Windows 10: Permanently Disable or Delete Windows Compatibility Telemetry

Discus and support Permanently Disable or Delete Windows Compatibility Telemetry in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I disabled "microsoft compatible telemetry" a while ago. Today as my computer text input was lagging, I opened up Task Manager to see "microsoft... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by justinCTU, Oct 15, 2023.

1. justinCTU Win User

Permanently Disable or Delete Windows Compatibility Telemetry

I disabled "microsoft compatible telemetry" a while ago. Today as my computer text input was lagging, I opened up Task Manager to see "microsoft compatible telemetry" running and using large percentage of CPU.I confirmed that it was disabled and gave the last run time as 2021. Under triggers, even though some are disabled, there is still one left. I am unable to edit these triggers. The only option I see remaining is to delete the task entirely. Will this cause problems?

:)

justinCTU, Oct 15, 2023

2. Permanently delete Microsoft Compatibility Telemetry

I followed this instructions:

Redirecting
    Microsoft Compatibility telemetry still triggers itself

I want it to permanently delete it from the computer.

Nicolas SANTORSOLA, Oct 15, 2023
  3. Permanently Disabling Windows Compatibility Telemetry

Hello,

In Task Manager, I often see the Windows Compatibility Telemetry process running in the background and unnecessarily creating CPU usage. Can you explain how to permanently turn off the telemetry?

vlad978123., Oct 15, 2023
  4. Permanently Disable or Delete Windows Compatibility Telemetry

Permanently Disabling Windows Compatibility Telemetry

Hi Vlad,

The Windows Compatibility Telemetry is a service in Windows 10 which contains technical data on how the device and its related software is working. It periodically sends the data to
    Microsoft for future improvement of the system and to enhance the user experience. To sort out your concern, you may disable this service from the
    Task Scheduler by following the steps below:

• Click Start, type Task Scheduler, and then press
      Enter.
    • On the TaskScheduler window, go to this path:
      Task Scheduler Library\Microsoft\Windows\Application Experience.
    • On the Application Experience folder, look for Microsoft Compatibility Appraiser.
    • Right-click on it, select Disable and then confirm to complete the process.
    • Once you’re done, you may check if the issue persists.

Keep us updated about your concern for additional assistance regarding your concern.

Joseph Ban, Oct 15, 2023
Thema:

Permanently Disable or Delete Windows Compatibility Telemetry

1. Permanently Disable or Delete Windows Compatibility Telemetry - Similar Threads - Permanently Disable Delete

2. Permanently Disable or Delete Windows Compatibility Telemetry

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Permanently Disable or Delete Windows Compatibility Telemetry: I disabled "microsoft compatible telemetry" a while ago. Today as my computer text input was lagging, I opened up Task Manager to see "microsoft compatible telemetry" running and using large percentage of CPU.I confirmed that it was disabled and gave the last run time as...
  3. Permanently Disable or Delete Windows Compatibility Telemetry

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Permanently Disable or Delete Windows Compatibility Telemetry: I disabled "microsoft compatible telemetry" a while ago. Today as my computer text input was lagging, I opened up Task Manager to see "microsoft compatible telemetry" running and using large percentage of CPU.I confirmed that it was disabled and gave the last run time as...
  4. Permanently delete Microsoft Compatibility Telemetry

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Permanently delete Microsoft Compatibility Telemetry: I followed this instructions: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/permanently-disabling-windows-compatibility/6bf71583-81b0-4a74-ae2e-8fd73305aad1 Microsoft Compatibility telemetry still triggers itselfI want it to permanently delete it from the computer....
  5. Permanently delete Microsoft Compatibility Telemetry

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Permanently delete Microsoft Compatibility Telemetry: I followed this instructions: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/permanently-disabling-windows-compatibility/6bf71583-81b0-4a74-ae2e-8fd73305aad1 Microsoft Compatibility telemetry still triggers itselfI want it to permanently delete it from the computer....
  6. Permanently delete Microsoft Compatibility Telemetry

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. How to disable Microsoft Compatibility Telemetry on Windows 8.1?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to disable Microsoft Compatibility Telemetry on Windows 8.1?: How to disable Microsoft Compatibility Telemetry on Windows 8.1? Please note that it is Windows 8.1 eight point one and that "Task Scheduler" is not found after searching for it on Windows 8.1 so the previously posted "solution" does not work for me....
  8. How to disable Microsoft Compatibility Telemetry on Windows 8.1?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to disable Microsoft Compatibility Telemetry on Windows 8.1?: How to disable Microsoft Compatibility Telemetry on Windows 8.1? Please note that it is Windows 8.1 eight point one and that "Task Scheduler" is not found after searching for it on Windows 8.1 so the previously posted "solution" does not work for me....
  9. Disabling Telemetry

in Windows 10 Customization
    Disabling Telemetry: I purchased a Windows 10 Pro license and feel strongly that as a paying customer rather than someone that was "gifted" a copy of the Home edition when I bought my laptop, I should have a degree of control over the operating system. I've disabled telemetry every time W10 is...
  10. How can I permanently turn off Microsoft Compatibility Telemetry?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How can I permanently turn off Microsoft Compatibility Telemetry?: Hi. I have a laptop with Windows 10 Pro and want to permanently turn off Microsoft Compatibility Telemetry because it consumes a lot of resources. I already tried disabling 3 tasks from the Task Scheduler: Application Experience, Autochk and Customer Experience Improvement...