Windows 10: Permantly disabling all automatic WiFi connections

Discus and support Permantly disabling all automatic WiFi connections in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hey readers, I want to configure my Windows to never make a connection with WiFi automatically. And I know that I can just select this option within... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Jaspervan den Assem, Oct 29, 2018.

1. Permantly disabling all automatic WiFi connections

Hey readers,

I want to configure my Windows to never make a connection with WiFi automatically. And I know that I can just select this option within Windows itself. But this is only assigned to one specific network. But I would prefer if it just not an option and it would be permanently disabled. So its NEVER possible to automatically connect with a WiFi connection in range.

The reason for this is that I am building an image for 30 business notebooks. And within the company, this is a security policy.

Is this possible, and how do I set this up?

Thx for reading!

Specs: Windows 10 Pro

:)

Jaspervan den Assem, Oct 29, 2018

2. Can't disable WiFi "Connect Automatically" feature

Windows 10 Pro Creators Update

There are reasons, which I won't describe here, why I don't want my laptop to automatically connect to my secure home network when my laptop is turned on.

• The WiFi auto connects when I turn on my laptop even though "Connect Automatically" is unchecked.
    • WiFi Sense is turned off.
    • Control Panel > Network Connections > Wi-Fi > Wireless Properties > All Boxes are not checked
    When a start my computer, the WiFi still automatically connects to a secured network that I've connected to in the past.

I know that I can "Forget Network" and it won't automatically connect as the password has to be entered again. Why offer the feature to not connect automatically and it not work?

This is most frustrating...

Eric61323(2), Oct 29, 2018
  3. Windows 10: Disable automatic connection of a wireless network

To further explain this question, let's start with a comparison between the steps you've outlined vs what I am seeing elsewhere. Your steps do provide the list of wifi networks that I use and are secured. However, when I click on the network symbol on
    the lower right of the desktop screen (sorry, don't know what to call this area), it shows other networks that probably belong to the neighbors. Some of them are checked to 'automatically connect. I don't want to automatically connect to them. How can those
    networks be permanently unchecked for 'automatically connect.' It cannot be permanently done on this list. Thanks, Joyce

JoyceMcDonald0133, Oct 29, 2018
  4. Permantly disabling all automatic WiFi connections

automatic wifi connection on startup

Hi Shaun,

Being unable to connect automatically to the internet upon starting your system may
    occur due to outdated or incompatible network adapter driver. To rectify such concern, we suggest that you refer to this

article
    which lists all troubleshooting steps suitable for internet connection issues.

Update us if it addressed your issue.

Thank you.

Angela Pun, Oct 29, 2018
Thema:

Permantly disabling all automatic WiFi connections

1. Permantly disabling all automatic WiFi connections - Similar Threads - Permantly disabling automatic

2. Wifi Disappears or Disabled automatically

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi Disappears or Disabled automatically: I'm having Asus tuf gaming a15. My device Wi-Fi driver is MediaTek wifi6 mt7921. when i connect power adapter or launch high end games, The Wi-Fi disappears. I checked networks hardware properties. There Wi-Fi status is not present. how to solve this?...
  3. Wifi Disappears or Disabled automatically

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wifi Disappears or Disabled automatically: I'm having Asus tuf gaming a15. My device Wi-Fi driver is MediaTek wifi6 mt7921. when i connect power adapter or launch high end games, The Wi-Fi disappears. I checked networks hardware properties. There Wi-Fi status is not present. how to solve this?...
  4. WiFi connecting automatically

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WiFi connecting automatically: I noticed recently that all the wifi networks in my area are selected to "connect automatically" even though I don't know any of them. When I do go through and uncheck the setting, it'll automatically check it again. What should I do?...
  5. WiFi connecting automatically

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WiFi connecting automatically: I noticed recently that all the wifi networks in my area are selected to "connect automatically" even though I don't know any of them. When I do go through and uncheck the setting, it'll automatically check it again. What should I do?...
  6. When I Connect the Ethernet Cable it automatically disable the WIFI

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    When I Connect the Ethernet Cable it automatically disable the WIFI: i have a problem to connect my Hotspot and this is happening only when the Ethernet cable is connected which means that the main problem here is that when the Ethernet cable is connected it automatically disable the WIFI and i have tried some solutions that I found on this...
  7. Wifi Not Automatically Connecting

Wifi Not Automatically Connecting: Hi, I recently installed windows10 pro 64-bit edition on my wifes laptop (legally) with authentic key. I've already updated the driver for her wifi adapter, upon startup most of the time it fails to automatically connect to our wifi signal. When it does it shows the the...
  8. Laptop will not connect to WIFI Automatically

Laptop will not connect to WIFI Automatically: My laptop hp will not connect to WIFI Automatically. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-will-not-connect-to-wifi-automatically/1e213074-9a86-440c-bd8c-c05292f65025
  9. Laptop will not connect to WIFI Automatically

Laptop will not connect to WIFI Automatically: My laptop hp will not connect to WIFI Automatically. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-will-not-connect-to-wifi-automatically/08088178-d7ad-482d-944b-c7515ff07368
  10. Wifi doesnt connect automatically

Wifi doesnt connect automatically: Hi, On my laptop wifi is setup to connect automatically and it used to connect automatically. Recently it doesnt connect automatically. Everytime i have to run network troubleshooter to connect. My other wifi devices connect to the same router without any problem. Help...