Windows 10: Permanently Removing Preinstalled Windows 10 Apps for All Users Existing or New

Discus and support Permanently Removing Preinstalled Windows 10 Apps for All Users Existing or New in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Currently running into an issue where when I attempt to remove all preinstalled apps from Windows 10 i.e. game bar, news, money, .... for all users, I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by fmian32, Mar 10, 2020.

1. fmian32 Win User

Permanently Removing Preinstalled Windows 10 Apps for All Users Existing or New

Currently running into an issue where when I attempt to remove all preinstalled apps from Windows 10 i.e. game bar, news, money, .... for all users, I am only able to remove the desired apps for existing users.

When a new user accesses the same computer on the same domain a domain for an office, all those apps that were seemingly deleted for the prior user reappear.Is there a permanent solution to deleting these preinstalled apps completely from a desktop's hardware?

So far as per numerous online guides:

1. I've deleted preinstalled apps for existing users through

Get-AppxPackage -AllUsers Remove-AppxPackage

2. I've attempted unsuccessfully to delete the preinstalled apps for new users as part of "futureproofing"

Get-AppXProvisionedPackage -online Remove-AppxProvisionedPackage –online

:)

fmian32, Mar 10, 2020

2. Removed Preinstalled Apps returns post Windows 10 Feature update. How to remove Apps permanently?

HI,

I have removed preinstalled apps from Windows 10 pro with Powershell commands. It was working fine till the time of feature update installation.

After installing Feature update 1809, all removed apps returns to the system.

Please guide, how can I permanently remove all unwanted apps from the Windows 10 Pro.

***Moved From: Windows 10/Windows settings***

VinayakParab, Mar 10, 2020
  3. Removed Preinstalled Apps returns post Windows 10 Feature update. How to remove Apps permanently?

Hi Vinayak Parab,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

If you have removed the applications using PowerShell, then they should not reinstall again until you install them manually or create a new user account; however, as you are using Windows 10 Version 1809, you can easily uninstall the following applications
    by just right-clicking on them and clicking on Uninstall.

• Microsoft Solitaire Collection
    • My Office
    • OneNote
    • Print 3D
    • Weather

If you want to uninstall any other preinstalled Windows 10 applications, then please follow the below steps.

• Click on the Start Menu > Search for
      PowerShell
      > Right-click on PowerShell > Click on
      Run As Administrator
    • Once PowerShell is up and running, type the following command and hit
      Enter.

Get-AppxPackage | Select Name, PackageFullName

• Once you execute the above command, you will be able to see the list of all installed apps and its PackageFullName information, so note down/copy the PackageFullName of the application that you want to completely uninstall and replace
      it in the following command and hit Enter.

remove-appxpackage PackageFullName

• Once you execute the commands to uninstall the applications,
      restart the computer once and the applications would be gone from your computer.

If you would like me to provide additional advice, simply respond to this thread. I will get notified and I’ll reply to you as soon as I can.

Shafeeq_Khan, Mar 10, 2020
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Mar 10, 2020
Thema:

1. Permanently Removing Preinstalled Windows 10 Apps for All Users Existing or New - Similar Threads - Permanently Removing Preinstalled

2. Powershell - Remove Windows 10 Apps for All users

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Powershell - Remove Windows 10 Apps for All users: I am trying to remove Several Windows 10 Apps via Powershell and I mean I have done extensive research but just can not seem to get it to work. It works great for 1 user but not all users. Am I doing something wrong or what cause this is getting annoying lol....
  3. Remove a user permanently

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Remove a user permanently: How do I permanently remove someone from my account to where they couldn't get in at all Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remove-a-user-permanently/efb53240-3234-4831-ab3c-34b955dfc5f7"
  4. How to remove a user permanently

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to remove a user permanently: I purchased my laptop about 5 years ago. I am the Administrator and only user. About 2 years ago a new user popped up, this is a person I knew but has no reason to be a User of this laptop. I keep removing them as a user but every now and then they pop up again. My main...
  5. How to completely remove preinstalled Office apps on a new PC?

in Microsoft Office and 365
    How to completely remove preinstalled Office apps on a new PC?: I'm configuring a new laptop which comes with the pre-installed Office apps for trial. I've uninstalled these under settings but large folders in c:\program files\windows apps remain (see below). How do I expunge these folders from the PC? [img] 138802
  6. How to completely remove preinstalled Office apps on a new PC?

How to completely remove preinstalled Office apps on a new PC?: I'm configuring a new laptop which comes with the pre-installed Office apps for trial. I've uninstalled these under settings but large folders in c:\program files\windows apps remain (see below). How do I expunge these folders from the PC? [img] 138802
  7. Remove all UWP apps except store for new users.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Remove all UWP apps except store for new users.: Hi, I would like to remove all the UWP apps except the Microsoft store. I know how to do that and it works perfectly but one question is how can I make that happen for new users? I don't need the extra apps and the other users dont need them either. I have tried looking...
  8. Removal of preinstalled apps.

Removal of preinstalled apps.: I do not use tablet mode on my windows 10 computer. Can I remove the pre-installed apps to free up storage space? Thanks/ https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/removal-of-preinstalled-apps/f07e694d-5ffd-4d88-a199-df5ae27d6a55
  9. Remove built in apps windows 10 for All Users

Remove built in apps windows 10 for All Users: Hi all, Hope i can have some help as i made a error in my image i created. *Sad I've left the built in apps installed and i would like to remove them via GPO or logon script? Dose anyone have any ideas on how? Thanks Newp 62176
  10. permanently remove ALL apps?

permanently remove ALL apps?: Hi guys, So I'm trying to remove the built in apps, but I have a few stubborn apps that just stays... *Mad Candy Crush Saga, Candy Crush Soda Saga, Twitter, Flipboard, Adobe Photoshop Express and MineCraft Here is what I tried so far: Get-AppXPackage | where-object...