Windows 10: permanently delete autocomplete address bar drop down urls?

Discus and support permanently delete autocomplete address bar drop down urls? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; A few weeks ago Prakhar Kharem, MSN moderator, sent instructions to delete this browsing history drop down list from address bar in IE11, Win 10. All... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by klaro 1590, Nov 5, 2018.

1. permanently delete autocomplete address bar drop down urls?

A few weeks ago Prakhar Kharem, MSN moderator, sent instructions to delete this browsing history drop down list from address bar in IE11, Win 10. All worked well until today...all URLs reappeared, even some from several weeks ago.

Three times I've repeated the method to eliminate them: Win+run, 'inetcpl', content, unchecked auto complete settings, ok, apply, ok, restart. After a few minutes that darned list of every sight I visited recently reappears.

In IE settings I checked 'delete temp files immediately after' also but it does not seem to work either.

I use Windows 10, 64, version 1803, IE11 & Edge browsers on an HP desktop 260 a010z PC, 2017 model year.

Will appreciate any advice to get rid of those pesky URLs popping up. Don't want them!!

:)

klaro 1590, Nov 5, 2018

2. delete address bar history

-

Please do not ask this again as a new question.

You cannot completely "turn off" the Address Bar drop-down list.

This is the best you can do.

1. Internet Options> Content> AutoComplete> Settings, uncheck Address Bar

2. Access websites from File> Open or Ctrl+o. Don't type URLs into the Address Bar

3. Create an InPrivate shortcut to IE and always use that shortcut to open IE.

Create the shortcut to IE and use this as the Target...

"C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe" -private

4. Internet Options> Browsing History> check Delete browsing history on exit. Go to Settings and verify that History is checked and Preserve favorites website data is unchecked.

Don

Don Varnau, Nov 5, 2018
  3. brummyfan Win User
    IE11 address bar suggestions

Hi,
    Go to Internet Options, click Autocomplete Settings in Content tab, tick "Suggesting URLs" box and click OK.

permanently delete autocomplete address bar drop down urls? [​IMG]

brummyfan, Nov 5, 2018
  4. permanently delete autocomplete address bar drop down urls?

How do I remove an address in the autocomplete list in the Windows 10 mail app?

Original Title: windows 10 mail app auto complete error

How do I remove an address in the autocomplete list in the Windows 10 mail app? I have a name that appears in the autocomplete list that I don't see in my Peoples app; thus I'm not able to delete the
    name by going to the Peoples app. The suggested autocomplete address was never an active address thus I NEED remove it from the autocomplete list. It was never a correct address merely misspelled by someone and this is as result of a reply all occasion.

NettieJean, Nov 5, 2018
Thema:

permanently delete autocomplete address bar drop down urls?

1. permanently delete autocomplete address bar drop down urls? - Similar Threads - permanently delete autocomplete

2. Strange drop-down menu in Chrome address bar...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Strange drop-down menu in Chrome address bar...: ...which stops me from writing anything there. How do I get rid of this? The first thing on this menu is "Emoji". Very annoying, I think it was my little son who accidentally managed to enter a short commando and I cannot find any solution when I google this problem. Please...
  3. Enable Rich Address Bar Autocompletion Suggestions in Chrome browser

in Windows 10 News
    Enable Rich Address Bar Autocompletion Suggestions in Chrome browser: [ATTACH]Google Chrome is the world’s most popular web browsers that have lots of hidden […] This article Enable Rich Address Bar Autocompletion Suggestions in Chrome browser first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  4. Deleted email address still in drop down pick list Mail

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Deleted email address still in drop down pick list Mail: My people app is correct and only the appropriate email address is there. However, when I type a name in my TO line all the previous addresses show up as an option. I have reset my app, tested through gmail doesn't happen there, addresses are correct only in WLM. How do...
  5. Widows 10 drop down addresses

in Windows 10 Customization
    Widows 10 drop down addresses: How do I delete unwanted rogue email addresses that appear in the drop down list when I start typing an address in the To box, which are not in my contacts? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/widows-10-drop-down-addresses/08008516-7ed1-47bb-b494-a665fc8a023f
  6. Microsoft Edge: Paste URL into address bar

in Browsers and Email
    Microsoft Edge: Paste URL into address bar: Been using browsers since 1994's Netscape and never thought I would be asking such a question *Biggrin But... I am unable to paste a URL into the Microsoft Edge address bar. It appears the issue goes back > 4 years; and although I have searched extensively for a solution,...
  7. url address popups

in Windows 10 Customization
    url address popups: how can I turn off these pesky URL address boxes from appearing? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/url-address-popups/1bd88a53-21bb-42f9-8333-c19f60211592
  8. Outlook 2010 - Lost Autocomplete Addresses?

in Browsers and Email
    Outlook 2010 - Lost Autocomplete Addresses?: I have several IMAP accounts setup in Outlook 2010. Autocomplete for frequently used email addresses on creating a new message has been working fine. Two days ago, I set up a new Outlook email account using the new account wizard. This successfully configured a new Microsoft...
  9. Enable or Disable Microsoft Edge Address Bar Drop-down Suggestions

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Microsoft Edge Address Bar Drop-down Suggestions: How to: Enable or Disable Microsoft Edge Address Bar Drop-down Suggestions How to Enable or Disable Microsoft Edge Address Bar Drop-down Suggestions in Windows 10 Microsoft Edge is a new web browser that is available across the Windows 10 device family. It is designed...
  10. What directories get added to the File Explorer address bar drop down?

in Windows 10 Support
    What directories get added to the File Explorer address bar drop down?: There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason as to which directories get added to the file explorer address bar drop down. They are not the ones I have visited most recently, and they are not the ones I visit most frequently. 46006