Windows 10: Permanently Disable Web Cache

Discus and support Permanently Disable Web Cache in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I've seen some threads from over 2 years ago on this topic and would like to know if there is a current solution to this problem. Whenever I run... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by mitrajoon, Jul 14, 2018.

1. mitrajoon Win User

Permanently Disable Web Cache

I've seen some threads from over 2 years ago on this topic and would like to know if there is a current solution to this problem. Whenever I run CCleaner I end up with tons of "cache" files. Nothing seems to stop them and repeated cleanings make no difference. I hope someone can point to a simple (I'm not a computer person) way to stop MS from collecting and distributing this data. This is the link from 2 years ago: Disable WebCacheV01.dat Solved - Windows 10 Forums

:)

mitrajoon, Jul 14, 2018

2. Disable Web Search Results in Windows 10 Start Menu

Hi Taira,

Disabling web results in the search box depends on the version and build of your Windows 10. We suggest checking the Windows 10 version and build installed on your computer. To check the version and build, follow the steps below:

• On Cortana search, type winver and press
      Enter
    • A pop-up box will appear containing the version and build of your operating system.

Meanwhile, you can try these steps on how to disable web results in the search box:

• Click the search box in the taskbar.
    • Select the Notebook icon
      Permanently Disable Web Cache a0c1fa7c-1198-4621-a19b-ece827a34a33.png

in the left pane.
    • Click Settings from the list.
    • In the Settings page, turn off the Cortana can give you suggestions, ideas, reminders, alerts and more option.
    • Also, turn off the Search online and include web results option.

If you need further assistance, don't hesitate to reach out.

Gerard Qui, Jul 14, 2018
  3. Carlo Fer Win User
    Disable Store and Web search in Start Menu

Hello
    SystemSupport346,

Since the steps above did not work for you, we suggest that you disable web search by navigating the settings of Cortana itself. Please follow the steps below:

• Open the search box in the taskbar.
    • Click the Notebook icon.
    • Click Settings from the list.
    • On the Settings page, turn off the Cortana can give me suggestions, ideas, reminders, alerts and more option.
    • Turn off the Search online and include web results. See screenshot below:

Permanently Disable Web Cache 4b6583c8-efc0-4f9f-a9a0-4ce531f271db?upload=true.png

Hope this information helps you. Feel free to post back if you need further assistance.

Carlo Fer, Jul 14, 2018
  4. Permanently Disable Web Cache

How to disable Airplane mode permanently on Windows 10?

Hi Hunky,

As you are facing issues with turning on or off Airplane on your device, do not worry we will help you with this issue.

Do let us know if you have made any changes to the operating system prior to this issue?

The option you are looking for to permanently disable Airplane mode is unfortunately not available.

Let us try few of the below troubleshooting steps to disable Airplane mode and check if it helps.

Step 1: To turn off Airplane mode from Settings and check.

• Press Windows key, click on Settings
      from the left pane.
    • Click on Network & Internet.
    • Under Airplane mode turn it off and check.

Step 2: To Turn On or Off Airplane Mode in Network Notification Area Icon

• Click on the Network icon in the taskbar notification area.

• Click on the Airplane mode button to toggle on or off.

Step 3: To Turn On or Off Airplane Mode in Action Center

• Open Action Center by clicking Windows + A keys from keyboard.

• Click on the Airplane mode quick action button to toggle on or off.

If the settings are not refining, this issue might have occurred due to corrupted/ missing system files.

Step 4: I suggest you to run SFC scan and check if it helps.

System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files. If a
    Windows Resource Protection (WRP) file is missing or is corrupted, Windows may not behave as expected.

Follow the below steps:

• Right click on the Start button, click on
      Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type “sfc /scannow” without the quotes and hit
      Enter.
    • After the scan, restart the computer and check for the issue.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with updated status of disabling the Airplane mode for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Jul 14, 2018
Thema:

Permanently Disable Web Cache

1. Permanently Disable Web Cache - Similar Threads - Permanently Disable Web

2. Disable Copilot PERMANENTLY

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disable Copilot PERMANENTLY: I've tried every fix I've found to disable copilot in Windows 10, and several have worked temporarily, but the next day it's back on. What is causing this , and how do I stop it? My next step is to stop using anything Microsoft....
  3. Wifi "permanently" disabled???

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wifi "permanently" disabled???: Hello,I am currently encountering a weird problem with my laptop that did not happen until earlier today. For unknown reasons, my wifi cannot be turned on. When I attempt to enable, it gets stuck, and then disables itself again. I'm not sure what to do. Any help would be...
  4. Wifi "permanently" disabled???

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi "permanently" disabled???: Hello,I am currently encountering a weird problem with my laptop that did not happen until earlier today. For unknown reasons, my wifi cannot be turned on. When I attempt to enable, it gets stuck, and then disables itself again. I'm not sure what to do. Any help would be...
  5. disable DoNotDisturb permanently

in Windows 10 Gaming
    disable DoNotDisturb permanently: Every answer just points to the obvious On/Off button. Using this just reverts to On after only a short time. Someone please give a permanent solution with EXACT instructions if a Registry edit is needed....
  6. disable DoNotDisturb permanently

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    disable DoNotDisturb permanently: Every answer just points to the obvious On/Off button. Using this just reverts to On after only a short time. Someone please give a permanent solution with EXACT instructions if a Registry edit is needed....
  7. Permanently Disable Updates

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Permanently Disable Updates: I almost never shutdown my PC or restart as I use it a a lot. I usually just put it into hibernate. The every few weeks that I do shut it down I always am forced to go through with a Windows update. No matter how much I search or disable stuff I can not figure out any way to...
  8. Permanently Disable Web Cache

in Browsers and Email
    Permanently Disable Web Cache: I've seen some threads from over 2 years ago on this topic and would like to know if there is a current solution to this problem. Whenever I run CCleaner I end up with tons of "cache" files. Nothing seems to stop them and repeated cleanings make no difference. I hope someone...
  9. Disabling Write Cache on Drive

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Disabling Write Cache on Drive: Hi, I have seen in Event Viewer a Warning saying it is Recommended to Disable Write Cache on "DR2". - How to identify which Drive is that DR2? - Should I indeed disable the Write Cache as recomended by Windows? Thank you. 58268
  10. Benefits of Disabling Cache

in Windows 10 Support
    Benefits of Disabling Cache: Hi Friends, I wanted to know what the benefits of disabling cache are? Thanks in advance.*Biggrin 46030

Users found this page by searching for:

1. disable webcache

2. windows disable webcache