Windows 10: Permanently disable Windows Update Service

Discus and support Permanently disable Windows Update Service in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello, is there a way to permanently disable Windows Update Service? disable Windows Update Service (turns back to Manual and starts the service..)... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/sindsie, May 10, 2020.

1. Permanently disable Windows Update Service

Hello, is there a way to permanently disable Windows Update Service?

• disable Windows Update Service (turns back to Manual and starts the service..)
    • Disable in group policies
    • created Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\AU Key and "AUOptions:2"

I am pretty sure there is a scheduled Task somewhere in the mess of default tasks. Can't find it though.

This is really annoying, as I only start Windows to play one game, and I lose one match each time because I have to alt tab to disable the service. Because the service starts and is probably searching for updates and scanning the PC for installed updates, it causes the frames to go <5fps on a high-end machine for 2 minutes.

Thanks.

submitted by /u/sindsie
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/sindsie, May 10, 2020
  2. EpsylonDH Win User

How do I PERMANENTLY disable Window Ink for Windows 10 Pro 1803

I tried it, and after restarting the changes I made to these services persisted, but the "Use Windows Ink" box checked itself again... I tried unchecking it and restarting again for a double check, no effect :/

Still, thanks for the suggestion.

EpsylonDH, May 10, 2020
  3. How can I disable Background intelligent transfer service (Permanently)?

BITS is one of the crucial services to download Windows Updates. Disabling this service will interrupt Windows Updates installation which is not recommended. Here, there is no permanent way to disable Background Intelligence Transfer Service. However, I would suggest to you follow the steps below and check if it reduces CPU utilization.

Method 1: Install all the latest Windows Updates.

Method 2: Try Clean Boot

Special Note: After troubleshooting, refer to this section How to reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting

I hope this helps definitely

For more details -How do I permanantly disable BITS (Background Intelligent Trasfer Service)?

gemmahandcock, May 10, 2020
  4. Permanently disable Windows Update Service

How do I PERMANENTLY disable Window Ink for Windows 10 Pro 1803

This should disable automatic updates permanently:

1. Stop & disable the Windows Update service.
    2. Stop & disable the Windows Modules Installer service.
    3. Reboot.
    4. Check if these two services are still disabled.
    Warning: Disabling these services will prevent you from getting virus pattern file updates.

Frederik Long, May 10, 2020
Thema:

Permanently disable Windows Update Service

1. Permanently disable Windows Update Service - Similar Threads - Permanently disable Update

2. How to disable windows update service permanently?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to disable windows update service permanently?: I try to disable permanently the windows update service but it doesn't work. I have tried to disable it from the registry editor following the path HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\Windows Update and from services but neither of these two work. Could you...
  3. How to disable windows update service permanently?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to disable windows update service permanently?: I try to disable permanently the windows update service but it doesn't work. I have tried to disable it from the registry editor following the path HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\Windows Update and from services but neither of these two work. Could you...
  4. Windows Update disabled permanently .

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Update disabled permanently .: can anyone helpe me out of this? how to disable windows update permanently in windows 10. because my system automatic restarts. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-update-disabled-permanently/cc5378a0-ad16-4044-8ccc-19a705ff67f4
  5. How to permanently disable Windows Update? Already tried Services.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to permanently disable Windows Update? Already tried Services.: Hi all. I took the chance and asked one of the "experts" on this Microsoft website, Services has been checked already and I have disabled the ones related to Windows Updates, but it didn't seem to help AT ALL. My PC still prompts me to update windows and I still can only...
  6. How to permanently disable Windows Update? Already tried Services.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to permanently disable Windows Update? Already tried Services.: Hi all. I took the chance and asked one of the "experts" on this Microsoft website, Services has been checked already and I have disabled the ones related to Windows Updates, but it didn't seem to help AT ALL. My PC still prompts me to update windows and I still can only...
  7. How to permanently disable Windows Update? Already tried Services.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. Permanently disable Antimalware Service executable?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Permanently disable Antimalware Service executable?: I have Windows 10 Home, so the Group Policy edit isn't possible. The usual registry hack doesn't work in newer versions of Windows. Is there anything else that can be done? PS. I know that disabling it is a bad idea security wise, and I'm okay with it because my priority...
  9. Permanently disabling Windows 10 updates... permanently.

Permanently disabling Windows 10 updates... permanently.: I would like to know how to fully disable updates for windows 10. Not partially, not some arbitrary percentage, but COMPLETELY AND PERMANENTLY! I'm tired of having these updates crammed down my throat without even having a choice in the matter. I'm fully aware that this...
  10. Permanently disable windows update medic service & turn off updates

Permanently disable windows update medic service & turn off updates: Hi~ I need a way to disable the windows updates. I hate updates & I'm really sick of having updates forced on me with all this technology. I had the update feature shut off for years. I only turned it on if I needed something vital then shut it back off. Last September,...