Windows 10: Permanently Disable Auto Restart on Windows 10 Home 20H2.

Discus and support Permanently Disable Auto Restart on Windows 10 Home 20H2. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have once again lost work and time because the absolute cancer that is Windows Update decided to restart while my PC was doing a bunch of work.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by StevenSaunders2, Jun 11, 2021.

1. Permanently Disable Auto Restart on Windows 10 Home 20H2.

I have once again lost work and time because the absolute cancer that is Windows Update decided to restart while my PC was doing a bunch of work. Seriously Microsoft, give advanced users a way to disable this. I restart and install updates every couple weeks manually. Up until a recent update I had been using a force-installed version of the Group Policy Editor Not enabled on Home by default for stupid reasons to disable auto restart, but today after noticing that a restart interrupted a bunch of encoding I was doing I went to check the setting in GPedit and it is completely missing now, GPe

:)

StevenSaunders2, Jun 11, 2021

2. Windows 10 auto restarts

"Between all suggestions, including the one there, there is nothing that has worked." I hate to sound reduntant but I just had to repeat myself since it still applies.
    An additional factore that may have bearing is that at some point my system converted to trying to boot off of my external drive if it is plugged in. Nothing has worked in attempting to resolve that issue either. As I said it may or may not have a bearing on the restart issue.*sarc

bobsscgirl, Jun 11, 2021
  3. pepanee Win User
    Windows 10 auto restarts

Supposedly this solution works: Disable automatic restart Windows 10 - Microsoft Community

I did those steps (going to gpedit.msc, etc..) because I want to disable the computer from auto-restarting. There is a bug in Windows 10.

I access my computer remotely sometimes from my phone. Yet if I'm not near the computer, and auto updates restarted the computer, then the computer isn't going to fully turn on! I have BitLocker enabled on my hard drive. This means that I need to be at the computer, locally, to type in the password, to start up the computer. Auto updates causes the computer to restart, yet BitLocker prevents it from fully starting back up. This issue needs to be reviewed by Microsoft for some solution in Windows 10.

But I found that link up there earlier today, and that is definitely a more preferred option, assuming that it works! I hope it does!

pepanee, Jun 11, 2021
  4. Permanently Disable Auto Restart on Windows 10 Home 20H2.

auto trivia restart script?

I know everyone is so busy here so I'm suggesting an auto restart script so trivia is a benefit instead of a burden. Can anyone make this script?

vectoravtech, Jun 11, 2021
Thema:

Permanently Disable Auto Restart on Windows 10 Home 20H2.

1. Permanently Disable Auto Restart on Windows 10 Home 20H2. - Similar Threads - Permanently Disable Auto

2. How to PERMANENTLY DISABLE Windows 10 Home updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to PERMANENTLY DISABLE Windows 10 Home updates: As the title suggests. I am running a custom Windows 10 Home ISO which I specifically removed as much Microsoft spying bloatware and malware from as possible. I knew good and well that a Microsoft update would absolutely ruin my custom Windows install, so I used tools such as...
  3. Windows 10 Home Auto Restart - disable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Home Auto Restart - disable: I am utilizing a Windows 10 System with 32 gigs to support my virtualbox test systems. Windows continues to restart ending those sessions without shutting them down. Thus, messing up my vitual machines. Any ideas to stop this other than buying another pro license?...
  4. Windows 10 Home Auto Restart - disable

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Home Auto Restart - disable: I am utilizing a Windows 10 System with 32 gigs to support my virtualbox test systems. Windows continues to restart ending those sessions without shutting them down. Thus, messing up my vitual machines. Any ideas to stop this other than buying another pro license?...
  5. Windows 10 Home Auto Restart - disable

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. Permanently disable auto-updates and restart on Window 10?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Permanently disable auto-updates and restart on Window 10?: Please instruct on how to permanently disable auto-update and restart for lab pc which needs to stay on unless told otherwise, operating system is Windows 10? I have tried other solutions which only worked partially or temporarily....
  7. Permanently disable auto-updates and restart on Window 10?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Permanently disable auto-updates and restart on Window 10?: Please instruct on how to permanently disable auto-update and restart for lab pc which needs to stay on unless told otherwise, operating system is Windows 10? I have tried other solutions which only worked partially or temporarily....
  8. Permanently disable auto-updates and restart on Window 10?

in Windows 10 Customization
  9. Permanently disable automatic restarts

in Windows 10 Customization
    Permanently disable automatic restarts: Once again, windows automatically restarted. This time I lost 2 days worth of work. I need to know how to permanently disable auto restart. I WILL decide when it is safe to reboot. Automatic updates are one thing, but this is a work computer. I need it to remaining running...
  10. Permanently disable Windows 10 Home Automatic Updates.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Permanently disable Windows 10 Home Automatic Updates.: Why does Microsoft block the ability to use the "Enable or Disable Automatic Updates using a REG file" capability in Windows 10 Home Edition? I have an aged self assembled pc running proprietary software that will not function beyond version 1511. Once again MS, the largest...