Windows 10: Permanently Disable Sound from a specific program

Discus and support Permanently Disable Sound from a specific program in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a program that I use for work and I constantly have to mute it during a Zoom call with a client because of the annoying video's that pop up... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Nater3796, May 27, 2020.

1. Nater3796 Win User

Permanently Disable Sound from a specific program

I have a program that I use for work and I constantly have to mute it during a Zoom call with a client because of the annoying video's that pop up during the presentation. When I mute it I have to click a bunch of buttons to get through it and during that time I can't hear my clients. I tried using the mixer but it's a new window that pops up each time a video is played... so it works but I would have to do that every time and it's not easier that muting everything. I need a permanent solution to prevent that program from ever accessing sound. Ever! I don't need it to make sound! I need it permanently turned off, please!

:)

Nater3796, May 27, 2020

2. Grant a specific application permanent UAC permission

Hello jaksps,

In line with your concern, User Account Control doesn't have a "allowed-or-blocked" list and disabling the User Account Control involves security risks. Though, there is a workaround to run a program without UAC prompt using Task Scheduler. I'd recommend
    performing the steps suggested by SpiritX MS MVP in this
    thread

Looking forward to your response.

Regards.

Melchizedek Qui, May 27, 2020
  3. cadaveca Win User
    Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue Permanently Disable Sound from a specific program :p

cadaveca, May 27, 2020
  4. Permanently Disable Sound from a specific program

Disable beep sound when plugging/unplugging laptop charger

I would suggest you to follow the steps and check if it helps.

Disable the PC Speakers and check if it helps.

• Right click on Sound Icon in the task bar and go to Playback devices.
    • Select Speaker and click on properties.
    • Go to Levels tab, and mute (or you can reduce it) PC Speaker and check if it helps.

Vanan Iyer, May 27, 2020
Thema:

Permanently Disable Sound from a specific program

1. Permanently Disable Sound from a specific program - Similar Threads - Permanently Disable Sound

2. Sound not playing from specific programs

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sound not playing from specific programs: Over the last few days I've had an issue on and off where some of my programs haven't been playing sound through my headphones , which are wired if that helps, the only help I've been able to find is to update my drivers which I already have and nothing happened, also as of...
  3. Sound not playing from specific programs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sound not playing from specific programs: Over the last few days I've had an issue on and off where some of my programs haven't been playing sound through my headphones , which are wired if that helps, the only help I've been able to find is to update my drivers which I already have and nothing happened, also as of...
  4. Sound not playing from specific programs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How to permanently disable system sounds?

How to permanently disable system sounds?: I've tried lowering the volume in the mixer as well as muting the audio with the icon at the bottom. The sound setting changes back to being unmuted and at full volume at random times, often without me restarting my computer at all. For instance if I put those settings as...
  6. How to disable spatial sound permanently?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to disable spatial sound permanently?: Hi, when I turn on my headset, it select Windows Sonic from spatial sound automatically and I don't want that, I want it to be default. What should I do? is there is any way to disable that? or can I delete Windows Sonic form my system? Because I couldn't find it with the...
  7. Is there a way to disable UAC for a specific program?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a way to disable UAC for a specific program?: So I have programs that I use often, but they trigger UAC notifications. Without disabling UAC entirely, is there a way to not have the UAC notification pop up for that program? submitted by /u/Goodperson5656 [link] [comments]...
  8. Disable notification sounds from specific app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disable notification sounds from specific app: What else do I need to do to make this stupid OS behave like I tell it? [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disable-notification-sounds-from-specific-app/5139c73b-509c-4521-9df7-f728e897b059
  9. Disabling a specific program from accessing my microphone

Disabling a specific program from accessing my microphone: I recently bought Killer Instinct on Steam and found out your microphone is always on in the lobbies. There is no way to mute myself in game other than not using my mic at all I want to use my mic on other chatting apps like Discord while I play the game, but the game is...
  10. Is there a Regedit to Disable/Enable a specific sound device?

Is there a Regedit to Disable/Enable a specific sound device?: I just got the Logitech G933 headset and I love it for the most part. One really annoying thing is that it seems everytime I boot my computer, to get my headset to work on Windows 10, I need to Disable/Enable my headset through the Recording devices area of the Control Panel....