Windows 10: Permanently enable number lock

Discus and support Permanently enable number lock in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; There's this bug in excel where when you double click a cell it toggles number lock. Apparently there's no way to turn this off. Was wondering if... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Medium_Inspector2696, May 23, 2022.

1. Permanently enable number lock

There's this bug in excel where when you double click a cell it toggles number lock. Apparently there's no way to turn this off. Was wondering if there's a way at the OS level to permanently enable num loc? I've found instructions on how to enable it on startup, but that doesn't persist and it still gets toggled off in excel.

submitted by /u/Medium_Inspector2696
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Medium_Inspector2696, May 23, 2022
  2. HansL55 Win User

How to set Number Lock key to be permanently ON

I have a Dell 17" 3000 series I7 laptop that works fine but for the fact is has no Number Lock light (bizarre) so you never know if the Number Lock is on or off. While the laptop always starts with Number Lock - ON, my poor typing often turns it off, only
    to find I'm typing somewhere in a document I didn't want to, which is very frustrating.

I'm looking to either:

1) permanently set the key to ON so that multiple pressing of the key will always cause it to be ON, or

2) permanently disable the key as the BIOS presumably sets this key to ON upon start-up (assuming such a permanent disabling still allows the BIOS to set it to ON upon start-up).

Dell technical support couldn't help me and I'd prefer to tweak the BIOS or Windows, than try unproven add-on software.

Any suggestions would be most welcome.

HansL55, May 23, 2022
  3. bro67 Win User
    Number lock

Some motherboards allow the NumLock to be sticky on, You can use the following Registry Edit to have Windows keep it enabled. Enable NumLock on the Windows 10 Login screen/Lock screen It should stay enabled with the proper entry. Make sure you do not use the Windows 7 entry.

bro67, May 23, 2022
  4. Permanently enable number lock

num lock permanently on

I would like Num Lock to be permanently ON. Even when I accidently hit the Num Lock key I would like it to stay on.

Is there a way to enable this? ie. I don't want the Num Lock key do anything at all. I want to ALWAYS use the number pad for numbers. Never for arrows etc.

DavidddddZZ, May 23, 2022
Thema:

Permanently enable number lock

1. Permanently enable number lock - Similar Threads - Permanently enable number

2. Enable permanent caps lock

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Enable permanent caps lock: I have a PC with Windows 10, use it with remote desktop. Because i use it for only 1 software i always have need caps lock enable. Is there a way to leave enabled caps lock? Thanks...
  3. Enable permanent caps lock

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Enable permanent caps lock: I have a PC with Windows 10, use it with remote desktop. Because i use it for only 1 software i always have need caps lock enable. Is there a way to leave enabled caps lock? Thanks...
  4. Enable permanent caps lock

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. permanently enable numlock?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    permanently enable numlock?: i've enabled numlock at startup by editing the registry and disabling fast startup without realizing it was only to toggle it on at startup (which it was already doing). how can i prevent numlock from disabling entirely? i've been looking for a while and it's for a problem in...
  6. BSOD from changing number of processors and enabling PCI lock

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD from changing number of processors and enabling PCI lock: Was messing around with my msconfig settings and got stuck on BSOD for a while. Found a fix that doesn't require resetting and thought it might be useful to share. From BSOD, access recovery mode and get to the command prompt. Enter in CMD: bcdedit /deletevalue...
  7. the Number lock

the Number lock: My computer keeps turning off the number lock during startup or restart and after an update. How can I fix that? is there a way to use command Prompt to keep it turned on all the time?...
  8. How to set Number Lock key to be permanently ON

How to set Number Lock key to be permanently ON: I have a Dell 17" 3000 series I7 laptop that works fine but for the fact is has no Number Lock light bizarre so you never know if the Number Lock is on or off. While the laptop always starts with Number Lock - ON, my poor typing often turns it off, only to find I'm typing...
  9. Number lock

in Windows 10 Support
    Number lock: Ever since I got my new computer hard drive and the most current Windows 10, my number lock key on keyboard's right panel defaults to scroll lock after each boot up. I'd like it to default to number lock, as that's the only way I use these number keys, and often, so would be...
  10. Number Lock

Number Lock: I have an HP Pavilion Laptop. It's a Core i5 with 64bit Operating System. CPU 2.30GHz Windows 10 I have had various niggly little things go wrong after Window/Microsoft updates. 1. I seem to have found a solution to this one only. On the F6 key there's a little LED...