Windows 10: Permanently allow a standard user to run stand alone executable without needing password

Discus and support Permanently allow a standard user to run stand alone executable without needing password in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi, my son is a standard user and he just wants to run the same executable over and over. Every time he starts it he needs the password. What can i... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Chesterbren, May 29, 2020.

1. Permanently allow a standard user to run stand alone executable without needing password

Hi,

my son is a standard user and he just wants to run the same executable over and over. Every time he starts it he needs the password. What can i change to allow that application to be run without needing the admin password

thanks

joe

:)

Chesterbren, May 29, 2020
  2. J Curran Win User

creating new user account types or allowing a user to run executables

How can I configure a new user account type with permissions in between standard and administrator in Windows 10? Or, how can I allow a user to run executables without being an administrator in Windows 10?

I am an investment advisor. Daily, an admin support person needs to download an executable file with my client's account information, run the executable, and then import it in order to update our software with client account info. This was not a problem
    until this weekend when my computer decided to upgrade itself to Windows 10. Now, when the support person tries to run the executable, they are blocked and an administrator has to enter a password to enable this. It is not practical for me to enable that
    daily. I need to allow the support person to be able to run executable files, but I do not want to give them full administrator privileges allowing them to access everything on the computer. The name of the executable files changes daily (based on the date),
    so enabling it for one file on one day does not fix the problem for the next day.

Can someone please help me to set up this user so that he can run executable files (with different names every day) but without allowing full administrator privileges?

J Curran, May 29, 2020
  3. KC Sibisi Win User
    How to allow a program to always run as administrator on standard user without always typing in the admin user password

Hi all. Does anyone have a solution to this problem. We have windows 10. Our child has a standard account and both parents have admin account.

There is one educational software for primary school mathematics which only functions if run as administrator. Meaning, we have to type in admin password every time the child opens this application.

Is there a way to always allow a single application to run as administrator on a standard user account without having to put in the password everytime.

We don't want to change the child's account from standard to admin.

I would appreciate any suggestions please

KC Sibisi, May 29, 2020
  4. Mohan B P Win User

Permanently allow a standard user to run stand alone executable without needing password

creating new user account types or allowing a user to run executables

Hi,

I realize that you are facing the issue in user account.

As per your query, I like to inform you that; we cannot create a user account in Windows 10, with the features you have mentioned above.

We can have only two types of user account in Windows 10;

• Standard account: If you are logged on to Windows with a standard account, you can do everything that you can do with an administrator account, but actions such as installing software or changing security settings,
      Windows might ask you to provide a password for an administrator account.

• Administrator account: If you are logged on to Windows with a administrator account, you can do everything, even the actions such as installing software or changing security settings and control other user accounts.
    I suggest you to send a feedback to Microsoft regarding this feature. Type
    Feedback on Search bar and go to Feedback app.

I hope the given information is helpful. Kindly write back to us for further assistance on Windows.

Thank you.

Mohan B P, May 29, 2020
Thema:

Permanently allow a standard user to run stand alone executable without needing password

1. Permanently allow a standard user to run stand alone executable without needing password - Similar Threads - Permanently allow standard

2. 22H2 offline stand-alone upgrade

in Windows 10 Gaming
    22H2 offline stand-alone upgrade: How can I manually upgrade a Windows 10 machine from version 20H2 to 22H2 without connecting it to the internet? It's completely stand alone. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/22h2-offline-stand-alone-upgrade/9fb5855f-e8b8-4108-998e-e2a9728827d9
  3. 22H2 offline stand-alone upgrade

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    22H2 offline stand-alone upgrade: How can I manually upgrade a Windows 10 machine from version 20H2 to 22H2 without connecting it to the internet? It's completely stand alone. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/22h2-offline-stand-alone-upgrade/9fb5855f-e8b8-4108-998e-e2a9728827d9
  4. Stand alone games not launching...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stand alone games not launching...: EVE online and Elder Scrolls online aren't launching properly. All my games in Steam have no issues. For some reason games outside of Steam and Microsoft games there is a glitch. The games try and load .... then nothing. It's weird. I just updated my motherboard recently and...
  5. Stand alone games not launching...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stand alone games not launching...: EVE online and Elder Scrolls online aren't launching properly. All my games in Steam have no issues. For some reason games outside of Steam and Microsoft games there is a glitch. The games try and load .... then nothing. It's weird. I just updated my motherboard recently and...
  6. win 11 stand alone OEM?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    win 11 stand alone OEM?: Is windows 11 only an upgrade from win 8 or 10? with all the problems I read on win 11 upgrade I don't want to upgrade to 11. I build my own computers, my question is will win 11 be available as an OEM so I can do a stand alone full install on a new computer build?...
  7. win 11 stand alone OEM?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    win 11 stand alone OEM?: Is windows 11 only an upgrade from win 8 or 10? with all the problems I read on win 11 upgrade I don't want to upgrade to 11. I build my own computers, my question is will win 11 be available as an OEM so I can do a stand alone full install on a new computer build?...
  8. H.264 stand alone DVR

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    H.264 stand alone DVR: I cannot view my home security system (h.264) in microsoft edge i have set all my ports forwarding in my router and they are open and my router is not blocking those Any suggestions Charlie...
  9. Microsoft Excel stand alone disk.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Microsoft Excel stand alone disk.: Can I purchase a Microsoft Excel stand alone disk for my DELL Desk Top computer? And, if I can, where do I purchase it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-excel-stand-alone-disk/097fac70-11ef-4894-af03-ff0d504a3595"
  10. Allowing standard users to run exe

in Windows 10 Support
    Allowing standard users to run exe: Hi guys, All our domain users are logged in as standard users, hence they cannot run .exe file. I want all users to allow a software application which runs only with an .exe file extension. How Can i achieve it?? 69178