Windows 10: permanently disable driver installations from Windows update

Discus and support permanently disable driver installations from Windows update in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi guys! I am running Windows 10 Pro 20H2. I have installed Windows at least 20 times over and over and followed the tutorials from the forum here to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by joker33, Dec 31, 2020.

1. joker33 Win User

permanently disable driver installations from Windows update

Hi guys! I am running Windows 10 Pro 20H2. I have installed Windows at least 20 times over and over and followed the tutorials from the forum here to stop driver updates and automatic updates. The purpose why I am doing this is to prevent Windows update from installing ancient drivers such as the "Intel System" drivers etc.. (7 drivers in total)! But even though I followed all the steps from the tutorials in this forum, there are still drivers slipping through.

Below I listed all the things I tried. For each method (and all methods combined), the driver updates still slip through!
    1. Disable driver installation in the "device installation settings".
    2. Disable driver installation via group policy (gpedit)
    3. Set automatic driver updates to "option 2" (gpedit). This doesn't change anything though. I don't get asked before downloading/installing drivers/updates.
    4. Disable driver installation by running the regedit script from this forum
    5. Delete Windows Update Medic Service permanently and disable "Windows Update Service" and "Update Orchestrator Service". Then I set them temporarily to "manual" while installing non-driver updates. I try to accomplish this by running the Windows Update Hide Tool. After hiding all driver updates, I let non-driver updates being installed by Windows update. But all those ancient Intel drivers still slip through - despite them being hidden by the hide tool. WHY????
    6. I tried WAU manager. This program also failed. Drivers still get installed by Windows update.

Please help me to permanently disable those driver installations from Windows update! I am desperate!

:)

joker33, Dec 31, 2020

2. Windows 7 wont install drivers

i dont think anyone here understands what your asking either when its nearly a 90% english dominated Tech forum.
    Step 1
    reinstall windows from scratch
    Step 2
    install all drivers from the cd that came with the god damn motherboard *common sense*
    Step 3
    update windows
    Step 4
    install misc etc crap like flash java etc etc
    Step 5
    Install GPU drivers
    Step 6
    go back to using your pc without issue.

crazyeyesreaper, Dec 31, 2020
  3. Windows 7 wont install drivers

+1

If you having an issue installing a driver that worked before you formatted or wont install on a fresh build, sometimes this means hardware damage

brandonwh64, Dec 31, 2020
  4. Mussels Win User

[Windows 10] hide/prohibit install of specific Windows Update

try both. disable the group policy, uninstall the windows update/driver - and then use the tool to stop it downloading again.

Mussels, Dec 31, 2020
Thema:

1. permanently disable driver installations from Windows update - Similar Threads - permanently disable driver

2. Windows Update disabled permanently .

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Update disabled permanently .: can anyone helpe me out of this? how to disable windows update permanently in windows 10. because my system automatic restarts. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-update-disabled-permanently/cc5378a0-ad16-4044-8ccc-19a705ff67f4
  3. Windows Update disabled permanently .

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Update disabled permanently .: can anyone helpe me out of this? how to disable windows update permanently in windows 10. because my system automatic restarts. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-update-disabled-permanently/cc5378a0-ad16-4044-8ccc-19a705ff67f4
  4. Windows Update disabled permanently .

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Permanent disabled driver reinforcment signature

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Permanent disabled driver reinforcment signature: Hello lately i tried to play some games which have anti cheats such as eazy ac and vanguard ac, and it always crachesh becauze my driver reinforcment signature is disabled i tried everything like i was going in advanced restart but i only saw option to disable them. i also...
  6. Permanently disable windows driver updates

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Permanently disable windows driver updates: Hi guys! I am running Windows 10 Pro 20H2. I have installed Windows at least 20 times over and over and following different tutorials to stop driver updates and automatic updates. The purpose why I am doing this is to prevent Windows update from installing ancient drivers...
  7. Permanently disabled windows updates

Permanently disabled windows updates: How can I permanently disable windows updates? I have a 2 year old Dell that, when I delete the updates, runs like a top. As soon as updates are installed, it slows to the point where it's barely usable. I do not wish to use the updates but you've taken away my ability to...
  8. Permanently Disable Updates

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Permanently Disable Updates: I almost never shutdown my PC or restart as I use it a a lot. I usually just put it into hibernate. The every few weeks that I do shut it down I always am forced to go through with a Windows update. No matter how much I search or disable stuff I can not figure out any way to...
  9. Permanently disabling Windows 10 updates... permanently.

Permanently disabling Windows 10 updates... permanently.: I would like to know how to fully disable updates for windows 10. Not partially, not some arbitrary percentage, but COMPLETELY AND PERMANENTLY! I'm tired of having these updates crammed down my throat without even having a choice in the matter. I'm fully aware that this...
  10. Permanently Disable Driver Signing Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Permanently Disable Driver Signing Windows 10: Try this: Disable driver signature enforcement permanently in Windows 10 I have tried all of that. Since the Anniversary update, it seems impossible to permanently do (see the comments on that article). Has anyone else had any luck? Many thanks.