Windows 10: Permanently disable auto-updates and restart on Window 10?

Discus and support Permanently disable auto-updates and restart on Window 10? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Please instruct on how to permanently disable auto-update and restart for lab pc which needs to stay on unless told otherwise, operating system is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Jacopops, Jun 4, 2022.

1. Jacopops Win User

Permanently disable auto-updates and restart on Window 10?

Please instruct on how to permanently disable auto-update and restart for lab pc which needs to stay on unless told otherwise, operating system is Windows 10? I have tried other solutions which only worked partially or temporarily.

:)

Jacopops, Jun 4, 2022

2. Windows 10 auto restarts

"Between all suggestions, including the one there, there is nothing that has worked." I hate to sound reduntant but I just had to repeat myself since it still applies.
    An additional factore that may have bearing is that at some point my system converted to trying to boot off of my external drive if it is plugged in. Nothing has worked in attempting to resolve that issue either. As I said it may or may not have a bearing on the restart issue.*sarc

bobsscgirl, Jun 4, 2022
  3. pepanee Win User
    Windows 10 auto restarts

Supposedly this solution works: Disable automatic restart Windows 10 - Microsoft Community

I did those steps (going to gpedit.msc, etc..) because I want to disable the computer from auto-restarting. There is a bug in Windows 10.

I access my computer remotely sometimes from my phone. Yet if I'm not near the computer, and auto updates restarted the computer, then the computer isn't going to fully turn on! I have BitLocker enabled on my hard drive. This means that I need to be at the computer, locally, to type in the password, to start up the computer. Auto updates causes the computer to restart, yet BitLocker prevents it from fully starting back up. This issue needs to be reviewed by Microsoft for some solution in Windows 10.

But I found that link up there earlier today, and that is definitely a more preferred option, assuming that it works! I hope it does!

pepanee, Jun 4, 2022
  4. SirElrey Win User

How to disable Windows Update Permanently from Windows 10 OS?

Hi,

I would like to ask question on How to disable Windows Update Permanently from Windows 10 OS?

Already tried the following:

• Stop and Disable Windows Update from services.msc
    • Disable Windows Update from gpedit.msc

But once we restarted the Units, It will perform Windows Updates.

Some of our Applications are not working properly after these updates.

Thanks,

Elrey

SirElrey, Jun 4, 2022
Thema:

1. Permanently disable auto-updates and restart on Window 10? - Similar Threads - Permanently disable auto

2. Permanently disable auto-updates and restart on Window 10?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Permanently disable auto-updates and restart on Window 10?: Please instruct on how to permanently disable auto-update and restart for lab pc which needs to stay on unless told otherwise, operating system is Windows 10? I have tried other solutions which only worked partially or temporarily....
  3. Permanently disable auto-updates and restart on Window 10?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Permanently disable auto-updates and restart on Window 10?: Please instruct on how to permanently disable auto-update and restart for lab pc which needs to stay on unless told otherwise, operating system is Windows 10? I have tried other solutions which only worked partially or temporarily....
  4. Permanently stop auto updates on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Permanently stop auto updates on Windows 10: How can I permanently stop Windows from doing auto updates on Windows 10? I use it for my business and the updates have crashed my computer several times. The update installs take forever to complete and my computer is useless during these long periods.. I have done...
  5. Permanently Disable Auto Restart on Windows 10 Home 20H2.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Permanently Disable Auto Restart on Windows 10 Home 20H2.: I have once again lost work and time because the absolute cancer that is Windows Update decided to restart while my PC was doing a bunch of work. Seriously Microsoft, give advanced users a way to disable this. I restart and install updates every couple weeks manually. Up...
  6. Permanently disable automatic restarts

in Windows 10 Customization
    Permanently disable automatic restarts: Once again, windows automatically restarted. This time I lost 2 days worth of work. I need to know how to permanently disable auto restart. I WILL decide when it is safe to reboot. Automatic updates are one thing, but this is a work computer. I need it to remaining running...
  7. How do i permanently disable auto updates?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do i permanently disable auto updates?: Me computer constantly tries to "update" windows regardless of if the "update" works or not, it does this every time i turn it on and it makes booting up my pc take ages. Most of the time it says update failed undoing changes, but a few times it "successfully updated" and...
  8. windows update auto restarting even if disabled

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    windows update auto restarting even if disabled: My PC is auto restarting after an automatic windows update, even if the task (in task scheduler) "reboot" is disabled (under "Microsoft/Windows/UpdateOrchestrator"). Even if that task is disabled, it is running. I see "Last Run Time" is "2019-09-11". How to trully disable...
  9. Permanently disabling Windows 10 updates... permanently.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Permanently disabling Windows 10 updates... permanently.: I would like to know how to fully disable updates for windows 10. Not partially, not some arbitrary percentage, but COMPLETELY AND PERMANENTLY! I'm tired of having these updates crammed down my throat without even having a choice in the matter. I'm fully aware that this...
  10. how to disable on startup windows 10 updates NOT auto restart updates

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    how to disable on startup windows 10 updates NOT auto restart updates: my computer doesnt get forced to auto restart to install updates luckily but i sometimes only get them when i restart my computer or when i switch it off and turn it back on, thanks, i know there are a lot of tutorials out there but this is how to disable updates ON startup,...