Windows 10: Permanent Keyboard and Mouse Disables

Discus and support Permanent Keyboard and Mouse Disables in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; This issue has started happening around ~6 months ago. I have found no other mention of what I'm describing. I will describe it as best as I can:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/somwan123, Jul 13, 2020.

1. Permanent Keyboard and Mouse Disables

This issue has started happening around ~6 months ago. I have found no other mention of what I'm describing. I will describe it as best as I can:

Whilst randomly using my computer, if I'm just browsing the web, playing games, and not doing much, after my PC's been running for about 6 - 8 hours, I will hear a USB Disconnect sound, followed by me loosing Ethernet connection and it switching to my wireless connection. The RGB lighting on my keyboard and mouse will continue, but neither will respond to inputs, though I'll be able to change the lighting mode via keyboard shortcuts. The computer just sits there in limbo. If I disconnect, then reconnect my devices, the lighting will also be turned off. This is only fixed(?) when I turn off my PC using the front panel's OFF switch, and turning it back on.

An interesting thing to note is that while playing The Crew 2, this problem will occur within 30 minutes of play. This is regardless of whether or not I've had my computer running for 2 minutes, or 6 hours. I'm not sure what the problem is, as I've tried many methods, as I'll list shortly, I believed that it would have something to do with The Crew 2, because it can consistently cause the issue, and upon reinstalling Windows 10, when loading BattleEye, the issue occurred, for the first time on that install. Also, when I set up a dual-boot of Ubuntu (20.04), when installing U-Play from Lutris, the problem occurred, again, for the first time on that install. This is very confusing, because other Uplay and BattleEye games don't cause the issue. Anyways, onto what I tried:

1) Re-installing the game

2) Unistalling Uplay and BattleEye

3) Using different USB ports, including the front panel, and the MotherBoard's I/O

4) Changing the settings in Device manager

5) Trying to update drivers via device manager

6) Uninstalling custom keyboard lighting software

7) Changing USB BIOS settings and Trial and Erroring

8) Re-installing Windows

9) Installing Ubuntu

10) Posting to Reddit

Please ask me more questions if you want to gather more info. I'm really getting desperate at this point.

submitted by /u/somwan123
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/somwan123, Jul 13, 2020

2. disabled mouse and keyboard

Hello Peter,

An outdated or incompatible mouse driver can be one of the factors why this issue occurs. To assist you with your concern, we recommend that you follow these steps to check if the device is recognized correctly in Device Manager. To do this, follow the steps
    below:

• In the Search box, type Device Manager and press
      Enter.
    • Navigate to Mice and other pointing devices.
    • A yellow exclamation means that the mouse driver is not installed properly. You can right-click and select
      Uninstall.
    • Right-click on Mice and other pointing devices and select
      Scan for hardware change.
    • If the yellow exclamation mark still exists, go to their support site to search your product name and find the corresponding mouse driver to install and update.
    • You may re-do the steps 1 to 5 to check for the keyboard.

Note: If there are no pointing devices and keyboard, it indicates that there is no mouse and keyboard configured or it is a mouse and keyboard hardware failure. We suggest that you contact your system manufacturer to report
    the status of those devices to identify if these are hardware related issue.

Feel free to post back for an update with the outcome and let us know if you need more help.

Zedrick Del, Jul 13, 2020
  3. keyboard and mouse not working

Hi Chrystal,

For us to properly isolate the issue with your keyboard and mouse, we would like to know the following:

• Were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue (e.g., updates, software installation)?
    • Are you using a wired or wireless keyboard and mouse?
    • Have you tried using a different keyboard and mouse? If yes, how was it?
    • Have you tried using your keyboard and mouse to another computer? If yes, what is the result?
    • To make sure that we have not missed on anything, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

As an initial troubleshooting, we suggest that you try updating your keyboard and mouse drivers to resolve the issue. You may also check and follow the troubleshooting steps in this
    article.

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Jul 13, 2020
  4. John Fer Win User

Permanent Keyboard and Mouse Disables

Unresponsive Mouse and Keyboard in Windows 10

Hi,

One reason why your mouse and keyboard is not working is because of an outdated driver. We suggest that you update the mouse and keyboard driver by following the steps below:

• Pres Windows+X key on your keyboard.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Locate the mouse and keyboard drivers, right click, then click on Update.

If you need further assistance, don't hesitate to reach out.

John Fer, Jul 13, 2020
Thema:

Permanent Keyboard and Mouse Disables

1. Permanent Keyboard and Mouse Disables - Similar Threads - Permanent Keyboard Mouse

2. disable DoNotDisturb permanently

in Windows 10 Gaming
    disable DoNotDisturb permanently: Every answer just points to the obvious On/Off button. Using this just reverts to On after only a short time. Someone please give a permanent solution with EXACT instructions if a Registry edit is needed....
  3. disable DoNotDisturb permanently

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    disable DoNotDisturb permanently: Every answer just points to the obvious On/Off button. Using this just reverts to On after only a short time. Someone please give a permanent solution with EXACT instructions if a Registry edit is needed....
  4. Permanently disable on screen keyboard in windows 10!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Permanently disable on screen keyboard in windows 10!: Hi. There are users still experiencing the annoying on-screen keyboard pop-up. Not to be confused with the Touch Keyboard! I had this issue too and tried all advice I could find to no avail! At login it popped up, running apps as administrator - the same! I had this problem...
  5. Permanently disable on screen keyboard in windows 10!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Permanently disable on screen keyboard in windows 10!: Hi. There are users still experiencing the annoying on-screen keyboard pop-up. Not to be confused with the Touch Keyboard! I had this issue too and tried all advice I could find to no avail! At login it popped up, running apps as administrator - the same! I had this problem...
  6. Touchpad got permanently disabled after using external mouse

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Touchpad got permanently disabled after using external mouse: After i used logitech hyperion fury mouse on my asus, touchpad got automatically disabled and i am not able to enable it from the touchpad function key on keyboard. Also, settings for touchpad are also missing from the mouse settings option. [ATTACH]...
  7. Accidentally disabled mouse and keyboard with autoruns...

Accidentally disabled mouse and keyboard with autoruns...: So I am in a funk. Everything that can go wrong is going wrong and I feel like I have tried what I could and need some specific help. It started with my pc randomly deciding to freeze and restart after my girlfriend installed Epic Games' online service. Whether or not this...
  8. Keyboard & mouse disabled CONSTANTLY

Keyboard & mouse disabled CONSTANTLY: I have EXTREME problems with windows 10. First: Windows randomly disables my keyboard & mouse. It happens when I use them, AND when I don't use them. I've bought a NEW keyboard & mouse, to see if that helped. It didn't. I've tried reinstalling windows, no effect....
  9. disable/enable keyboard and keyboard mouse feature?

in Windows 10 Customization
    disable/enable keyboard and keyboard mouse feature?: Hello, I have a Inspiron 7370 with a touch screen and a hinge that allows the computer to open flat. I was wondering if there was a safe way to disable and re-enable the keyboard and keyboard mouse so I can use the screen as a tablet and place a notepad on the keyboard area...
  10. Permanently Disable Updates

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Permanently Disable Updates: I almost never shutdown my PC or restart as I use it a a lot. I usually just put it into hibernate. The every few weeks that I do shut it down I always am forced to go through with a Windows update. No matter how much I search or disable stuff I can not figure out any way to...