Windows 10: permanently disable update in windows 10

Discus and support permanently disable update in windows 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi to all My supervisor ask me to permanent disable updates in windows 10. After a search i fount this Step1 services.msc Windows UpdateStop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by VaggelisRoidoulis, Apr 9, 2021.

1. permanently disable update in windows 10

Hi to all

My supervisor ask me to permanent disable updates in windows 10.

After a search i fount this

Step1

services.msc

Windows UpdateStop

Startup type -> Disable

Restoration -> No action

Step 2

gpedit.msc

Computer settings -> Management templates ->Windows components -> Windows UpdateAutomatic Updates Detection Frequency -> Off

After this i didn't receive updates for some time.

Before a couple of weeks some laptops make again windows update

Is there any way to stop permanent me computers to make update in Windows 10??

Thanks and regards.

:)

VaggelisRoidoulis, Apr 9, 2021
  2. SirElrey Win User

How to disable Windows Update Permanently from Windows 10 OS?

Hi,

I would like to ask question on How to disable Windows Update Permanently from Windows 10 OS?

Already tried the following:

• Stop and Disable Windows Update from services.msc
    • Disable Windows Update from gpedit.msc

But once we restarted the Units, It will perform Windows Updates.

Some of our Applications are not working properly after these updates.

Thanks,

Elrey

SirElrey, Apr 9, 2021
  3. EpsylonDH Win User
    How do I PERMANENTLY disable Window Ink for Windows 10 Pro 1803

I tried it, and after restarting the changes I made to these services persisted, but the "Use Windows Ink" box checked itself again... I tried unchecking it and restarting again for a double check, no effect :/

Still, thanks for the suggestion.

EpsylonDH, Apr 9, 2021
  4. topgundcp Win User

permanently disable update in windows 10

Permanently Disable Windows Defender?

Since this is a TP. The option to turn off/disable Windows Defender is grayed out. However, you can turn off by:

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/5...dows-10-a.html

1. Open Admin Command Prompt and type: gpedit.msc
    2. Manoeuver to: Computer Configuration->Administrative Templates->Windows Components->Windows Defender
    3. Double click on "Turn Off Windows Defender" and select "Enabled" then click "Apply"

WARNING: After turn off "Windows Defender", you might not be able to turn it back on. I suggest before trying this, make a backup image so you can restore to the way it was.

permanently disable update in windows 10 [​IMG]

topgundcp, Apr 9, 2021
Thema:

permanently disable update in windows 10

1. permanently disable update in windows 10 - Similar Threads - permanently disable update

2. Permanently fix/disable updates - Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Permanently fix/disable updates - Windows 10: I've been looking for an answer to this for ages. I know this has been asked a lot before but I couldn't fix it in any way.My issue: when restarting to update, it goes to 99%, then fails and goes "undoing changes". Which takes a long time. I've been like this for over a year...
  3. Windows Update disabled permanently .

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Update disabled permanently .: can anyone helpe me out of this? how to disable windows update permanently in windows 10. because my system automatic restarts. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-update-disabled-permanently/cc5378a0-ad16-4044-8ccc-19a705ff67f4
  4. Windows Update disabled permanently .

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Update disabled permanently .: can anyone helpe me out of this? how to disable windows update permanently in windows 10. because my system automatic restarts. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-update-disabled-permanently/cc5378a0-ad16-4044-8ccc-19a705ff67f4
  5. Windows Update disabled permanently .

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. Is there a way to permanently disable Windows 10 updates?

Is there a way to permanently disable Windows 10 updates?: Hello, I have been having issues with windows updates as I have a 2GB/day data limit I usually pause the updates but after pausing I can`t seem to pause it permanently with methods on internet and updates resume eating my data limit. Is there a way to permanently disable the...
  7. Permanently disabled windows updates

Permanently disabled windows updates: How can I permanently disable windows updates? I have a 2 year old Dell that, when I delete the updates, runs like a top. As soon as updates are installed, it slows to the point where it's barely usable. I do not wish to use the updates but you've taken away my ability to...
  8. Permanently Disable Updates

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Permanently Disable Updates: I almost never shutdown my PC or restart as I use it a a lot. I usually just put it into hibernate. The every few weeks that I do shut it down I always am forced to go through with a Windows update. No matter how much I search or disable stuff I can not figure out any way to...
  9. Permanently disabling Windows 10 updates... permanently.

Permanently disabling Windows 10 updates... permanently.: I would like to know how to fully disable updates for windows 10. Not partially, not some arbitrary percentage, but COMPLETELY AND PERMANENTLY! I'm tired of having these updates crammed down my throat without even having a choice in the matter. I'm fully aware that this...
  10. permanently disable windows 10 update app

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    permanently disable windows 10 update app: Is there an app that permanently disables windows 10 updates? The GPEDIT and SERVICES disable are not fully bullet proof Appreciate help if anyone knows how? Cheers 102671