Windows 10: Permanently delete default folders

Discus and support Permanently delete default folders in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Every time I delete these folders they keep coming back. I don't need them. How do I stop them from being restored?[ATTACH]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by RP23, Feb 29, 2020.

1. RP23 Win User

Permanently delete default folders

Every time I delete these folders they keep coming back. I don't need them. How do I stop them from being restored? Permanently delete default folders 927dfe2f-dbbe-4887-a993-5660852b50e6?upload=true.png

:)

2. Trouble deleting a folder

Thanks for the suggestion but it says "delete folder failed for E:\....." for each folder I try.

*Confused Permanently delete default folders :confused:

Will I be forever stuck with these unnecessary folders? *Oh Well Permanently delete default folders :eek:hwell:

oli_ramsay, Feb 29, 2020
  3. topgundcp Win User
    Unable to delete a folder - Invalid folder name

Suggestion:
    1. Run chkdsk x: /r to make sure that there's no HD corruption.
      x: is the drive containing the folder you want to delete.
    2. Try to delete the folder again. If still does not work, go to step 3.
    3. Download: Download - Linux Mint and create a bootable USB using: Rufus - Create bootable USB
    4. Boot up with Linux Mint and try to delete the folder again.
      NOTE: Unlike WinPE. Linux does not have any Windows permission imposed to it so it is easier to delete.

topgundcp, Feb 29, 2020
  4. Permanently delete default folders

How to permanently delete Library folders?

Hi Charles,

We would like to ask some questions for more information to know the best possible resolution to offer.

• Can you please be specific with the folders you are trying to delete?
    • Are you referring to the default folder or the sub folders?
    • Can you give us a screenshot instead of the folders you want to delete?

We look forward to your reply.

Jarius Tol, Feb 29, 2020
Thema:

Permanently delete default folders

1. Permanently delete default folders - Similar Threads - Permanently delete default

2. I permanently deleted some of default folder because of lack of knowledge like screenshot...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I permanently deleted some of default folder because of lack of knowledge like screenshot...: kindly help if there is another solution instead of system restore. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-permanently-deleted-some-of-default-folder/6320fd44-897d-4a67-a124-7d0c4e25f530
  3. I permanently deleted some of default folder because of lack of knowledge like screenshot...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I permanently deleted some of default folder because of lack of knowledge like screenshot...: kindly help if there is another solution instead of system restore. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-permanently-deleted-some-of-default-folder/6320fd44-897d-4a67-a124-7d0c4e25f530
  4. deleted a huge folder permanently , is there any to recover it ;

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    deleted a huge folder permanently , is there any to recover it ;: So like the title says, I deleted a HUGE folder, 128 gigabytes by ACCIDENT, and it erased everything on my computer and now I can’t get it back. Basically what happened was, I was backing up my phone to my computer and I wanted to back into my D: drive but I accidentally...
  5. deleted a huge folder permanently , is there any to recover it ;

deleted a huge folder permanently , is there any to recover it ;: So like the title says, I deleted a HUGE folder, 128 gigabytes by ACCIDENT, and it erased everything on my computer and now I can’t get it back. Basically what happened was, I was backing up my phone to my computer and I wanted to back into my D: drive but I accidentally...
  6. Undo New Folder Permanently Deletes Files

Undo New Folder Permanently Deletes Files: There's only one other mention of this problem, but the replies shrug off the problem with no real acknowledgement to how serious a flaw this is. If you create a new folder and paste files from an external device phone, camera, then hit undo, it'll undo the creation of the...
  7. Undo New Folder Permanently Deletes Files

Undo New Folder Permanently Deletes Files: There's only one other mention of this problem, but the replies shrug off the problem with no real acknowledgement to how serious a flaw this is. If you create a new folder and paste files from an external device phone, camera, then hit undo, it'll undo the creation of the...
  8. How to delete the Windows.old folder PERMANENTLY?

How to delete the Windows.old folder PERMANENTLY?: These two folders are annoying me, I'm unable to delete both of them. Both the folders are taking up too much space on the disk, around 5-6 GB. Whenever, I try to delete them permanently, I get a message that, you don't have the permissions because it's owned by the...
  9. Permanently delete the folders generated by windows10?

Permanently delete the folders generated by windows10?: How do you permanently delete the folders generated by windows10 such as 3D Objects, Documents, Downloads, Music, Pictures, Videos? I am sick of Windows10 defaulting to these folders. Basically I want to save files where I want to save them. I don't want an operating system...
  10. Names of permanently deleted files and folders.

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Names of permanently deleted files and folders.: is it possible to access Names of permanently deleted files in folder? I accidentaly removed lots of files in my downloads folder, as soon as TRIM is enabled on my SSD it was impossible for me to recover removed files, so I'm interested if its possible to see names of...