Windows 10: Permanently removing/disabling DTS from Windows and its association with sound drivers

Discus and support Permanently removing/disabling DTS from Windows and its association with sound drivers in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello,ever since the 20H2 update, all audio playback in all applications, regardless of video playback or just plain audio has some major issues where... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by SW_777, May 9, 2021.

1. SW_777 Win User

Permanently removing/disabling DTS from Windows and its association with sound drivers

Hello,ever since the 20H2 update, all audio playback in all applications, regardless of video playback or just plain audio has some major issues where the playback stops every few seconds, pauses for a second and restarts, similar to switching to another audio device in mid-playback. I have tried different devices, different drivers for these devices, all the regular means of troubleshooting sound issues or driver issues but it seems to all come down to some issue with DTS or Windows sound improvements altogether. But there is no way to remove DTS from the system in general, there is also no

:)

SW_777, May 9, 2021
  2. Monk.e83 Win User

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, May 9, 2021
  3. bsletu Win User
    Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

Its working fine with windows 8.1 64bit . Dont need enable driver enforce when you restart computer.

Step 1 : Copy file RTKVHD64.sys ( Driver mod ) to folder Vista64 in orginal driver .
    Step 2 : Enable Driver Signature Enforcement
    Step 3 : Setup Driver from step 1 , Dont Restart .
    Step 4 : Turn on DTS 5.1 format .
    Step 5 ; Disable Driver Realtek in Driver manager
    Step 6 : Copy file RTKVHD64.sys ( original Driver ) in Vista 64 (Original Driver ) to C:\system 32\Drivers
    Step 7 : Restart computer then enable driver realtek in Driver manager .
    DTS 5.1 disappear in format sounds but it still working . You dont need change format sound.

Permanently removing/disabling DTS from Windows and its association with sound drivers Untitled_zpsedb93c8a.png

bsletu, May 9, 2021
  4. felipaopl Win User

Permanently removing/disabling DTS from Windows and its association with sound drivers

Wait, but have you done the whole step-by-step guide described in the OP? DDL/DTS isn't supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 either, unless if you do the steps listed there.

felipaopl, May 9, 2021
Thema:

1. Permanently removing/disabling DTS from Windows and its association with sound drivers - Similar Threads - Permanently removing disabling

2. How to permanently disable system sounds?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to permanently disable system sounds?: I've tried lowering the volume in the mixer as well as muting the audio with the icon at the bottom. The sound setting changes back to being unmuted and at full volume at random times, often without me restarting my computer at all. For instance if I put those settings as...
  3. Permanently disable windows driver updates

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Permanently disable windows driver updates: Hi guys! I am running Windows 10 Pro 20H2. I have installed Windows at least 20 times over and over and following different tutorials to stop driver updates and automatic updates. The purpose why I am doing this is to prevent Windows update from installing ancient drivers...
  4. permanently disable driver installations from Windows update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    permanently disable driver installations from Windows update: Hi guys! I am running Windows 10 Pro 20H2. I have installed Windows at least 20 times over and over and followed the tutorials from the forum here to stop driver updates and automatic updates. The purpose why I am doing this is to prevent Windows update from installing...
  5. How to disable Edge or permanently remove it.

How to disable Edge or permanently remove it.: Hello. The new Edge was installed on my machine. I didn't ask for it. I don't want it. It even did put an icon on my taskbart. I consider that very obtrusive. MS has put some great effort to discourage this, which only fuels my desire to get rid of it. What's the best way...
  6. Dts Sound issue

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Dts Sound issue: I updated my windows to the new version of 2004 . I own the laptop Asus Tuf gaming FX505DT. It has pre installed DTS Headphone software. With the new update i was not able to control the DTS audio and it is making really fussy noise and is not at all good. Please help me to...
  7. How to disable spatial sound permanently?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to disable spatial sound permanently?: Hi, when I turn on my headset, it select Windows Sonic from spatial sound automatically and I don't want that, I want it to be default. What should I do? is there is any way to disable that? or can I delete Windows Sonic form my system? Because I couldn't find it with the...
  8. Permanently Disable Sound from a specific program

Permanently Disable Sound from a specific program: I have a program that I use for work and I constantly have to mute it during a Zoom call with a client because of the annoying video's that pop up during the presentation. When I mute it I have to click a bunch of buttons to get through it and during that time I can't hear my...
  9. purchased DTS but its not listed in the spatial sound dropdown

purchased DTS but its not listed in the spatial sound dropdown: I purchased DTS a couple weeks ago but as of yet the option to use it is not available? https://i.gyazo.com/6cab8dc6c12f8c18a83bfae66a22f10d.png I am on the latest update. /rant I swear to god windows 10 is pure hell when used in combination with an audo receiver. Had this...
  10. Permanently Disable Driver Signing Windows 10

Permanently Disable Driver Signing Windows 10: Try this: Disable driver signature enforcement permanently in Windows 10 I have tried all of that. Since the Anniversary update, it seems impossible to permanently do (see the comments on that article). Has anyone else had any luck? Many thanks.