a big n00b this morning, installing a fresh Win8 and accidentally deleted my downloads HDD instead of my SSD, don't ask, I was hungover is all I can think.

It hasn't been formatted or touched since I pressed delete so am hopeful I can recover most of the files, any suggestions for software to do so?

UbErN00b, Oct 1, 2019
  3. question on how to permanently delete files?

Can some one tell me how to permanently delete files that i delete from the recycle bin.?

Achilles1600, Oct 1, 2019
  4. NC37 Win User

Data of 50 Million MegaUpload Users To Be Deleted

I've said the same thing for a decade but all I hear is people harping about how wonderful it is to have data "permanently" backed up online.

Gotta be kidding me, nothing is permanent. Hacks happen, stuff like this happens, hardware fails...paying someone to do the same work that just buying an extra HD would do. /facepalm

NC37, Oct 1, 2019
Thema:

1. Permanent deletion of data on HDD - Similar Threads - Permanent deletion data

2. Deleted Partition on HDD - How do I restore it, and the data within?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Deleted Partition on HDD - How do I restore it, and the data within?: In my efforts to fix my previous problem, I resorted to a fresh install of Windows 10. I have two drives - one is an SSD on which I installed only Windows-related files, and the other is a 500gb traditional hard drive on which everything else was installed. It was during...
  3. deleted data

deleted data: today i reset my windows 10 laptop i chosen only one drive to format where is my windows installed but when it completed my all the disks part erased completely why this happened and how i can recover my all erased data...
  4. Recovering Data from HDD

Recovering Data from HDD: I have a HDD from a laptop that died. The laptop died because of a power issue it did not crash and the HDD should not have been affected. I removed the HDD from the laptop to recover the files. The laptop was running windows 7. I've installed the HDD on my windows 10...
  5. downloads data deleted

downloads data deleted: yesterday I was using the disk cleanup feature to clean one of my drives and I accidentally checked downloads and I wanted to know if there was any way I could get the files back. I don't have disk history/backup enabled and I tried to use Recuva and got a few things back but...
  6. Permanently deleting files

Permanently deleting files: I have a computer that all of the User accounts are ONLY able to delete files permanently, not move them to the Recycle Bin. I have checked the Recycle Bin settings and they should allow the files to be moved to the Recycle Bin before they are deleted permanently, but the...
  7. delete data

in Windows 10 Customization
    delete data: I am sending this computer back to HP for repair. How can I delete apps, programs, folders, passwords, etc. to protect private information? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/delete-data/fdbeba1c-1c40-4fec-b9b3-7514299beac8
  8. Permanently Delete Networks in Available Networks

Permanently Delete Networks in Available Networks: I would like to permanently delete (not forget) networks that I set up and no longer use. I have Windows 10 Pro Version 10.0.17134 Build 17134 on an Alienware 17 R3 laptop computer. The processor is Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6820HK CPU @ 2.70GHz, 2701 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical...
  9. Permanently unfreeze HDD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Permanently unfreeze HDD: I have an Acer E5-575G. It is running Windows 10 1607. The SSD HDD is frozen in bios. I am able to unfreeze it, but when I boot up and check bios again it is frozen again. Is this being caused by Windows 10 1607? 66157
  10. permanently delete a wireless network

permanently delete a wireless network: When I power up my laptop it connects to a network, that I don't have (xfinitywifi). I have deleted the profile, to no avail, I get to my network by cycling my wireless. Its really annoying. Thanks in advance for your help. 32149