Windows 10: Permanently change column order in Programs and Features

Discus and support Permanently change column order in Programs and Features in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; How do I permanently change the column order in 'Programs and Features'? I want the order to be 'Name', 'Installed On', 'Version', . . . so that it all... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Fred168, Oct 6, 2022.

1. Fred168 Win User

Permanently change column order in Programs and Features

How do I permanently change the column order in 'Programs and Features'? I want the order to be 'Name', 'Installed On', 'Version', . . . so that it all fits on half the screen when I am updating software.On my desktop Windows 10 Pro 19044.2075, I can re-order the columns, but after reboot they are back where they were, and 'Version', is off the screen again.On my wife's notebook Windows 10 Pro 19044.2006, I reordered the columns a few months ago, and they have remained reordered after many reboots.That behaviour is beyond my understanding, I'm afraid. I have right-clicked on the columns

:)

Fred168, Oct 6, 2022

2. Permanent Windows Explorer folder view settings system wide AND column headings.

I haven't been able to find a solution to my specific problem

I know how to change the list feature and add/remove column headings for particular folders. But I would like to permanently choose the default list type and column headings for Windows Explorer . I want to be able to open up Windows Explorer and look at any folder and see the detail list shown with my chosen column headers.

I still want to be able to change individual folder display preference, but I want the default to be list details, and include headers "Date Taken" and "Date Created". I don't want to have to do this on a folder by folder basis. I have hundreds.

Thanks!

John London, Oct 6, 2022
  3. Berton Win User
    Pinning column of favourites permanently open as a column down one sid

I have the Other favorites list on the right under the Users image/profile, works similar to the Firefox Bookmarks toolbar when it fills up and adds to the drop-down list.
    New Edge

Permanently change column order in Programs and Features [​IMG]

Firefox

Berton, Oct 6, 2022
  4. davidhk Win User

Microsoft Surface Pro1/Programs & Features list /alphabetical order

I have recently acquired a refurbished Microsoft Surface Pro1.
    It runs well, except one nagging matter which I am unable to resolve.
    Will appreciate greatly if someone shows me the answer.

The issue is simple : the contents listed in Programs and Features are in alphabetically "descending order"..... from Z to A.
    I cannot, for the life of me, find an option to list them from A to Z.
    Not a big deal. Just bugging me that I cannot change that.
    My screenshot.......

davidhk, Oct 6, 2022
Thema:

1. Permanently change column order in Programs and Features - Similar Threads - Permanently change column

2. Programs windows columns

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Programs windows columns: Hello.I notice the last days that when open the porgrams windows the default columns like date ,publisher,version is missing.Why? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/programs-windows-columns/5d225c37-be7d-4630-a7dd-07933b1e692a
  3. Programs windows columns

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Programs windows columns: Hello.I notice the last days that when open the porgrams windows the default columns like date ,publisher,version is missing.Why? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/programs-windows-columns/5d225c37-be7d-4630-a7dd-07933b1e692a
  4. Permanently change column order in Programs and Features

Permanently change column order in Programs and Features: How do I permanently change the column order in 'Programs and Features'? I want the order to be 'Name', 'Installed On', 'Version', . . . so that it all fits on half the screen when I am updating software.On my desktop Windows 10 Pro 19044.2075, I can re-order the columns, but...
  5. Permanently change column order in Programs and Features

in Windows 10 Customization
    Permanently change column order in Programs and Features: How do I permanently change the column order in 'Programs and Features'? I want the order to be 'Name', 'Installed On', 'Version', . . . so that it all fits on half the screen when I am updating software.On my desktop Windows 10 Pro 19044.2075, I can re-order the columns, but...
  6. Columns order in Windows 11 Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Columns order in Windows 11 Explorer: Hi AllI would like to see the following in Explorer for EVERY folder of my hard disk and network shares:File, Size, Date, TypeI tried to follow the instructions I found options-view-apply to all folders, but they only work with the current folder and sometimes not forever -...
  7. Columns order in Windows 11 Explorer

Columns order in Windows 11 Explorer: Hi AllI would like to see the following in Explorer for EVERY folder of my hard disk and network shares:File, Size, Date, TypeI tried to follow the instructions I found options-view-apply to all folders, but they only work with the current folder and sometimes not forever -...
  8. Permanently Changing Column Width in Windows Explorer Search

in Windows 10 Support
    Permanently Changing Column Width in Windows Explorer Search: Hello, I'm a long time dweller and first time poster. I've recently run into an issue where my windows 10 doesn't seem to remember my default column width after each search. In other words, each time I open This PC icon, and type in the upper right hand corner to do a search...
  9. The Order Of Programs Suddenly Changed!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    The Order Of Programs Suddenly Changed!: It has happened before too. But now I know when it happens. I've saved 4 image files on the desktop and sometimes after I realize that 2 of them went over the programs at the very left and the top. Wtf? submitted by /u/letumexordo [link] [comments]...
  10. Desktop: change icon autoarrange order from columns to rows

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop: change icon autoarrange order from columns to rows: Hello, I have an issue with the autoarrange of icons on the desktop. I like to organized my icons in rows and have several rows with different grouped icons. However, when I download new files to my desktop, their icons are automatically arranged in columns on the desktop,...