Windows 10: Permanently archiving important emails in Windows 10

Discus and support Permanently archiving important emails in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; How can I permanently archive emails in the Windows 10 mail app? Even if saved in folders, they are deleted after 3 months, and I can't find the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Bobbie1926, Sep 21, 2018.

1. Permanently archiving important emails in Windows 10

How can I permanently archive emails in the Windows 10 mail app? Even if saved in folders, they are deleted after 3 months, and I can't find the settings to change this.

The only way I can permanently save important emails is to copy & paste them into Word, a long & laborious process. I never had this problem with the Windows Livemail app, but I can't use this app with Windows 10.

:)

Bobbie1926, Sep 21, 2018
  2. peach1971 Win User

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Sep 21, 2018
  3. Pavan_N Win User
    Archived mails are missing in Windows 10 Mail App.

Hi John,

I appreciate the troubleshooting steps you have tried to resolve the issue.

Follow the Steps below and check.

Step 1: Check the sync settings in Mail app.

• Open Mail app and Hoover mouse point on top.
    • Next to Search icon you can seen Sync this View.
    • Click on the icon and let it Sync.
    • Close and reopen Mail app and check Archived mails.

If issue persist follow next Step.

Step 2: Run the Windows App Troubleshooter.

I suggest you to download and run the app troubleshooter from the below link and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/run-the-troubleshooter-for-windows-apps

Do let us know if you are able to find Archive files in Mail app. Thank you.

Pavan_N, Sep 21, 2018
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Permanently archiving important emails in Windows 10

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Sep 21, 2018
Thema:

Permanently archiving important emails in Windows 10

1. Permanently archiving important emails in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Permanently archiving important

2. Unable to archive emails

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to archive emails: Hello, I am unable to archive emails in Mail for Windows 10 app. When I click on archive, it automatically disappears from archived emails within a minute. I am unable to recover those emails. Is there a solution?...
  3. Importing email contacts

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Importing email contacts: Hello, thank you for inviting me on to the forums. I have a new pc with Windows 10, Edge and 365. I wish to cope the email addresses from my onl pc which has pop 3 using Windows Live I have successfully exported tem on to a memory stick. when I follow the online istruction...
  4. Importing old emails

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Importing old emails: how import old eml files stored locally in windows 10 mail https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/importing-old-emails/290f5e26-b1cf-4b2a-939d-4180dcb0cf6e
  5. trying to find location of an archived email -

trying to find location of an archived email -: trying to find location of an archived email - https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/trying-to-find-location-of-an-archived-email/55a71885-aa6e-4cf1-b09b-b553f9c1f1de
  6. Where does Windows Mail store archived emails?

Where does Windows Mail store archived emails?: Hi! I tried to use Windows Mail to download and archive some old emails, so I logged in to my email through Windows Mail. I chose a bunch of emails and clicked "archive". To my mild horror the emails disappeared both from the server and from Windows mail. Then I found the...
  7. Problem with archiving emails

Problem with archiving emails: I want toarchive emails from gmail address and try to use mailstore home version.12. However, I will get ssl error, and mailstore requires to switch off content filtering. I use Windows 10 and am running AVG...
  8. import emails

import emails: Stupidly did a 'Reset' not realising what it really did, some what aggresive. For my email software was using WLM which is now not available from MS. So having to use Mail. Is there any way to import the old emails into Mail? They were all carefully placed in subfolders in...
  9. Archive an entire email folder in the Windows 10 mail app

Archive an entire email folder in the Windows 10 mail app: I can archive and retrieve individual emails in the Windows 10 mail app - but is there a way to archive an entire email folder and is there a benefit to doing so?...
  10. Permanently archiving important emails in Windows 10

Permanently archiving important emails in Windows 10: How can I permanently archive emails in the Windows 10 mail app? Even if saved in folders, they are deleted after 3 months, and I can't find the settings to change this. The only way I can permanently save important emails is to copy & paste them into Word, a long &...