Windows 10: Permanently disable Windows 10 Home Automatic Updates.

Discus and support Permanently disable Windows 10 Home Automatic Updates. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Why does Microsoft block the ability to use the "Enable or Disable Automatic Updates using a REG file" capability in Windows 10 Home Edition? I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ghamer3545, Jun 14, 2019.

1. Permanently disable Windows 10 Home Automatic Updates.

Why does Microsoft block the ability to use the "Enable or Disable Automatic Updates using a REG file" capability in Windows 10 Home Edition? I have an aged self assembled pc running proprietary software that will not function beyond version 1511. Once again MS, the largest purveyor of malware, hacked my pc and upgraded it to the current version (1903). Once again I had to waste valuable time restoring the pc to version 1511 and fixing what MS broke. This has happened on every version since 1511. I am disgusted with MS's god almighty attitude. The only additional security I need is to stop MS. Please give me a method to permanently accomplish this.

:)

ghamer3545, Jun 14, 2019
  2. DaveM121 Win User

how to permanently disable windows 10 automatic updates,

Hi Ezequíaz, complete the 3 steps below to permanently stop Windows 10 Automatic Updates:

Open the Settings App

Go to Accounts - Sign-in Options

Choose to sign in with a Local Account rather than a Microsoft Account.

In the Settings App

Go to Network and Internet

Set your WiFi connection as Metered

Click your Start Button, type services and hit ENTER

Scroll down the list of services to find Windows Update

Double click the service

If it has started, click 'Stop'

Then you must set its startup type to 'Disabled' - 'Manual' will not do!

Restart your PC

That's It!

DaveM121, Jun 14, 2019
  3. Jetster Win User
    Jetster, Jun 14, 2019
  4. Drone Win User

Permanently disable Windows 10 Home Automatic Updates.

[Guide] Disabling Windows 10 Automatic updates and "spyware"

Hide Windows Updates or driver updates

Your Windows 10 PC gets the latest updates automatically. In rare cases, a driver or update might cause issues with your PC. To keep the update from reinstalling automatically, download this troubleshooter, it will let you hide the problematic updates.

Drone, Jun 14, 2019
Thema:

Permanently disable Windows 10 Home Automatic Updates.

1. Permanently disable Windows 10 Home Automatic Updates. - Similar Threads - Permanently disable Home

2. How to PERMANENTLY DISABLE Windows 10 Home updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to PERMANENTLY DISABLE Windows 10 Home updates: As the title suggests. I am running a custom Windows 10 Home ISO which I specifically removed as much Microsoft spying bloatware and malware from as possible. I knew good and well that a Microsoft update would absolutely ruin my custom Windows install, so I used tools such as...
  3. How to PERMANENTLY DISABLE Windows 10 Home updates

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to PERMANENTLY DISABLE Windows 10 Home updates: As the title suggests. I am running a custom Windows 10 Home ISO which I specifically removed as much Microsoft spying bloatware and malware from as possible. I knew good and well that a Microsoft update would absolutely ruin my custom Windows install, so I used tools such as...
  4. How to PERMANENTLY DISABLE Windows 10 Home updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. How do I permanently disable automatic Windows 10 Updates?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I permanently disable automatic Windows 10 Updates?: Today I before I left for work, I had several tabs in two different programs open, with unsaved work that I hadn't finished yet. I closed my laptop to put it into sleep mode, came back 6 hours later, and Windows had gracefully updated against my will and deleted a lot of...
  6. How do I permanently disable automatic Windows 10 Updates?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I permanently disable automatic Windows 10 Updates?: Today I before I left for work, I had several tabs in two different programs open, with unsaved work that I hadn't finished yet. I closed my laptop to put it into sleep mode, came back 6 hours later, and Windows had gracefully updated against my will and deleted a lot of...
  7. How do I permanently disable automatic Windows 10 Updates?

8. Permanently disable automatic restarts

in Windows 10 Customization
    Permanently disable automatic restarts: Once again, windows automatically restarted. This time I lost 2 days worth of work. I need to know how to permanently disable auto restart. I WILL decide when it is safe to reboot. Automatic updates are one thing, but this is a work computer. I need it to remaining running...
  9. Disable or remove Windows 10 automatic update software permanently.

Disable or remove Windows 10 automatic update software permanently.: I have no reason to update Windows 10, literally no reason at all, screw security updates, I know how to be secure on Windows even with the Anti-Virus and Firewall disabled. I would like for Windows to not to reboot my laptop while I still have google chrome incognito tabs...
  10. Permanently disabling Windows 10 updates... permanently.

Permanently disabling Windows 10 updates... permanently.: I would like to know how to fully disable updates for windows 10. Not partially, not some arbitrary percentage, but COMPLETELY AND PERMANENTLY! I'm tired of having these updates crammed down my throat without even having a choice in the matter. I'm fully aware that this...