Windows 10: Permanent fix for print spooler that doesn't delete finished print job

Discus and support Permanent fix for print spooler that doesn't delete finished print job in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi folks, I have just purchased a new Canon Pixma TS8150 (to replace my Canon Pixma Mg5250) Generally all is fine and the printer works as well as... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Nikkiloy, Jan 14, 2019.

1. Nikkiloy Win User

Permanent fix for print spooler that doesn't delete finished print job

Hi folks,

I have just purchased a new Canon Pixma TS8150 (to replace my Canon Pixma Mg5250) Generally all is fine and the printer works as well as the old one, except for one thing... I have to 'manually' delete about 90% of the print jobs from the print spooler... It prints the job fine as but then 'forgets' to finish and delete it from the queue.. and then the next job won't print until I manually remove the previous job. I have tried removing other print drivers, it helped but didn't fix it.

So I have the short term fix but honestly, it's doing my head in deleting the job almost every time .. How can I fix this once and for all pleeeeease?

:)

Nikkiloy, Jan 14, 2019
  2. boconnel Win User

Print Spooler

I have had this situation and it seems to come and go. The temporary solution is to open a command prompt as administrator and type in:

Net Start "Print Spooler"

If the spooler is running and you want to bounce it type:

Net stop "Print Spooler"
    Net start "Print Spooler"

​I haven't yet come across a permanent fix.

boconnel, Jan 14, 2019
  3. Issue after installation with print spooler

Hello,

Thank you for keeping us posted.

I certainly understand your concern and will try my best to help you.

I really appreciate all your efforts in trying to fix this issue.

I would suggest you to try the steps given below and check if that helps.

Note: All the steps mentioned below holds good for windows 10 as well.

If print spooler keeps stopping in Windows 8.1,
    I would suggest to follow the steps given below.

• If the print spooler is not responding to your print commands and print is not happening when printer is fine physically (No paper jam or any error indications on printer hardware). These methods will help
      to clear the pending print jobs (print queue) and hanging spooler service.

• Clear the print spooler files where the Operating Systems store printing jobs temporarily, deleting these file will allow the print spooler to start freshly and run smoothly next time.

• Go to C -> Windows -> System32 -> Spool -> Printers and delete all files inside this folder. This is the location OS keeps the printing jobs before sending
      to printers. Once you delete these files, print queue will be cleared. The same location is applicable for latest Windows 8 and 8.1 too.
    If the problem persists, follow the steps given below.

• Go to services under Computer Management.

• Double click Print Spooler service and go to
      Recovery tab. Here we can set what that service should do when it fails.

• Select ‘Restart the Service’ in Subsequent Failures field. So, it will try restarting print spooler service whenever it fails.

• Go to ‘Dependencies’
      tab and make sure all depending services are started. Luckily, only one dependency service for print spooler service which is
      Remote Procedure Call (RPC) service.

• Check the RPC service in services and make sure it’s already started.
    If the issue still persists, the last step would be to check for the printer drivers. If the printer drivers are not installed properly, I would suggest you to follow the steps given below and check if that helps.

• Delete all unwanted printers from your computer.

• Make sure all printers are installed with proper drivers.
    Additional Information:

Please refer to the article given below and check if that helps.

Fix printer problems

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/...1&v2h=win7tab1&v3h=winvistatab1&v4h=winxptab1

Note: The above article will
    help you identify and fix common printer problems in Windows. Printing problems can be caused by cables that aren’t connected properly, problems with wireless adapters or settings, damaged or incompatible printer drivers or missing updates.

I hope this information is helpful.

Please do let us know if you need any further assistance, we will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Jayant Gupta, Jan 14, 2019
  4. Permanent fix for print spooler that doesn't delete finished print job

Documents Disappear in Print Spooler before printing

Hi David,

There are different factors that can contribute as to why you're not able to print documents on a wireless printer that other computer can use to print. This could be caused by outdated device drivers or the
    print spooler that temporarily stores print jobs on the computer needs to be reset

Since you are still not able to print documents after you completing different troubleshooting steps, we suggest that you follow the steps to

clear and reset the print spooler
    to resolve your concern. This will allow you to restart the
    print spooler service that manages the printing process in your computer.

We look forward to your response after you complete the steps.

Jordan Dom, Jan 14, 2019
Thema:

Permanent fix for print spooler that doesn't delete finished print job

1. Permanent fix for print spooler that doesn't delete finished print job - Similar Threads - Permanent fix print

2. print spooler

in Windows 10 Gaming
    print spooler: print spooler is curently running but when trying toinstall printer drivers it ssy spoller has stopped but it still running https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/print-spooler/88996641-a0cf-40e6-8ec2-79d12357dfc2
  3. print spooler

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    print spooler: print spooler is curently running but when trying toinstall printer drivers it ssy spoller has stopped but it still running https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/print-spooler/88996641-a0cf-40e6-8ec2-79d12357dfc2
  4. Print Spooler

Print Spooler: we have a few windows 10 pro 2004 machines that the print spoolers keep going disabled. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/print-spooler/2a0c721a-4335-42fb-be1e-1ccf62a244f3
  5. Print Spooler

Print Spooler: Since the Windows 10 update in March I can't print. Printer Spooler keeps stopping and I've restarted it numerous times but it stops after a couple of minutes. WIndows Troubleshooter advises to install new printer but can't add new driver as print spooler keeps stopping....
  6. Print spooler

Print spooler: Just updated win 10 to latest update. Now cannot print to HP Laserjet Pro mfp 1410. The print spooler will not remain on. What should I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/print-spooler/fe76dc32-5978-4e2b-b195-0dcd75753c60
  7. Print spooler

Print spooler: I cannot print from my laptop over the wireless network. I have not had a problem until recently. I have set a new port for the printer, but when asked to print the job is sent to the spooler, and nothing happens. Then the document is deleted from the spooler. I can...
  8. Permanent fix for print spooler that doesn't delete finished print job

Permanent fix for print spooler that doesn't delete finished print job: Hi folks, I have just purchased a new Canon Pixma TS8150 (to replace my Canon Pixma Mg5250) Generally all is fine and the printer works as well as the old one, except for one thing... I have to 'manually' delete about 90% of the print jobs from the print spooler... It...
  9. print spooler

print spooler: after each update you make mess in my PC or lets say ...no printer works always say that print spooler does not work than I go to services and found print spooler, open it and press START.... in about 10 sec. just by it self jumps in STOPPED --or let say simples , he...
  10. Print Spooler

Print Spooler: My update to Windows 10 from Windows 7 went without problems but none of the three printers attached to my computer worked and I have been struggling with the problem over the last two weeks. There is another long thread "Can't connect to Printer" which has not produced a...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. print sppoler has problems clearing after print is finished