Windows 10: Permanently lock task bar to right screen with multiple user accounts?

Discus and support Permanently lock task bar to right screen with multiple user accounts? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; On my home PC I run 2 screens, and also 2 user accounts, one for my wife and I and one for my son. When it's logged into my account, I always keep the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by PatrickGSR94, Mar 29, 2019.

1. Permanently lock task bar to right screen with multiple user accounts?

On my home PC I run 2 screens, and also 2 user accounts, one for my wife and I and one for my son. When it's logged into my account, I always keep the task bar locked to the right screen, because I run CAD and 3D design software on my left screen (left screen set to primary) and prefer to have the maximum resolution height on that screen. Plus it's what I'm used to at the office.

Problem is that whenever my son switches to his profile, and then I switch back to mine, the task bar ends up on the left screen again. I have tried setting it to the right screen on BOTH profiles, locking, but still at every single login of either profile, the task bar ends up on the left screen.

Is there anything I can do here? Having to unlock the TB, move it and then re-lock it every single time I log in is super annoying!

:)

PatrickGSR94, Mar 29, 2019

2. Cannot modify Task Bar settings

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will be happy to assist you.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if the issue persists.

• Right click on the Task Bar.
    • Uncheck the option " Lock the Taskbar."

Hope this helps.

Arvind Ram, Mar 29, 2019
  3. Isha Soni Win User
    User accounts disappeared on the lock screen

Hi,

Thanks for posting your query to Microsoft forum. I will certainly help you with this.

I would suggest you to start the computer with hidden admin.

Safe mode is a diagnostic mode for Windows that starts your computer in a limited state. Only the basic files and drivers necessary to run Windows are started. This helps us in identifying whether the issue is due to some third party
    programs conflict. The word Safe mode appear in the concern of your monitor to identify which windows mode you are using.

Step 1: Safe mode

• Type settings in search and click on Settings.
    • Click Update and recovery, and then tap or
      click Recovery.
    • Under Advanced startup, tap or click Restart now.
    • Once your PC restarts, on the Choose an option screen, tap or click
      Troubleshoot.
    • If you don't see the Startup Settings option, tap or click advanced options.
    • Tap or click Startup Settings.
    • Tap or click Restart.
    • On the Startup Settings screen, choose the Safe Mode.
    • Sign in to your PC with a user account that has administrator rights.

Step 2: Active hidden admin account

• Press Windows + R key on the keyboard.
    • Type cmd in the run bar.
    • In Command Prompt type this command: net user administrator /active:yes
    • Press Enter and Restart the computer.
    Try to create new user account now.

If you are able to do so deactivate the hidden admin account.

For that follow the step :

• Press Windows + R key on the keyboard.
    • Type cmd in the run bar.
    • In Command Prompt type this command: net user administrator /active:no
    • Press Enter and Restart the computer.

Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to help you further.

Thanks & Regards,

Isha Soni, Mar 29, 2019
  4. Permanently lock task bar to right screen with multiple user accounts?

task bar

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Please follow the below step:

• Right click on the task bar and check if the option "Lock the taskbar" is unchecked.
    • If it is check, I request you to unchecked it.
    • Now drag the taskbar down.

I hope this helps you. If you have any further queries, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Amit(Kumar), Mar 29, 2019
Thema:

Permanently lock task bar to right screen with multiple user accounts?

1. Permanently lock task bar to right screen with multiple user accounts? - Similar Threads - Permanently lock task

2. Task Bar is Locked

in Windows 10 Customization
    Task Bar is Locked: I am unable to use task bar using either mouse or touch pad. Can't even get to options to power down or restart computer. Any suggestions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/task-bar-is-locked/3a58d89e-ceac-4ecb-873c-421c51ee556b
  3. Task Bar is Locked

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task Bar is Locked: I am unable to use task bar using either mouse or touch pad. Can't even get to options to power down or restart computer. Any suggestions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/task-bar-is-locked/3a58d89e-ceac-4ecb-873c-421c51ee556b
  4. Task Bar is Locked

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Permanently delete User Account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Permanently delete User Account: Keep asking this with no reply. Someone, somehow, accessed my laptop and put a local user account on it. I use Windows 10. I've tried the conventional way to delete it by going to Setting, Family and other users, then deleting the account but every time I restart my...
  6. Setting Permanent LOCK SCREEN

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Setting Permanent LOCK SCREEN: How can I set a permanent lock screen picture on my windows 10 computer? I have a specific picture that I want to always be the lock screen but every time I play a song on Groove Music, the computer automatically changes the lock screen image to whatever picture is associated...
  7. task bar on right side, not bottom of screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    task bar on right side, not bottom of screen: OK, recent "upgrades" moved the task bar to the side. Tried to get used to it, but requires more clicks, is a hassle for me. Called MS support, agent came onto my computer, put task bar back to bottom. Tried to follow what he did, could not duplicate. I said, will it stay...
  8. Permanently Disable Lock Screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Permanently Disable Lock Screen: I got a new laptop and it had some undesired behavior: After 5 minutes of being left unattended it returns to the lock screen where I have to sign in again. I cannot watch movies or anything else because the unattended pc goes to the lock screen after 5 minutes. I...
  9. multiple user accounts on sign in screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    multiple user accounts on sign in screen: I just purchased a refurbished Dell 5050 with Windows 10 Pro. It shows 3 accounts on sign in screen even though only one account shows in Local Users & Groups (which is the correct one I set up after Windows started). 2 of the accounts have the same correct name and 1 has the...
  10. Permanently lock taskbar to right screen with multiple user accounts?

in Windows 10 Support
    Permanently lock taskbar to right screen with multiple user accounts?: On my home PC I run 2 screens, and also 2 user accounts, one for my wife and I and one for my son. When it's logged into my account, I always keep the task bar locked to the right screen, because I run CAD and 3D design software on my left screen (left screen set to primary)...