Windows 10: Permanently disable windows driver updates

Discus and support Permanently disable windows driver updates in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi guys! I am running Windows 10 Pro 20H2. I have installed Windows at least 20 times over and over and following different tutorials to stop driver... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/joker33q, Dec 31, 2020.

1. Permanently disable windows driver updates

Hi guys! I am running Windows 10 Pro 20H2. I have installed Windows at least 20 times over and over and following different tutorials to stop driver updates and automatic updates. The purpose why I am doing this is to prevent Windows update from installing ancient drivers such as the "Intel System" drivers etc.. (7 drivers in total)! But even though I followed all the steps from various tutorials, there are still drivers slipping through.

Below I listed all the things I tried. For each method (and all methods combined), the driver updates still slip through!

1. Disable driver installation in the "device installation settings".
    2. Disable driver installation via group policy (gpedit)
    3. Configure automatic driver updates in group policies and set it to "option 2" ("ask before downloading and installing updates"). This doesn't change anything though. I don't get asked before downloading drivers/updates.
    4. Disable driver installation via regedit (see details at the end of this post)
    5. Delete Windows Update Medic Service permanently and disable "Windows Update Service" and "Update Orchestrator Service". Then I set "Windows Update Service" and "Update Orchestrator Service" temporarily to "manual" while installing non-driver updates. I try to accomplish this by running the Windows Update Hide Tool. After hiding all driver updates, I let non-driver updates being installed by Windows update. But all those ancient Intel drivers still slip through - despite them being hidden by the hide tool. WHY???? How is this possible?
    6. I tried WAU manager. This program also failed. Drivers still get installed by Windows update.

Please help me to permanently disable those driver installations from Windows update! I am desperate!

Regedit changes I did to disable driver updates:[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\PolicyManager\current\device\Update]"ExcludeWUDriversInQualityUpdate"=dword:00000001[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\PolicyManager\default\Update]"ExcludeWUDriversInQualityUpdate"=dword:00000001

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\PolicyManager\default\Update\ExcludeWUDriversInQualityUpdate]"value"=dword:00000001

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\WindowsUpdate\UX\Settings]"ExcludeWUDriversInQualityUpdate"=dword:00000001

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\WindowsUpdate]"ExcludeWUDriversInQualityUpdate"=dword:00000001

submitted by /u/joker33q
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/joker33q, Dec 31, 2020
  2. Gino Des Win User

disable driver signature enforcement

Hi Barbara,

To resolve this issue, let's use the command prompt to disable driver signature enforcement permanently on your computer. To disable, follow the steps below:

• Click the Start button.
    • On the search bar, type Command Prompt and then right-click
      Command Prompt
      in the results.
    • Select Run as Administrator, and then select Yes.
    • On the command prompt, enter bcdedit.exe /set nointegritychecks on and press
      Enter.
    • Restart your computer.

Note: Doing this step will disable driver signature enforcement permanently and will make your computer vulnerable to driver issues.

Keep us updated with the results.

Gino Des, Dec 31, 2020
  3. otronics Win User
    Permanently Disable Driver Signing Windows 10

I have tried all of that.

Since the Anniversary update, it seems impossible to permanently do (see the comments on that article).

Has anyone else had any luck?

Many thanks.

otronics, Dec 31, 2020
  4. EpsylonDH Win User

Permanently disable windows driver updates

How do I PERMANENTLY disable Window Ink for Windows 10 Pro 1803

I tried it, and after restarting the changes I made to these services persisted, but the "Use Windows Ink" box checked itself again... I tried unchecking it and restarting again for a double check, no effect :/

Still, thanks for the suggestion.

EpsylonDH, Dec 31, 2020
Thema:

Permanently disable windows driver updates

1. Permanently disable windows driver updates - Similar Threads - Permanently disable driver

2. Windows Update disabled permanently .

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Update disabled permanently .: can anyone helpe me out of this? how to disable windows update permanently in windows 10. because my system automatic restarts. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-update-disabled-permanently/cc5378a0-ad16-4044-8ccc-19a705ff67f4
  3. Windows Update disabled permanently .

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Update disabled permanently .: can anyone helpe me out of this? how to disable windows update permanently in windows 10. because my system automatic restarts. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-update-disabled-permanently/cc5378a0-ad16-4044-8ccc-19a705ff67f4
  4. Windows Update disabled permanently .

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Permanent disabled driver reinforcment signature

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Permanent disabled driver reinforcment signature: Hello lately i tried to play some games which have anti cheats such as eazy ac and vanguard ac, and it always crachesh becauze my driver reinforcment signature is disabled i tried everything like i was going in advanced restart but i only saw option to disable them. i also...
  6. permanently disable driver installations from Windows update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    permanently disable driver installations from Windows update: Hi guys! I am running Windows 10 Pro 20H2. I have installed Windows at least 20 times over and over and followed the tutorials from the forum here to stop driver updates and automatic updates. The purpose why I am doing this is to prevent Windows update from installing...
  7. Permanently disabled windows updates

Permanently disabled windows updates: How can I permanently disable windows updates? I have a 2 year old Dell that, when I delete the updates, runs like a top. As soon as updates are installed, it slows to the point where it's barely usable. I do not wish to use the updates but you've taken away my ability to...
  8. Permanently Disable Updates

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Permanently Disable Updates: I almost never shutdown my PC or restart as I use it a a lot. I usually just put it into hibernate. The every few weeks that I do shut it down I always am forced to go through with a Windows update. No matter how much I search or disable stuff I can not figure out any way to...
  9. Permanently disabling Windows 10 updates... permanently.

Permanently disabling Windows 10 updates... permanently.: I would like to know how to fully disable updates for windows 10. Not partially, not some arbitrary percentage, but COMPLETELY AND PERMANENTLY! I'm tired of having these updates crammed down my throat without even having a choice in the matter. I'm fully aware that this...
  10. Permanently Disable Driver Signing Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Permanently Disable Driver Signing Windows 10: Try this: Disable driver signature enforcement permanently in Windows 10 I have tried all of that. Since the Anniversary update, it seems impossible to permanently do (see the comments on that article). Has anyone else had any luck? Many thanks.