Windows 10: Permanently lock taskbar to right screen with multiple user accounts?

Discus and support Permanently lock taskbar to right screen with multiple user accounts? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; On my home PC I run 2 screens, and also 2 user accounts, one for my wife and I and one for my son. When it's logged into my account, I always keep the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by PatrickGSR94, Mar 29, 2019.

1. Permanently lock taskbar to right screen with multiple user accounts?

On my home PC I run 2 screens, and also 2 user accounts, one for my wife and I and one for my son. When it's logged into my account, I always keep the task bar locked to the right screen, because I run CAD and 3D design software on my left screen (left screen set to primary) and prefer to have the maximum resolution height on that screen. Plus it's what I'm used to at the office.

Problem is that whenever my son switches to his profile, and then I switch back to mine, the task bar ends up on the left screen again. I have tried setting it to the right screen on BOTH profiles, locking, but still at every single login of either profile, the task bar ends up on the left screen.

Is there anything I can do here? Having to unlock the TB, move it and then re-lock it every single time I log in is super annoying!

:)

PatrickGSR94, Mar 29, 2019

2. Taskbar Issue with Multiple Monitors

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. We understand the inconvenience caused and will assist you.

Please share the information below:

• Are you using a Local Account or a Microsoft Account?
    • What is the make and model of your PC?

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Right click on the Taskbar and select Properties.
    • Check if the option for Lock the Taskbar and Auto-hide the taskbar
      are ticked.
    • If they are ticked then uncheck the option for Auto-hide the taskbar.

Also, suggest you to update the Display driver by following the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X, select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapters.
    • Right click on the driver and select Update Driver Software.
    • Follow the on-screen prompts to update.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to
    write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Mar 29, 2019
  3. Arun B J Win User
    How do you remove the taskbar from bottom of the screen.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern with regards to remove the lock of taskbar and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Right click on Taskbar.

• Select properties.

• Uncheck the box lock the taskbar and check if it helps.

• And move it to the top or right or left of the screen.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Mar 29, 2019
  4. Permanently lock taskbar to right screen with multiple user accounts?

Windows 10 Taskbar sometimes on top of full-screen applications

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to change the Screen Resolution and check if this helps. Follow the steps below to do the same:

• Press ‘Windows ’ key on the keyboard.
    • In the search box, type Settings
    • SelectSystem > Display > Advanced display settings.
    • Under Resolution, select a new value. We suggest you stick with the resolution marked
      "(Recommended)”.
    Also try locking and then unlocking the Taskbar and check if this helps. Follow the steps below:

• Right-click an empty space on the taskbar.
    • If Lock the Taskbar has a check mark next to it, the taskbar is locked.
    • If it does not have a check mark, click Lock the Taskbar.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Andria Maria Mendez, Mar 29, 2019
Thema:

Permanently lock taskbar to right screen with multiple user accounts?

1. Permanently lock taskbar to right screen with multiple user accounts? - Similar Threads - Permanently lock taskbar

2. Multiple taskbar on a screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Multiple taskbar on a screen: Guys, Please, can u advise about this? Sometimes i see multiple taskbars on a screen, they dissapear when i move mouse. I am using w10home, 64bit. Thank you. [img] 175899
  3. Permanently delete User Account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Permanently delete User Account: Keep asking this with no reply. Someone, somehow, accessed my laptop and put a local user account on it. I use Windows 10. I've tried the conventional way to delete it by going to Setting, Family and other users, then deleting the account but every time I restart my...
  4. Multiple User Accounts ???

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Multiple User Accounts ???: While trying to fix Windows 10 spotlight I noticed several user accounts in my settings. I am the only one who uses this laptop, why do I see FIVE 5 user. Tried to delete and says it states I cannot delete because is is receiving inheriting properties from another account....
  5. Setting Permanent LOCK SCREEN

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Setting Permanent LOCK SCREEN: How can I set a permanent lock screen picture on my windows 10 computer? I have a specific picture that I want to always be the lock screen but every time I play a song on Groove Music, the computer automatically changes the lock screen image to whatever picture is associated...
  6. Multiple Users Accounts in Multiple Computers

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Multiple Users Accounts in Multiple Computers: Hi, My name is David Gebert, I am in charge of setting up a new system for my local fire department that I am a member of. We will be installing 2 new desktops, 2 laptops, plus the current 2 laptops we own. We are also planning on adding about 3-6 more computers or...
  7. multiple user accounts

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    multiple user accounts: I am having issues with adding a second user account to my pc. Every time I log back in to my account administrator after the other user has been logged in, I have multiple issues. They seem to be caused by changes to settings, though the other user does not change other...
  8. Permanently Disable Lock Screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Permanently Disable Lock Screen: I got a new laptop and it had some undesired behavior: After 5 minutes of being left unattended it returns to the lock screen where I have to sign in again. I cannot watch movies or anything else because the unattended pc goes to the lock screen after 5 minutes. I...
  9. multiple user accounts on sign in screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    multiple user accounts on sign in screen: I just purchased a refurbished Dell 5050 with Windows 10 Pro. It shows 3 accounts on sign in screen even though only one account shows in Local Users & Groups (which is the correct one I set up after Windows started). 2 of the accounts have the same correct name and 1 has the...
  10. Permanently lock task bar to right screen with multiple user accounts?

in Windows 10 Support
    Permanently lock task bar to right screen with multiple user accounts?: On my home PC I run 2 screens, and also 2 user accounts, one for my wife and I and one for my son. When it's logged into my account, I always keep the task bar locked to the right screen, because I run CAD and 3D design software on my left screen (left screen set to primary)...