Windows 10: Permanent solution low quality audio hands-free telephony

Discus and support Permanent solution low quality audio hands-free telephony in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Over the past couple of years I have had a problem that i haven't been able to find a suitable solution for. I use a Bluetooth headset for everyday... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by D.L. ten Bosch, Dec 3, 2023.

1. Permanent solution low quality audio hands-free telephony

Over the past couple of years I have had a problem that i haven't been able to find a suitable solution for. I use a Bluetooth headset for everyday use, alongside a dedicated microphone. But when I connect my headset, programs for example games and other programs utilizing voice chat automatically switch my headset to hands-free telephony mode. This, however, causes my audio quality to lower to the point I cannot use it anymore. I have seen a lot of people online telling me to go to devices and printers and disable the hands-free telephony service or disable my headsets hands-free device in

:)

D.L. ten Bosch, Dec 3, 2023

2. Fix For Low Bluetooth Audio Quality Due To Hands Free Telephony On Windows 11.

You guys have been facing this issue with your Bluetooth audio devices like tws and headsets. Here is the perfect guide to fix that.

It was easy to disable the Hands-Free Telephony on Windows 7-10. But on arriving at Windows 11, we cannot open devices and printers as most control panels subdivisions were redirected/transitioned to Settings, whereas Windows 10 and below had.

So here is a workaround to disable that to enjoy Stereo.

If you're on Windows 7, 8,8.1 & 10, you can follow this guide: shorturl.at/ijvBS

If you're on Windows 11, Follow Me:

Note :
    Windows Version: Windows 11 Dev Preview 22581.
    Since It is available here, it also should be available on Stable & Beta Release. I can't assure you that the current workaround is usable on the upcoming builds if Microsoft decides to remove it.

Step 1: Open Settings & Click On Bluetooth & Devices.

Permanent solution low quality audio hands-free telephony ba91f9a5-8b6f-45e4-8e5d-a1c1c48315b4?upload=true.png

Step 2: Click On " View More Devices ".

Permanent solution low quality audio hands-free telephony 7107d502-5c26-479f-80c5-9e1ab63f18f8?upload=true.png

A page, as shown in the below image, appears.

Permanent solution low quality audio hands-free telephony 17fdcc7e-03b1-40f5-8f63-3527145904e9?upload=true.png

Scroll Down To Find Option " More Devices & Printers Settings.

Permanent solution low quality audio hands-free telephony 164c4b72-372c-4221-b372-4c909c6bbbbb?upload=true.png

Step 3: Click On "More devices and printer settings"

Permanent solution low quality audio hands-free telephony 3e13a928-516e-44ca-890b-9acdbced9321?upload=true.png

It will greet you with the windows shown below.

Permanent solution low quality audio hands-free telephony e2c9bf05-e4b8-4c68-b129-8bd314fb7cd3?upload=true.png

Step 4: Double Click on the audio device.

In my case, I am using Oneplus Buds Z. It will open a new Windows of the audio device's properties, as shown in the below image.

Permanent solution low quality audio hands-free telephony 497d6fd5-db62-41e2-af28-b1bf598e4d16?upload=true.png

Step 5: Click on the Services Tab.

Permanent solution low quality audio hands-free telephony 21d3cea2-c684-41f6-aad1-28dc7ce3c546?upload=true.png

It will greet you with the options shown above.

Step 6: Uncheck the Hands-free Telephony.

Permanent solution low quality audio hands-free telephony dba94cef-66af-4673-9e42-95ea54437a8b?upload=true.png

Click on apply, then Turn Off and Turn On Bluetooth.

There you go. It's been fixed.
    Enjoy Stereo on your audio device.

Note:
    After disabling Hands-free Telephony, you can't use the mic on video conferencing calls.

To use the mic, enable "Hands-free Telephony".
    I suggest you pin the Control Panel window on the task manager or create a shortcut to enable and disable it simultaneously. Make sure to turn on & off the Bluetooth. There is no need to restart windows.

I hope this guide helped you to fix this on your machine.

Regards

P.M.SALMAN KHAN, Dec 3, 2023
  3. hangrun Win User
    Bluetooth low quality microphone

Hello

This tip is unfortunately not useful.

As I described already, the MICROPHONE has low quality.

I want to use it in video conferencing calls live Google meet or others.

But the sound format for the microphone are so bad.

And in your tip, the guy does deactivate the Microphone:. Here is what he says:

Note:
    After disabling Hands-free Telephony, you can't use the mic on video conferencing calls.

To use the mic, enable "Hands-free Telephony".

So still no solution unfortunately

hangrun, Dec 3, 2023
  4. Permanent solution low quality audio hands-free telephony

Bluetooth headset quality issues

My bluetooth headphones switch to low audio quality.

• They are fine after getting paired the first time
    • I do not have hands - free telephony selected
    • When I turn them on again they only switch to low quality
    • I have to forget the device and re-pair them

HOW DOES A COMPANY LIKE MICROSOFT NOT HAVE THIS SORTED OUT YET. I GET ON MY CHROMEBOOK AND DON'T HAVE TO GO THROUGH ANY OF THIS. IF THERE WAS AND SORT OF COMPETITION MICROSOFT WOULD BE SCREWED FOR THEIR ANTI USER PRACTICES.

JustinNagy, Dec 3, 2023
Thema:

Permanent solution low quality audio hands-free telephony

1. Permanent solution low quality audio hands-free telephony - Similar Threads - Permanent solution low

2. Permanent solution low quality audio hands-free telephony

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Permanent solution low quality audio hands-free telephony: Over the past couple of years I have had a problem that i haven't been able to find a suitable solution for. I use a Bluetooth headset for everyday use, alongside a dedicated microphone. But when I connect my headset, programs for example games and other programs utilizing...
  3. Hands-Free AG Audio on BT can be selected but is very low quality

Hands-Free AG Audio on BT can be selected but is very low quality: All my handsfree headphones connect on Bluetooth to Windows 10, but only the Hands Free AG Audio option can ever actually be selected in the speaker pop.Doesn't matter the brand, this is always the case.Is there any way of getting high quality audio on Windows 10?...
  4. Hands-Free AG Audio on BT can be selected but is very low quality

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hands-Free AG Audio on BT can be selected but is very low quality: All my handsfree headphones connect on Bluetooth to Windows 10, but only the Hands Free AG Audio option can ever actually be selected in the speaker pop.Doesn't matter the brand, this is always the case.Is there any way of getting high quality audio on Windows 10?...
  5. Hands-Free AG Audio on BT can be selected but is very low quality

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. Fix For Low Bluetooth Audio Quality Due To Hands Free Telephony On Windows 11.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fix For Low Bluetooth Audio Quality Due To Hands Free Telephony On Windows 11.: You guys have been facing this issue with your Bluetooth audio devices like tws and headsets. Here is the perfect guide to fix that.It was easy to disable the Hands-Free Telephony on Windows 7-10. But on arriving at Windows 11, we cannot open devices and printers as most...
  7. Fix For Low Bluetooth Audio Quality Due To Hands Free Telephony On Windows 11.

Fix For Low Bluetooth Audio Quality Due To Hands Free Telephony On Windows 11.: You guys have been facing this issue with your Bluetooth audio devices like tws and headsets. Here is the perfect guide to fix that.It was easy to disable the Hands-Free Telephony on Windows 7-10. But on arriving at Windows 11, we cannot open devices and printers as most...
  8. Headset Hands free telephony

Headset Hands free telephony: Hi. I have been using my headset with my Windows 10 PC for a while now. But the sound quality went bad and I searched for a solution in youtube. I was told to go to devices and printers and go to properties of the headset and then uncheck the Hands-free telephony box. After...
  9. Bluetooth devices output only as Hands-free Telephony quality

Bluetooth devices output only as Hands-free Telephony quality: I have a Bluetooth adapter USB-BT400 USB from Asus and I am trying to connect Bluetooth devices to my PC. However I keep having the same issue where Windows 10 identifies these devices as 'Bluetooth Handsfree audio'. This causes the audio to become very poor quality, play in...
  10. Hands-Free Telephony messing up headphone microphone

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Hands-Free Telephony messing up headphone microphone: I've been using some SteelSeries Bluetooth headphones with my computer, and after a few weeks of staticy, shallow sound, I did some research and found that many people could turn off the "Hands-Free Telephony" option for the headphones to enrich the sound quality. Doing...