Windows 10: Permision to access a machine on my network failure

Discus and support Permision to access a machine on my network failure in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a small home network, with all the machines running Windows 10, and they're kept up to date. The problem I have is that I need to transfer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by thornuk, Mar 1, 2020.

1. thornuk Win User

Permision to access a machine on my network failure

I have a small home network, with all the machines running Windows 10, and they're kept up to date.

The problem I have is that I need to transfer quite a few files from one to another, as I'm changing the machine my wife uses her existing one is incredibly slow. Clearly it would be much quicker to do this across the network rather than copying them to several SD cards and transferring them that way.

The "new" machine which I've had as a spare for a few years is a member of the same workgroup, and it shows up on the network in File Explorer. However, when I try to access the files on C: drive it only has the one drive I see the message "Windows cannot access \\"new" computer name\ C

"You do not have permission to access \\"new" computer name\ C. Contact your network administrator to request access"

I have had access previously, but haven't used the machine very much recently, and am not aware of changing anything which would alter those settings basically, I wouldn't want to.

I am the network administrator, and have a long time ago on the "new" machine set the sharing of the C: drive to OK "Share this folder", and opened the permissions as I understand it to everyone on the network just the family !.

Any suggestions which solve this and give me access once again would be very welcome.

Thanks.

PB

:)

thornuk, Mar 1, 2020
  2. groston Win User

Cannot access Win10 machine via local network

I am 'birthing' my first Win10 machine, OS V1809, and must have goofed something up...

All machines in my home belong to the same Workgroup and the users/passwords are consistent across all machines. From my Win7 desktop, I:
    • Can access my Win10 machine, via Explorer, using its IP address
    • Can ping the Win10 machine using both its name and IP address
    • Cannot access the Win10 machine, via Explorer, using its name

From the Win10 machine, I can see all other computers on the network and access all of them.

I do not believe that this is a firewall issue as the issue persists when the firewall is disabled. I do believe that network and file sharing is enabled (but, I could be wrong). The issue exists with both the Ethernet and WiFi connections, so it is probably not interface-specific.

Please suggest what I can do to resolve this issue. Thx.

groston, Mar 1, 2020
  3. taward Win User
    One computer cannot access other network computers.

So I've tried every troubleshooting step I know:
    • Double checked that Net Bios was enabled
    • Ran a bunch of network commands:
      • flushed DNS
      • registered dns
      • pinged and located the named computers successfully
    • Reset my router to factory settings

Nothing works when I try to access via explorer. I'm still baffled by the fact that every other computer can access each other AND access this computer. It's just the outgoing connection from this machine that doesn't work.

Any thoughts?

taward, Mar 1, 2020
  4. Permision to access a machine on my network failure

Dolby Access Error: Network Failure?

Hi Pio,

Are you encountering other network issues on your computer right now? It would be best to check for network connection issues since the error that you're receiving is related to network failure. You can do so by running the Network troubleshooter.

Here's how:

• Open Start, and then type Network troubleshooter.
    • Select Identify and repair network problems.
    • Follow the steps in the troubleshooter.

Should you find errors that the troubleshooter wasn't able to fix, refer to this
    article on how to fix network connection issues.

Additionally, I also suggest that you run the troubleshooter for Windows apps to help identify errors within the app itself. You may run the troubleshooter from this
    article.

Let me know how it turns out.

Patricia Yu, Mar 1, 2020
Thema:

Permision to access a machine on my network failure

1. Permision to access a machine on my network failure - Similar Threads - Permision access machine

2. DIFFERENT WAYS TO ACCESS DIFFERENT WINDOWS MACHINES ON A SAME NETWORK

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DIFFERENT WAYS TO ACCESS DIFFERENT WINDOWS MACHINES ON A SAME NETWORK: This article is published, because we have received numerous customer’s queries, complaints, and feedback, that they need an action plan to access different machines on a same network and effective ways to troubleshoot them. In this article, we discussed ways to setup a...
  3. Why can't the virtual machine access the host's network folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why can't the virtual machine access the host's network folder: Hello,I use hyper-v generation 2 virtual machine.I set two virtual machines and one host machine.Now, this two virtual machines can communicate with each other through Network to shared folders and the host machine can open shared folders through Network. But two Virtual...
  4. games and adds on my computer without my permision

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    games and adds on my computer without my permision: WHAT GIVES MICROSOFT PERMISSIOM TO REMOVE GAMES I DOWNLOADED WITH THIER UPGRADE ? NOW I CANT EVEN GET THEM BACK,,,HOW DARE A COMPANY THINK THEY CAN CONTROL MY GAMES AND MY COMPUTER WHICH IS MY PERSONAL PROPERTY. YOUR UP GRADES ARE TO MAKE THINGS BETTER NOT IMPOSE YOUR...
  5. Cannot access Win10 machine via local network

Cannot access Win10 machine via local network: I am 'birthing' my first Win10 machine, OS V1809, and must have goofed something up... All machines in my home belong to the same Workgroup and the users/passwords are consistent across all machines. From my Win7 desktop, I: Can access my Win10 machine, via Explorer, using...
  6. No permision to access files and folders in home network.

No permision to access files and folders in home network.: I have a Win 10 pro OS on my laptop and Win 10 Home on my desk top with 1809 up date. I have provided permissions set to all, and full editing permissions for all the shared files and folders. I can't access any of the computers or files. Get a message "you do not have...
  7. permision denied when i access some files

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    permision denied when i access some files: when I try to access some files like my documents I get access denied, I belive I am logged on as administrator https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/permision-denied-when-i-access-some-files/d267f2a1-a946-42d2-8ce5-72a1e3c010ef"
  8. Networking failure

Networking failure: I have two home computers on my network with the desktop on my main PC shareable with my wifes laptop so that I can copy files onto her machine. Why doesn't the network connection work all of the time? Sometimes I can transfer a file and other times it just refuses to see...
  9. My machine is recognising only itself.No other machine in network.

My machine is recognising only itself.No other machine in network.: I have written before and my question was answered.But it made same problem again.I Have done all which was said me.But it doesn't work now.My machine is recognising only itself.No other machine in network. Sincerely ! Mursit Hakan Cil...
  10. Network Drive not accessible from one machine in network

Network Drive not accessible from one machine in network: I am having networking problems since the 1803 update. My network includes 1 desktop and 5 laptops. The desktop is my server and has a drive that is shared with all machines. 4 of the laptops can access the 5Ghz wireless network I have. The last laptop can only access the...