Windows 10: Permanently hide, "hidden" tray icon(s)?

Discus and support Permanently hide, "hidden" tray icon(s)? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; [img] I want it to run in the background, I just dont want to be able to see it there, is there maybe a registry key I can edit to make that happen?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ReallyFrustratd, Sep 25, 2020.

1. Permanently hide, "hidden" tray icon(s)?

Permanently hide, "hidden" tray icon(s)? [​IMG]

I want it to run in the background, I just dont want to be able to see it there, is there maybe a registry key I can edit to make that happen? Or some other solution?

:)

ReallyFrustratd, Sep 25, 2020

2. Permanently hide, "hidden" tray icon(s)?

I want it to run in the background, I just don’t want to be able to see it there, is there maybe a registry key I can edit to make that happen? Or some other solution?

ReallyFrustratd, Sep 25, 2020
  3. bbgun21 Win User
    How to permanently hide a "hidden" system tray icon?

Hi, I'm not sure if this is question is applicable to this forum because I own Windows 7, but seeing how the system tray features are similar between Windows 10 and 7, I thought of asking in hopes that someone can help.

I have a few applications that are left working in the background on my system. These are applications that I almost never open. These applications are running in the background, and they have a system tray icon in the lower right corner of the screen.

The applications are set to 'Hide icons and notifications' within the notification settings, but as you can see here, they are still visible in the system tray, even when set to hidden.

What I wish to do is to remove these icons, and only icons from the system tray, while they're still running in the background so that I can properly hide them.

I tried looking for an option in their UI to see if I could disable them from showing in the system tray, but nothing came up.

bbgun21, Sep 25, 2020
  4. Csquared Win User

Permanently hide, "hidden" tray icon(s)?

Hide tray icons

Is there some way to hide some of my tray icons until i click on the "show hidden icons" down arrow in windows 10. My options seem to be either show or don't show.

Csquared, Sep 25, 2020
Thema:

Permanently hide, "hidden" tray icon(s)?

1. Permanently hide, "hidden" tray icon(s)? - Similar Threads - Permanently hide hidden

2. duplicate hidden icons in system tray

in Windows 10 Gaming
    duplicate hidden icons in system tray: How do I get rid of these duplicate icons in the hidden icons area of the system tray? I tried right clicking and selecting exit but nothing happens. I'd like to prevent future occurrences as well. Running Windows 11 Home....
  3. duplicate hidden icons in system tray

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    duplicate hidden icons in system tray: How do I get rid of these duplicate icons in the hidden icons area of the system tray? I tried right clicking and selecting exit but nothing happens. I'd like to prevent future occurrences as well. Running Windows 11 Home....
  4. Hide an icon in the tray menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hide an icon in the tray menu: How can i hide an Icon from the Tray menu the arrow on the taskbar on the right bottom, i just want to remove one icon there but the program itself doesnt have a setting for thati know that there is a "Notification Area Icons" in the old control panel but if i want to hide an...
  5. Hide an icon in the tray menu

Hide an icon in the tray menu: How can i hide an Icon from the Tray menu the arrow on the taskbar on the right bottom, i just want to remove one icon there but the program itself doesnt have a setting for thati know that there is a "Notification Area Icons" in the old control panel but if i want to hide an...
  6. Hide an icon in the tray menu

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Missing hidden icons in the hidden icon tray.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Missing hidden icons in the hidden icon tray.: Good evening! I have noticed that I have something running on my computer in the hidden icon tray that is always invisible. I have deleted and refreshed my windows explorer icon memory in the registry editor and restarted the windows explorer in the process manager, yet...
  8. How to permanently hide a "hidden" system tray icon?

How to permanently hide a "hidden" system tray icon?: Hi, I'm not sure if this is question is applicable to this forum because I own Windows 7, but seeing how the system tray features are similar between Windows 10 and 7, I thought of asking in hopes that someone can help. I have a few applications that are left working in the...
  9. Permanently hiding system tray icon

Permanently hiding system tray icon: Hey all, I was looking for a way to hide a certain program's system tray icon. If I use the built in hiding option it still shows when I click the arrow, which is not what I want. I want to completely hide it (stealth). I've been looking for programs to do this but they're...
  10. Hide tray icons

in Windows 10 Support
    Hide tray icons: Is there some way to hide some of my tray icons until i click on the "show hidden icons" down arrow in windows 10. My options seem to be either show or don't show. [img] 18419