Windows 10: Permanent read-only folder problem

Discus and support Permanent read-only folder problem in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello everyone, I'v got small problem with few folders downloaded from github from one guy. Namely I'm making open tibia server, but it doesn't matter.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by czerwian, Jul 9, 2020.

1. czerwian Win User

Permanent read-only folder problem

Hello everyone, I'v got small problem with few folders downloaded from github from one guy. Namely I'm making open tibia server, but it doesn't matter. I'v got there cache folder with two subfolders.

Permanent read-only folder problem [​IMG]

When I'm trying to change read only option from properties, it's changing back to be marked on. I'm trying to change owner of this folders from properties/security etc. but it doesen't help me.. Same with CMD run as admin and command attrib -R. CMD Showing then this folders don't have any attributes after attrib command like this

But when I go to propetries again I see something like this *Banghead

Independently what I'm doing it's always read only.. Guys please help me with this problem..
    It's 100% Admin account, only one account btw on this windows so...

:)

czerwian, Jul 9, 2020

2. Read only folder

Hi Jim,

We appreciate you for being part of Windows 10.

Before proceeding, we need more information to help you better.

• Do you want to change the permissions to certain program/folder?

• Have you signed in through Microsoft/Local account?

A read-only file is protected from accidental deletion and changes to its content.

Step 1: What is a read-only file or folder?

A read-only file is protected from accidental deletion and changes to its content. To change a file to read-only, right-click the file, and then click
    Properties. In the Properties dialog box, click the
    General tab, and then select the
    Read-only check box. To make changes to a read-only file, clear the
    Read-only check box, or save the file with a different name.

Step 2: Prevent changes to a file or folder (read-only)

Setting your important or personal files to read-only can help protect them from unintentional or unauthorized changes. When a file is set to read-only, it cannot be changed.

• Right-click the file or folder you want to set to read-only, and then click
      Properties.
    • Click the General tab, select the Read-only check box, and then click
      OK.
    If you need to make changes to the file or folder later, you can turn off the read-only setting by clearing the
    Read-only check box.

I hope the above information helps. Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with this issue. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Jul 9, 2020
  3. All Folders Read Only

All folders seem to be listed as Read Only.

Do not have third party antivirus.

Yes, I already checked Permissions and Ownership

Yes, I have already followed every tutorial and suggestion on this site.

GryffinDarkBred, Jul 9, 2020
  4. Permanent read-only folder problem

how to change "read-only" files permanently

how to change "read-only" files permanently. I go to Properties and delete the "read-only" but its Folder still shows EMPTY

Claude D Cote, Jul 9, 2020
Thema:

Permanent read-only folder problem

1. Permanent read-only folder problem - Similar Threads - Permanent read folder

2. Read Only Folders

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Read Only Folders: My folders have suddenly become marked as Read Only and I can't change it. In the Security tab all the permissions that have been allowed are checked, but grayed out. I haven't changed anything in regards to my system other than installing Windows updates. I'm running Windows...
  3. folders are read only

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    folders are read only: hello, I'm on windows 10 pro and I cant seem to find a way to remove the read only, I've tried as admin, cmd, etc.if someone can help me would me appreciated !! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/folders-are-read-only/7f8f773d-718c-42cf-835b-bffa74e59326
  4. folders are read only

folders are read only: hello, I'm on windows 10 pro and I cant seem to find a way to remove the read only, I've tried as admin, cmd, etc.if someone can help me would me appreciated !! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/folders-are-read-only/7f8f773d-718c-42cf-835b-bffa74e59326
  5. How do I permanently disable Read Only on a folder?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I permanently disable Read Only on a folder?: I'm trying to give one of my applications access to one of my folders don't worry, it's safe and trusted, but I need to disable Read-Only on my folder. I tried disabling it in the General tab of Properties, but whenever I closed out of the Properties window, it seemed to...
  6. How do I permanently disable Read Only on a folder?

How do I permanently disable Read Only on a folder?: I'm trying to give one of my applications access to one of my folders don't worry, it's safe and trusted, but I need to disable Read-Only on my folder. I tried disabling it in the General tab of Properties, but whenever I closed out of the Properties window, it seemed to...
  7. Read only folders

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Read only folders: Hi I am using windows 10 Home addition. And I am facing two problems. 1. My folders in laptop has become read-only. I have tried to un-check read-only from properties, and as well as from CMD prompt window by using Attrib -R +S\ command. But still no luck. for your...
  8. Read-only folders

Read-only folders: All folders on both computers on my home network have become read-only; the files within them are not showing as read-only, but cannot be amended due to the folder permissions. I have tried the solutions referenced on line using security permissions, allowing inheritance etc....
  9. My C:\ Documents folder is permanently set to read only

My C:\ Documents folder is permanently set to read only: Hello, I don't know how long my files have been like this but I noticed that my entire c:\ is set to read only. I've gone through the steps to give myself permission to literally everything, however my Documents are still are read only and when I uncheck it in Properties it...
  10. All folders are read only, and it's causing problems

in Windows 10 Support
    All folders are read only, and it's causing problems: Hi! Since I have upgraded to Windows 10 Pro, I noticed that all my folders' attributes are read only . Even if I create new folders, they are read only on creation. When I try to remove the read only attribute in the folder properties, it looks like it's removed, but...