Windows 10: Permanent file loss in Downloads folder.

Discus and support Permanent file loss in Downloads folder. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello. This is Daniel here. And I'm in an urgent mood right now, because I was planning a Disk Cleanup for my Windows 10 computer, and when I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Dan P. Lyons, Feb 10, 2019.

1. Permanent file loss in Downloads folder.

Hello. This is Daniel here.

And I'm in an urgent mood right now, because I was planning a Disk Cleanup for my Windows 10 computer, and when I selected the option to delete the downloaded files along with the temporary files, most of the files were "permanently" deleted from the Downloads folder, and I can't get them back. I really need a solution to this problem. What can I do to bring back the downloaded files? They were very important to me. Thanks in advance.

Dan P. Lyons

:)

Dan P. Lyons, Feb 10, 2019

2. Downloaded files disappear

When you download a file through any browser, there's an option somewhere to 'Open Containing Folder.'

In Windows, to find a file you have downloaded...

1. Open your personal folder by clicking the Start button and then clicking your user name at the top of the Start menu's right pane.
    2. Double-click one of the following folders:
      • Downloads
      • Documents
      • Pictures
      • Videos
      • Music

If you do not see the file you are looking for, but know its file name, you can search for it by following these steps:
    To search for a file you have downloaded...

1. Click the Start button
    2. Type all or part of the file name into the Search box.
      The file you are looking for will appear in the list of results.

teachermark, Feb 10, 2019
  3. Downloads folder is the Documents folder

Hi Chris,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to Restore to Default the folders and document settings and see if it helps.

Step 1:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Download folder.
    • Right click on the Download Folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.

Step 2:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Documents folder.
    • Right click on the Document folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.
    After performing above steps change the settings as you required and check if it helps.

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, Feb 10, 2019
  4. monim1 Win User

Permanent file loss in Downloads folder.

EMUI

Here's the steps to update EMUI 4.1.1 to 5.0 :
    • Download the EMUI 5.0(desired version) .zip file, and unzip it.
    • Place the .hwt file in the HWThemes folder from your phone.
    • Using the Themes app, apply the new theme.
    • Restart the phone, in order to see all the new changes.
    And you’re done!

monim1, Feb 10, 2019
Thema:

Permanent file loss in Downloads folder.

1. Permanent file loss in Downloads folder. - Similar Threads - Permanent file loss

2. Undo New Folder Permanently Deletes Files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Undo New Folder Permanently Deletes Files: There's only one other mention of this problem, but the replies shrug off the problem with no real acknowledgement to how serious a flaw this is. If you create a new folder and paste files from an external device phone, camera, then hit undo, it'll undo the creation of the...
  3. Can permanently & overwritten folders & files be recovered?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can permanently & overwritten folders & files be recovered?: I was prompted that my internal drive is running out of storage so while trying to "move the folders & files" I accidentally "permanently deleted it" and it has been over written. Is there any way to recover it?...
  4. How to permanently disable Group By in Downloads folder Solution

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to permanently disable Group By in Downloads folder Solution: Like many MANY! other people I am as well trying to deal with the incredibly annoying "Group By" view for the Downloads directory. I've tried many "solutions" but none of them were truly permanent. This cancer just keeps coming back again and again. So, is there an actual...
  5. loss of importance file folder

loss of importance file folder: Hi community It about window ''write.exe" On 22 Oct 2020 i have save some important file in my thumb drive as xxxx.rtf in a file folder. On 23 oct 2020 as i use my thumb drive window10 ask to scan and recover the thumb drive, so i start scan and recover, after the scan my...
  6. Names of permanently deleted files and folders.

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Names of permanently deleted files and folders.: is it possible to access Names of permanently deleted files in folder? I accidentaly removed lots of files in my downloads folder, as soon as TRIM is enabled on my SSD it was impossible for me to recover removed files, so I'm interested if its possible to see names of...
  7. Download Speed loss

Download Speed loss: I was recently put on BT fibre. Prior to that I got 17mbps download. On fibre I only get 20mb. I contacted BT who sent an engineer, who did not seem too confident in what he was doing. (I am 300mts from cabinet) He initially said there was no fault on line, then spoke to...
  8. loss of files

loss of files: I restarted my computer to update Office files. When it came on all the software files I had on my task bar and all my document files were missing. How do I get them back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/loss-of-files/4d749705-a5e1-4e98-a634-f1ed679bbc62"
  9. file loss

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    file loss: so today I updated my pc to the latest version of Windows 10 (1809) I finish the update and all and then I try to login to my pc but when I enter my password it will show me a blue screen saying that there is an error i try a couple more times but I can't access my pc so I...
  10. Loss of data upon saving file or downloading

in Windows 10 Support
    Loss of data upon saving file or downloading: Hi, I'm experiencing a very obscure issue that I have never seen before. Whenever I save a file, I've noticed that some text is either removed or duplicated. If I download a file from my server, the file will be missing data as well. I have tried other FTP clients and I get...