Windows 10: Permanently disable Windows 10 Home Automatic Updates.

Discus and support Permanently disable Windows 10 Home Automatic Updates. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Why does Microsoft block the ability to use the "Enable or Disable Automatic Updates using a REG file" capability in Windows 10 Home Edition? I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ghamer3545, Jun 14, 2019.

1. Permanently disable Windows 10 Home Automatic Updates.

Why does Microsoft block the ability to use the "Enable or Disable Automatic Updates using a REG file" capability in Windows 10 Home Edition? I have an aged self assembled pc running proprietary software that will not function beyond version 1511. Once again MS, the largest purveyor of malware, hacked my pc and upgraded it to the current version (1903). Once again I had to waste valuable time restoring the pc to version 1511 and fixing what MS broke. This has happened on every version since 1511. I am disgusted with MS's god almighty attitude. The only additional security I need is to stop MS. Please give me a method to permanently accomplish this.

:)

ghamer3545, Jun 14, 2019
  2. DaveM121 Win User

how to permanently disable windows 10 automatic updates,

Hi Ezequíaz, complete the 3 steps below to permanently stop Windows 10 Automatic Updates:

Open the Settings App

Go to Accounts - Sign-in Options

Choose to sign in with a Local Account rather than a Microsoft Account.

In the Settings App

Go to Network and Internet

Set your WiFi connection as Metered

Click your Start Button, type services and hit ENTER

Scroll down the list of services to find Windows Update

Double click the service

If it has started, click 'Stop'

Then you must set its startup type to 'Disabled' - 'Manual' will not do!

Restart your PC

That's It!

DaveM121, Jun 14, 2019
  3. Jetster Win User
    Jetster, Jun 14, 2019
  4. Drone Win User

Permanently disable Windows 10 Home Automatic Updates.

[Guide] Disabling Windows 10 Automatic updates and "spyware"

Hide Windows Updates or driver updates

Your Windows 10 PC gets the latest updates automatically. In rare cases, a driver or update might cause issues with your PC. To keep the update from reinstalling automatically, download this troubleshooter, it will let you hide the problematic updates.

Drone, Jun 14, 2019
Thema:

Permanently disable Windows 10 Home Automatic Updates.

1. Permanently disable Windows 10 Home Automatic Updates. - Similar Threads - Permanently disable Home

2. Permanently disabling Windows 10 updates... permanently.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Permanently disabling Windows 10 updates... permanently.: I would like to know how to fully disable updates for windows 10. Not partially, not some arbitrary percentage, but COMPLETELY AND PERMANENTLY! I'm tired of having these updates crammed down my throat without even having a choice in the matter. I'm fully aware that this...
  3. How do I permanently disable automatic updates?

How do I permanently disable automatic updates?: I had 17 tabs open in an Incognito tab all about different things for my jeep. I've been trying to work on it and it's taken me a few days to get all the information I need so I can mess with the headlights, jack, and a couple of other things without the fear of messing...
  4. HOW TO DISABLE AUTOMATIC DRIVER UPDATE IN WINDOWS 10 HOME

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HOW TO DISABLE AUTOMATIC DRIVER UPDATE IN WINDOWS 10 HOME: New updated driver doesn't work smoothly for my laptop. So, Is there any way to disable automatic driver update (PERMANENTLY) when I update window's cumulative/security update?...
  5. Windows 10 Automatic Updates && Not being able to disable them permanently

Windows 10 Automatic Updates && Not being able to disable them permanently: Hi Microsoft, Lets get one thing straight. ***I*** own my computer and ****I**** decide what it does or does not do. I am beyond sick of having your fingers in my operating system telling me I *HAVE* to update windows. I've seen many people write similar posts about this...
  6. How to Disable Windows Updates Permanently?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to Disable Windows Updates Permanently?: How do I PERMANENTLY disable windows 10 updates? I disabled the windows update service in March after 1709 updated and crashed my (6 month old stock) system. The only recourse I had was to reset it which resulted in a great loss of my personal files. After that fiasco I...
  7. How to PERMANENTLY disable windows updates???

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to PERMANENTLY disable windows updates???: I'm fucking sick and tired of this shit company fucking up everything. They keep making nonsense updates with shit nobody wants. I disabled windows update a long time ago from the registry thing and I though that was the end of it. Now microsoft has somehow ignored that and...
  8. permanantly disable/distrupt windows updates

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    permanantly disable/distrupt windows updates: Hello, Turned off windows updates in services but recently windows has found a back door into my mining rigs and turned the service back on without warning. Anybody know how to contact Microsoft legal team for a pending lawsuit? This wrecks havoc on my entire system...
  9. permanently disable windows 10 update app

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    permanently disable windows 10 update app: Is there an app that permanently disables windows 10 updates? The GPEDIT and SERVICES disable are not fully bullet proof Appreciate help if anyone knows how? Cheers 102671
  10. Windows 10 Home cannot disable automatic "app" updates?

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Home cannot disable automatic "app" updates?: I don't use these garbage "apps", nor do I have a Microsoft Account attached to my computer. Why am I forced to update these bloatware, preinstalled "apps" automatically? [img] 15544